NW WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 11, 2002
Playa Jay Tee said:
This Cool Nutz, T Scott character, does the damn thang. I have never really seen anybody from the Northwest doing shit outside the Northwest except for Coolnuts & Jus Family, & Sir Mix a Lot. And that's real spit......

Cool Nutz has been out there doin' it.. no doubt..

Will I see you at the Summit..? If so, lets talk about who's doin' what in the NW... :)

Oct 7, 2005
^EXACTLY^

he needs to give it up.

hes been trying for ever and still aint got no fucking where.

give it up cool balls. just stick to bookin E 40 shows in bum fuck egypt.

ive heard alot of stuff boiling under the surface. its not long, trust me, before we see new faces and hear GOOD MUSIC.

Apr 8, 2005
im feelin you homie, but i dont think you put yur ear to the street enough, go get

young hogg - we came from the streets
craziness and lil danger - trials and tribulations
509's best kept secrets
certified - certificial business
on one - of kane related
underworld hustlas - still 509 riden
trife - dillemma
central dynasty - why does everyone wanna be a killa

all this shit is tight as fuck and HIGHLY recommended

Sep 4, 2002
Yung Danger said:
^EXACTLY^

he needs to give it up.

ive heard alot of stuff boiling under the surface. its not long, trust me, before we see new faces and hear GOOD MUSIC.
Jus Family And cool nutz are the only people i really see actully puttin out music that everyone in the country would like, such as Shes Mine, Just cause you don't like his music doesnt mean he don't have the talent to do it..

May 4, 2002
you know what the problem is....all this cyber politicin amongst the NW and nobody out doin footwork...
Cool Nutz and Jus Family are the niggas who opened the doors for me to be able to do what i do today...so its only right to say that they have lead the way so far in many ways...there is alotta dope talent...but nobody wants to read a book and really learn this business....its almost like cyrus in the warriors...we hella deep,..and got different gangs and affiliations...if we all possied up and made the shit happen for ourselves (i.e the bay area, new york, the south etc.) shit would be way more progressive...i hear people hate not only on me..but cool nutz and nonstop for being musically dope as fuck..and basically setting the standard for NW music...music is one thing...business is a whole nother ball game...thats why im lawyerd up right now getting my sue everybody that owe me on. i fallback and just look at the shit like...what can I DO to make it better for ALL OF US...imma continue to make good music..but thats only 10% of this game.........its easy as fuck to knock a nigga...it takes a real muthafucka to pat a man/woman on the back and really appreciate what they do and what they bring to the table...if all your bringin is new threads and CDS you printed up your self to sell around the corner...i dont wanna hear it!!! lol.....my 12 cents

Apr 1, 2003
people have to network too. Like Cool Nuts always hits me with the new shit for my shows and B Mello's college radio show. Also when I see cats on here or on email or myspace and I hit them up some answer back and give me some music and some never respond or don't care too. I been doing this internet show since 2000 and Jus Family, Street Level, Unexpected Arrival have been real consistent.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
SYKO said:
you know what the problem is....all this cyber politicin amongst the NW and nobody out doin footwork...
Cool Nutz and Jus Family are the niggas who opened the doors for me to be able to do what i do today...so its only right to say that they have lead the way so far in many ways...there is alotta dope talent...but nobody wants to read a book and really learn this business....its almost like cyrus in the warriors...we hella deep,..and got different gangs and affiliations...if we all possied up and made the shit happen for ourselves (i.e the bay area, new york, the south etc.) shit would be way more progressive...i hear people hate not only on me..but cool nutz and nonstop for being musically dope as fuck..and basically setting the standard for NW music...music is one thing...business is a whole nother ball game...thats why im lawyerd up right now getting my sue everybody that owe me on. i fallback and just look at the shit like...what can I DO to make it better for ALL OF US...imma continue to make good music..but thats only 10% of this game.........its easy as fuck to knock a nigga...it takes a real muthafucka to pat a man/woman on the back and really appreciate what they do and what they bring to the table...if all your bringin is new threads and CDS you printed up your self to sell around the corner...i dont wanna hear it!!! lol.....my 12 cents

I'm glad u said all this syko.. Unity is what's lacking most right now... And a syko/nonstop colabo is overdue.. If it wasn't for conflicting schedules then we'd a BEEN hooked up... U around vegas?? If u is we needa link up.. If not imma be back in the town in 2 or 3 weeks... Hit me up 310 866 1519....

But YOUNG DANGER, I understand voicing opinions, but u aint gotta talk down on people makin moves for your neighborhoods. I'm not sayin u gotta suck his dick, but U can at least show respect for a man that is onna the HARDER working artists in this market. If ur from portland, I bet u had a copy of harsh game...

Anyways.. Right now, and for a while, I've been like FUCK HOODS... I wanna link wit artists in my city... Unless uve shot at me I have no problem wit u... Lets get this money on.. Make a dynasty out of the nw

Apr 23, 2003
www.jritz.havdreamz.com
SYKO said:
WORD UP!

Apr 23, 2003
www.jritz.havdreamz.com
nonstop_ga said:
I'm glad u said all this syko.. Unity is what's lacking most right now... And a syko/nonstop colabo is overdue.. If it wasn't for conflicting schedules then we'd a BEEN hooked up... U around vegas?? If u is we needa link up.. If not imma be back in the town in 2 or 3 weeks... Hit me up 310 866 1519....

But YOUNG DANGER, I understand voicing opinions, but u aint gotta talk down on people makin moves for your neighborhoods. I'm not sayin u gotta suck his dick, but U can at least show respect for a man that is onna the HARDER working artists in this market. If ur from portland, I bet u had a copy of harsh game...

