Mr Doc Setripn' blocstyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
Homie Doc could not match up with DMG on the mic....I'd put money on that shit.....And Rigomortiz is better then Set Ripn' Bloccstyle...Bloccstyle had the better concept but the all around album goes to Rigormortiz from production, the artist delivery, flow, hooks, lyrics....Features would be about even cuz Lynch, Loki and babe Reg were gassin' just like Big Mike, 5th Ward Boyz and Scarface were gassin'...Thats a hard one right there but DMG carried 85% of that album with no help where Doc only carried aout 60% of the album cuz he had so many guess spots and interludes on his album
there are times where we agree and disagree on. i strongly disagree on this one. everything you said in regard to dmg and doc, it's the opposite for me. one thing is for sure, it ain't no masterpiece. good album, yes.

May 30, 2006
If it ain't a masterpiece then Setripn ain't no classic if thats the case Lu....ur also the same guy that said Setripn is better then ig Mikes Somethin Serious and that Doc can rap better then T-Nutty and Young Bop and that gangsta dre can rap better thn Lynch...u talk so much about how much Lynch don fell off but GD fell off alot harder if thats the case cuz he has not been active that much this decade and his last two albums smell of hot garbage...its ur oinion of course but I can't really take some of the shit u say serious

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
nope, i was never insinuating such remarks, at least not in that context. you are overblowing it by generalizing. my recent point being was few weeks ago that doc was not average/below average or even garbage on his debut as you would call him. dude was no big l or rakim, but he was good at what he was doing for that one album. listen to the lyrics, it doesn't sound like a copycat attempt to fools from the bay or even locally in sac. it was different, depicting gang banging with a mix of story telling in a wholly unique fashion. also, he was no twista and neither is t-nutty. nutty can flip a few words here and there but is extremely repetitive and not to mention rapping about winnie the pooh and shit WTF. is that lyricism? i guess it is in this day and age. anyways, i won't even bother with young bop. one or two good features on a compilation doesn't warrant any praise if it isn't anything remotely special to begin-with. his mixtape/album were garbage.

yep, i prefer doc's album over somethin serious. i've said that before.

i'm not gonna go into that lynch/dre discussion again; it was answered many times.

my perspective on this for now...

Sep 3, 2002
WOW DUDE DEF DONT KNOW GOOD MUSIC. Theres no way in hell that doc's album is better then big mike something serious

Add me to your list. Big Mike sounds like so many others to me. I'd listen to MIL TICKET over something serious anyday. NOt to mention Setrippin Bloccstyle.

Being in the source magazine doesn't make your album Classic.

May 30, 2006
Add me to your list. Big Mike sounds like so many others to me. I'd listen to MIL TICKET over something serious anyday. NOt to mention Setrippin Bloccstyle.

Mil Ticket was good but Somethin Serious was a classic...G-Mone couldn't see Big Mike on his best day...How did Big Mikes ound like so many rappers? Scarface was lght weight intimidated by Big Mike when Big Mike joined GB and thats why he wanted Mike out the group....Big Mike is a far more superiour rapper then Willie D but face wanted Mike out the group when they were homies too....Mikes spits were on level of Faces at that particular time thats why.

If u like Setripn better then Somethin Serious thats cool and all but Big Mike would of ripped Doc in half as far as mic skills.....like i said Big Mike at one time skills matched that of Scarface...Docs skills never came close to the likes of Bo, X, Lynch and Sicx

Jun 11, 2004
Is there anything else like this? I honestly cant find anything better anywhere, maybe Sicx but he had to fuck up and stop making music. Mr doc is shit now but can anyone recommend anything thats got beats and lyrics like Setrippn Bloccstyle?

they dont have to be from Sac, it just seems that the best rappers on earth come from Sac so I figured I'd ask here
u should also try that young bo-lookin death in the face, young dre d-troubled mind, g idez-organized rhyme, gangsta dre-inner city poet and gangbangin poetry if you havent already

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
WOW DUDE DEF DONT KNOW GOOD MUSIC. Theres no way in hell that doc's album is better then big mike something serious
lol

that sums it up for me, too. mil ticket is dope as hell to me btw.

Sep 3, 2002
Mil Ticket was good but Somethin Serious was a classic...G-Mone couldn't see Big Mike on his best day...How did Big Mikes ound like so many rappers? Scarface was lght weight intimidated by Big Mike when Big Mike joined GB and thats why he wanted Mike out the group....Big Mike is a far more superiour rapper then Willie D but face wanted Mike out the group when they were homies too....Mikes spits were on level of Faces at that particular time thats why.

If u like Setripn better then Somethin Serious thats cool and all but Big Mike would of ripped Doc in half as far as mic skills.....like i said Big Mike at one time skills matched that of Scarface...Docs skills never came close to the likes of Bo, X, Lynch and Sicx

This thread and this very forum have nothing to do with Big Mike or his album.

Feb 8, 2003

yOU DEF TRIPPIN NOW. SOEMTHING SERIOUS WAS ABOUT REALITY SHIT WHILE SET TRIPPN WAS SOME STUDIO GANGSTA SHIT. REAL ALWAYS PREVAILS OVER MADE UP SHIT