New releases for 2008????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^^^Hell yeah, you liked that Chevelle too? I thought that CD was some of thier best work. Even the B-Sides kicked ass.

Details??????
Hopesfall is now considered by many to be it's own cover band since the band has been through two full line-up changes and no original members remain. They have also announced in September 2007 that they will be changing the band's name, but the name change will mean an official end to the Hopesfall era (after the change happens, it will officially be a new band).
According to the Hopesfall MySpace page, replacements Paul Cadeña(guitar) and Robert Charles DeLauro (bass), for Dustin Nadler and Mike Tyson respectively have been replaced by Andy Balfour (guitar) and Josh Johnson (bass).
A Myspace bulletin was released from the band on January 2,2008 that said the following about the bands breakup
Hey guys happy 2008! Word on the street is Hopesfall has broken up. Well.... " The one thing you can count on is word on the street ya, That's solid," That's a line from one of my favorite movies which stars one christopher walken. Anyway HF has broken up and we have all moved on to other things in our lives. Why the break up? Well it's a long story. To long for myspace but i will say this. I hate Trustkill and it's owner. Hahahaha. He's not the reason we broke up but i (we) do hate him. Anyway we have posted some new songs. 1 song that TK took off the record with out asking us or even telling us. What a bunch of assholes huh!? So you can download "Saskatchewan" if you'd like. We have a brand new song that we might post on here very soon. It's with out vocalsbut we like it a lot! It's a nice little gem. I have a bunch of demos from mag north also that i will post. a few are songs that we didn't even record so that should be fun huh!? Anyway take care kidos! Jason

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
While you're intro French bands your better check out Amanda Woodward
While I love Amanda Woodward I don't know if Jesse would. He suprises me sometimes though.

France has some of if not the best bands of the genre, followed by Italy and then the US. Japan has some good stuff too.

New Ruins is some stragith up punk...didnt like it at all...

Weird how they totally changed their style...
New Ruins straight up punk? Huh? Maybe you have something else mislabeled as that album because New Ruins is post hardcore, not even near a straight up punk sound.

Hopesfall is now considered by many to be it's own cover band since the band has been through two full line-up changes and no original members remain. They have also announced in September 2007 that they will be changing the band's name, but the name change will mean an official end to the Hopesfall era (after the change happens, it will officially be a new band).
According to the Hopesfall MySpace page, replacements Paul Cadeña(guitar) and Robert Charles DeLauro (bass), for Dustin Nadler and Mike Tyson respectively have been replaced by Andy Balfour (guitar) and Josh Johnson (bass).
A Myspace bulletin was released from the band on January 2,2008 that said the following about the bands breakup
Hey guys happy 2008! Word on the street is Hopesfall has broken up. Well.... " The one thing you can count on is word on the street ya, That's solid," That's a line from one of my favorite movies which stars one christopher walken. Anyway HF has broken up and we have all moved on to other things in our lives. Why the break up? Well it's a long story. To long for myspace but i will say this. I hate Trustkill and it's owner. Hahahaha. He's not the reason we broke up but i (we) do hate him. Anyway we have posted some new songs. 1 song that TK took off the record with out asking us or even telling us. What a bunch of assholes huh!? So you can download "Saskatchewan" if you'd like. We have a brand new song that we might post on here very soon. It's with out vocalsbut we like it a lot! It's a nice little gem. I have a bunch of demos from mag north also that i will post. a few are songs that we didn't even record so that should be fun huh!? Anyway take care kidos! Jason
So it's going to be the same band that did Magnetic North except for new guitarist and bassist right? Same lead singer and drummer? I'm cool with that, I hope they keep the same feel as Magnetic North, that albums is so good. Oh well, RIP Hopesfall.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm looking forward to Capsule "Blue LP" that's coming out in Feb. Robotic Empire bands rarely let me down. Also coming from Robotic Empire is Verse En Coma in March (really looking forward to this) and the Jesu/Battle of Mice split which will be dope I already know. Also there is a Isis LP box set in the works, and Live IV. Then of course there is the new Pygmylush album "Mount Hope" as well. Looks like another good year for music from Robotic Empire.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
All that shit is the same to me...i hate punk/hardcore/post-hardcore...
All good but you can't get much different sounding between the three lol.

And actually I don't think you hate post-hardcore as much as you think,

Hopesfall, From Autumn to Ashes and similar sounding bands are all considered post-hardcore. Like a lot of genres though (IE; grunge, emo,etc) it's pretty broad.

It's weird though, I love hardcore and post-hardcore, really can't stand straight up punk like Sex Pistols, etc. Love post-punk (Joy Divison, The Fall, Magazine, The Birthday Party,etc) a lot though.

I don't know, sometimes genres really, really, really confuse me lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
WAIT? Did I read that right, you're actually looking forward to the new Verse En Coma album? Did you hear the last one???????????????????

I didn't even know there was a last one lol. All I've heard is what's on their myspace and I dig it. That bad huh? Well I'll still check it out.

I'm really looking forward to the new Pygmylush album. It's supposed to be all along the lines of the "mellow" stuff from Bitter River and I'm not complaining about that at all lol.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
So hopesfall is just going to get revamped again? That'll be cool, and yeah, as long as the lead singer stays and the overall feel of magnetic north. The guitars were good too, so, sucks that the guitarist will leave.

Now if Incubus decides to make another album this year, that'll be the icing.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
January 09, 2008
METALLICA Drummer Says New Album Is Not As 'One-Dimensional' As 'St. Anger'

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich recently spoke to Revolver magazine about the band's much-anticipated new album, tentatively due in the spring via Warner Bros. Records.

"This stuff is certainly a lot more dynamic and a lot more varied than the last couple of go-rounds," he said. "There's a lot of light and shade in these songs. There's heavy, fast, nutty stuff, and then there's some slowdowns and musical interludes. It's pretty different from 'St. Anger', and it's pretty different from the 'Load' stuff. This stuff is not the one-dimensional punch in the face that 'St. Anger' was. This is probably a little more like those couple of albums back there in the decade that begins with an '8.'"

When asked if the material represents a return to the "old school," Lars replied, "I hate to be that specific, because six months from now people are gonna go, 'What the f**k? Lars lied to us!' But it feels that way to me. It's been no secret that Rick [Rubin, producer] suggested to us that we use a couple of those records as reference points — that we spend some time kind of accessing that headspace. So when we would come to forks in the road, sometimes the exercise became, 'What would we have done at this point in 1985?'"

For more of Revolver's conversation with Lars Ulrich, pick up the February 2008 issue of the magazine, available on newsstands now. More information is available at www.revolvermag.com.

Source: BLABBERMOUTH.NET

As long as that shit don't sound ANYTHING like St. Anger, I'll be lookin' forward to it too.