Anyways.. Right now, and for a while, I've been like FUCK HOODS... I wanna link wit artists in my city... Unless uve shot at me I have no problem wit u... Lets get this money on.. Make a dynasty out of the nw
HEARD THAT 2! GET AT ME NONSTOP.
KEEP IT RITZY,
J-RITZ

Apr 8, 2005
i honestly think there is too much nw rap to say it aint tight, there is so many fuckin rappers in spokane and seattle alone, people need to stop hearin like three or four rappers and sayin its all bad, as long as that happens, we wont be giving the right artists enough support, and no one will blow up

Oct 22, 2005
...here my breakdown of who i think is tha dopest out of P.O

But tha PORTLAND RAP SCene is dope

Cool Nutz: Pioneer of Portland Hip-Hop scene....Consistant this nigga is one of the most consistant workers in the game...Puts out quality shyt...New shyt is crazy..and he has worked on his flow and delivery...Deserves to put tha P.O on tha map

Nonstop: This nigga has major talent...Flow is original beats is sick...one of the dopest out of P.O

SYKO: UNderated & overhated...I hope u get your just due for Producing some of Mac Dre's biggest hits??shyt biggest albums...nigga will put NW on tha map

Duna: Thizz NW....hmmm he is dope but if anybody..Syko should lead the Thizz NW

Bosko: nigga already doin it big

Lifesavas: Yall sleepin on these cats

Meezilin: this kat is dope..rocks shows and has good stage presence and energy

Maniac Lok: This nigga doin it straight outta woodlawn

Bleek: dude kan spit..period

Ray-Ray(Rest in peace Yung Randall): G-ism was tyyte

U-Krew: lol,,these niggaz started the scene...If you were mine...is there c.d still in print?

Libretto: dope

Soul Plasma:dope

Standout records:(gospel rap) dope

too many to name

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
Yung Danger said:
^EXACTLY^

he needs to give it up.

We are actually still doing it homie. You are entitled to your opinion, and all we can do is prove it to the world that we are deserving of some sort of success. And while we are booking E-40 in bumfuck Egypt we are actually getting booked and paid for these shows as well. If this is the hip-hop life that I am left with, then I guess I will take it. Hip-Hop has actually taken me to bumfuck Egypt, while alot of other artists can't even do shows in their Bumfuck Backyard. This is what people in Bumfuck places have to say about me.

TECH N9NE, COOL NUTZ, POTLUCK, PHUNK JUNKEEZ, DJ CHILL
(Showbox) Portland's Cool Nutz is recognized by regional heads as a hiphop institution, a model for the independent game. He's been involved for over a decade, spinning hiphop on the radio, running a record label, and founding POH-HOP, Portland's hiphop festival. His raps are on the gangster side of things, but their main theme, their deepest concern, is the City of Roses, Portland. CHARLES MUDEDE

Cool Nutz

As a scenester pal of mine once observed, “It’s Cool Nutz’s town. We just live in it.” The dean of Portland hip-hop and prime mover of Jus Family Records has been keeping a somewhat low profile of late, but he’s got a new album out called “Collabos,” a stellar CD full of tag-team blasts with friends and labelmates such as Bosko, Yukmouth, Kenny Mack and Maniac Lok.
11 p.m. Friday, Ash Street Saloon, 225 S.W. Ash St.

7. Where Will They Go? – Cool Nutz f/ Bosko
Portland Hip-Hop pioneers Cool Nutz and Bosko form the perfect team on this collaboration. Both artists have worked with West Coast heavyweights the likes of Kurupt, E-40 and Ras Kass.

So if this is what the game is giving me, I will gladly accept it.

@ Syko: Hollar at your boy. Let's make it happen nigga. It's long overdue.

@ Everyone Else: Thanks for the props. We greatly appreciate your support of the music, and the movement. It only gets better in 2006 people.

Apr 25, 2002
JusFamilyRecords.com
Oh yeah, make sure that you pick up the new C-Bo comp that comes out tomorrow featuring a brand new slap from your truly Cool "The Washed Up Rapper" Nutz & Maniac Lok. Exclusive new hot shit family.

C-Bo - West Side Ryders II CD
2005 West Coast Mafia Records

20 Tracks Featuring:
Spice 1, Mississippi, Cool Nutz, Maniac Lok, Spade, 5Star, Kavio, 40Glocc, CJ Mac, 151, Young Meek, T-Nutty, Brotha Lynch Hung, Tech N9ne, Crash, Young Bleed, Killa Tay, Mr. Redd Dogg, Roc Troutman, DA Raida Officialz, Cyco, Big Lurch, Too Short & WC

1. Westcoast California (C-Bo, Spice 1 & Mississippi)
2. Hang Wit A Baller (C-Bo & Mississippi)
3. Feds Come (Cool Nutz & Maniac Lok)
4. She Like It (C-bo)
5. 2Nite (Spade & 5-Star)
6. U Don't Want It (C-Bo)
7. Weirdos (Skit)
8. Let Em Know (Kavio, 40Glocc, CJ Mac & Mississippi)
9. Chop It (151)
10. Hardest In Gardens (Young Meek & C-Bo)
11. Take It To The Street (Skit)
12. Who's Them Gangstas (C-Bo, T-Nutty & Mississippi)
13. 187 On A Hook (Brotha Lynch Hung & Tech N9ne)
14. WCM Radio (Crash)
15. Blocc Bleeda (Young Bleed)
16. Keep It Movin (C-Bo, Killa Tay, Mr. Redd Dogg & Roc Troutman)
17. Watchin (D/A Rida Officialz)
18. U Know I'm So: Gangsta (Cyco)
19. Cali Girl (Big Lurch & Too Short)
20. Ride Til We Die (C-Bo & WC)