Off Topic: Jay-Z Black Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2002
He said that Jay Z sounded different.....

I can almost promise that more than half of that album was freestyled in the studio, which would explain why Jay sounds somewhat different.

The only other reason for him to sound different is because of the way its recorded and most people really don't notice those subtleties unless they also record music.

But yeah, I did notice some changes in flow (not bad ones) that sounded like they came form Jay just freestyling songs.

Feb 8, 2003
Heat Myser said:
He said that Jay Z sounded different.....

I can almost promise that more than half of that album was freestyled in the studio, which would explain why Jay sounds somewhat different.

The only other reason for him to sound different is because of the way its recorded and most people really don't notice those subtleties unless they also record music.

But yeah, I did notice some changes in flow (not bad ones) that sounded like they came form Jay just freestyling songs.

SAID PERFECTLY, I understand you Heat

And another thing this whole album is tight ass fuck if you let it play through a couple times and listen to what Hova is spitting. Most cats on here don't feel Jay-Z because he is on a whole new level than the basic artist they use to hearing. In other words they not ready for his shit.

Apr 25, 2002
SF
crazy, i didnt know that he freestyled that much of it. i remember hearing an interview where he said he never wrote his rhymes down and he would just memorize them in his head.
well that makes me respect the album a little more knowing that it was mostly freestyled.
but still, theres somethin about the quality of his voice that i dont really like but who cares

Feb 8, 2003
krishna said:
crazy, i didnt know that he freestyled that much of it. i remember hearing an interview where he said he never wrote his rhymes down and he would just memorize them in his head.
well that makes me respect the album a little more knowing that it was mostly freestyled.
but still, theres somethin about the quality of his voice that i dont really like but who cares

Yeah he freestyles his whole album as a matter of fact he fresstyled every album that he has dropped. JaRule also freestyles all his shit too.

His voice probaly sounds weird to you because Jay dosen't have any bass in it.

N

NOSTRIL KING

Jay gets 0 props for this piece of shit. Every song is the same. 16 hook, 16 hook, 16 hook..."I am the greatest, yall gon miss me, I once moved weight but now I move raps, how could you hate on me I did what I could, I am the greatest."

Sounds like a NOW That's Music commercial pop comp with all those producers. No consistency, no message in his music...just bragging. It's a testament to his marketing machine that people think this is tighter than Blueprint 2.

Sep 23, 2002
Jay comes hard everytime but this time around i was disappointed. it wasnt like his old shit, then again he didnt have time to finish it and work wit certain producers that he wanted to work wit and it was a rush effort. but still, i expected him to go out harder than this shit. its cooh, but it was more like a master p retirement cd than a jay z retirement cd. IMO

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I was feeling the 2 tracks that Kanye West produced. Im looking forward to his CD when it drops in january. Also the Quik track on there is nice, although the singing on the hook was kinda weak. The other track I was really feeling after a few listens was the Timbaland produced track...