Official PS3 Release Info!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

yiyo

Sicc OG
Feb 3, 2006
Dark Shadow said:
i bet da games are gonna be atleast $70 but more like $85, controllers probably about $50, and there will be a memory card so if u wanna play it on a different console at a friends house. But it probably be a little different from other memory card so its gonna be higher. Then i bet there gonna sell software with it and it will be funny if they made it were u gotta have a special code. Since its new theres gonna be porblems with it
From what i heard the blue ray dvd players are suppose to be more expensive than the ps3 so for that reason the games the controllers the memory etc. is going to be alot more expensive so i'll check out the prices of those certain items cus im sure ps3 is not going to make any money off the console.

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
Robby2Slobby said:
I think you use USB sticks on PS3s, not memory cards.. They system has like seven USB slots or something.

Games will be 60, they won't raise that any higher... And the controllers probably will be 50.

It'll probably support Memory Stick Duos as Memory Cards, too..
how u think da Xbox is like its controller is usb and i believe they r actually flash cards as da memory card.

dont be so sure games wont be higher. like when games for genesis were brand new it was about $20-30, then games for dreamcase & PS were about $30-40 and Xbox and PS2 is about $50 to maybe 60. now is u notice it been going up and most likely they would use daul layer discs for games and if thats da case it will be higher. just check out how much blank DL disc are.

Apr 25, 2002
yiyo said:
From what i heard the blue ray dvd players are suppose to be more expensive than the ps3 so for that reason the games the controllers the memory etc. is going to be alot more expensive so i'll check out the prices of those certain items cus im sure ps3 is not going to make any money off the console.
yea blu-ray players are supposed to be from like 800 to 1200...the come out in june.....im all for the ps3 games blu-ray....free internet gaming....

Jan 2, 2004
So, for two hundred extra dollars over a 360 you get:

-Better Graphics
-More Power
-a 60 GB harddrive (3 Times the Size of the 360)
-Blu-Ray Disk Player (Movies In HD, Bigger Storage Size for games, no more two disked games ever)
-SD, Flash, Memory Stick Capability (Think of how good this could be for downloading rosters for like College Hoops or College Football into your system... Also, for save files and shit.)
-Wireless Gaming (The Wireless Adapter Costs $100 dollars for the 360)

DEFINITELY worth the extra 200 bucks..

Apr 27, 2005
Sony surprised me with that price, but it all makes sense when you consider how much money they are losing with each console sold. All the games are guaranteed to be at least $60 if not more due to rising development costs....instead of spending ≈$750 on a ps3 with an extra controller and one game, id rather buy a revolution (I refuse to call it Wii) with an extra controller and 8 games.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
start reserving them now and sell them on ebay for like 3 g's! lol...i wouldn't pay 600, i'll be waiting until the price comes down...which will be about a year and a half, and it'll probably be around $300-400.

May 9, 2002
Home-E said:
Sony surprised me with that price, but it all makes sense when you consider how much money they are losing with each console sold. All the games are guaranteed to be at least $60 if not more due to rising development costs....instead of spending ≈$750 on a ps3 with an extra controller and one game, id rather buy a revolution (I refuse to call it Wii) with an extra controller and 8 games.
That PS3...is better than 95% of GAMING PC's on the MARKET right now...BETTER than your Wii....even when it DROPS....it will STILL be ahead of a majority of the technology in gaming PC's...

Yall dont even really know how advanced this PS3 REALLY is....

Jul 7, 2002
Oh Coy!Ocerto said:
That PS3...is better than 95% of GAMING PC's on the MARKET right now...BETTER than your Wii....even when it DROPS....it will STILL be ahead of a majority of the technology in gaming PC's...

Yall dont even really know how advanced this PS3 REALLY is....

funny how all ps3 fanatics talk the same. about its specs, who cares? specs don't make good gameplay.

Jan 2, 2004
nefar559 said:
funny how all ps3 fanatics talk the same. about its specs, who cares? specs don't make good gameplay.
But it does make it a step ahead of the 360, which is virtually the same thing, but not as good........

But Wii, I'm looking forward to it.. Looks great.. I'll probably get both on there launch days..

Oct 13, 2004
Damn,6 Scuned. I don't know bout that. Thats crucial for the pockets.I'll prolly end up copping it sooner or later