Official PS3 Release Info!!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
well think about it like this.....its gonna have a blu-ray player for those of u wit hdtvs.....i mean its just gonna hold 50 GB to a single disc....and standalone blu-ray players will start comin out next month for about 1200......so i think i could live with payin 600 for that.....the only game system that supports 1080p...........

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149470.html

Aug 9, 2005
considering they DROPPED the price............ most people will buy it, but fuck the controller.. forreal when nintendo comes out its gonna destroy its 'competition' lol

Apr 25, 2002
nefar559 said:
3DO part II. Watch the 3rd party support jump on the xbox & wii
dont forget that sony sells more systems.....if u notice playstation has always been for hardcore games wit alot of variety for games.....gamecube was more kiddy and xbox was all about action games.....and 3DO was also very expensive with no support from 3rd party......everyone is already backin ps3 and are talkin about how its power makes the games great......just wait.....this was just the beginning for E3.....microsoft and nintendo conferences are tommorrow......nintendo is at 945 PT and microsoft is at 12 PT..........E3 starts tommorrow....im just waitin for all the ps3 games cuz i dont fuck wit xbox but i might fuck wit nintendo this go round.....but not til after im sick of ps3 lol

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
although i was excited about a possible new controller design...glad they didnt change it. if it aint broke dont fix it

they said the first xbox would never survive due to lack of 3rd party support and it did just fine. everybody always trips over that shit at every console launch and it is never a factor

Jul 3, 2002
DoughBoyX4 said:
damn imagine u gotta buy da ps3 N den u gotta get a game 2 go wit it N a memory card 2 damnnnnnnnnnn most people r probaly gon spend 720 buckz

and thats for just 1 game. You forgot extra controllers, probably going for $40 to $50 each.

Jan 2, 2004
DoughBoyX4 said:
damn imagine u gotta buy da ps3 N den u gotta get a game 2 go wit it N a memory card 2 damnnnnnnnnnn most people r probaly gon spend 720 buckz
Um, there's a hard drive, so you don't need a memory card..

But, it's only a hundred dollars more than 360 (20 GB Ver, which is what 360 has), and it has a blu-ray player, which goes for over a grand, it is definitely worth the price.

I'm not sure if it's worth a hundred extra dollars for the 40 GB or Memory.. But, I don't know what the system can do. It runs Linux right? So, it could be modable, and allow ROMs and Emus to be played on it, and if that's the case, I'll buy the 60GB version, but I'll have to wait and see what is going on with that.

Jul 7, 2002
timdown said:
how necessary is the 60 gb? i think thats the size of my computer's memory. Id be down to get the 20gb
actually there some other features that get striped out of the core system, like HDMI support, that means no 1080p, memory stick support, and some other stuff. So you need to get the premium system if you really want a ps3

Jul 7, 2002
Twist3d said:
dont forget that sony sells more systems.....if u notice playstation has always been for hardcore games wit alot of variety for games.....gamecube was more kiddy and xbox was all about action games.....and 3DO was also very expensive with no support from 3rd party......everyone is already backin ps3 and are talkin about how its power makes the games great......just wait.....this was just the beginning for E3.....microsoft and nintendo conferences are tommorrow......nintendo is at 945 PT and microsoft is at 12 PT..........E3 starts tommorrow....im just waitin for all the ps3 games cuz i dont fuck wit xbox but i might fuck wit nintendo this go round.....but not til after im sick of ps3 lol
well the n64 had a big list of 3rd party support before it came out and guess what happen? Impressive specs doesnt mean great games.

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
i bet da games are gonna be atleast $70 but more like $85, controllers probably about $50, and there will be a memory card so if u wanna play it on a different console at a friends house. But it probably be a little different from other memory card so its gonna be higher. Then i bet there gonna sell software with it and it will be funny if they made it were u gotta have a special code. Since its new theres gonna be porblems with it

Jan 2, 2004
I think you use USB sticks on PS3s, not memory cards.. They system has like seven USB slots or something.

Games will be 60, they won't raise that any higher... And the controllers probably will be 50.

It'll probably support Memory Stick Duos as Memory Cards, too..