Mr Doc Setripn' blocstyle

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2009
Is there anything else like this? I honestly cant find anything better anywhere, maybe Sicx but he had to fuck up and stop making music. Mr doc is shit now but can anyone recommend anything thats got beats and lyrics like Setrippn Bloccstyle?

they dont have to be from Sac, it just seems that the best rappers on earth come from Sac so I figured I'd ask here

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
First off thanx for the compliment..SAC does have some of the hardest rappers on earth.

But let me put it to ya like this bra....there is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder albums out there then "Set rippin Blocc Style". I mean I like the album its for sho a SAC classic but you have to expand your listing ears to other music cuz Doc was not all that sick on the mic. Now the album does have a dope sound that you aint gonna find no more but my advice is to move on and bump some Sav-Sicc and Bleezo or somthin like that.....

Feb 21, 2006
Hollow tip- takin no shortz

UDI- Under Da Inflluence

those two are lyrically and production wise as good if not better. And lyrically, Doc was a very below average rapper IMO

Aug 18, 2003
www.epidemicent.com
Is there anything else like this? I honestly cant find anything better anywhere, maybe Sicx but he had to fuck up and stop making music. Mr doc is shit now but can anyone recommend anything thats got beats and lyrics like Setrippn Bloccstyle?

they dont have to be from Sac, it just seems that the best rappers on earth come from Sac so I figured I'd ask here
lol

May 30, 2006
First off thanx for the compliment..SAC does have some of the hardest rappers on earth.

But let me put it to ya like this bra....there is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder albums out there then "Set rippin Blocc Style". I mean I like the album its for sho a SAC classic but you have to expand your listing ears to other music cuz Doc was not all that sick on the mic. Now the album does have a dope sound that you aint gonna find no more but my advice is to move on and bumb some Sav-Sicc and Bleezo or somthin like that.....
Good post....U made some great points

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach

But let me put it to ya like this bra....there is waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder albums out there then "Set rippin Blocc Style". I mean I like the album its for sho a SAC classic but you have to expand your listing ears to other music cuz Doc was not all that sick on the mic. Now the album does have a dope sound that you aint gonna find no more but my advice is to move on and bumb some Sav-Sicc and Bleezo or somthin like that.....
C'MON CUZ, DON'T DISCOURAGE HOMEBOYS TASTE IN MUZICC!!!
JUST HELP HIM WITH WHAT HE ASK'N' FOR!!!

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Mr Doc's SetRippin Bloccstyle only had 2 tight songs, "Fill Em Up Wit Slugz" and "Rollin Wit GBC" was the only 2 good songz on that album other than that I skipped thru the album.....IT WAS A SACTOWN CLA$$IC THO DONT GET ME WRONG, I HAD THE CASSETTE TAPE IN JR HIGH SCHOOL AND BUMPED IT HELLA TIMES

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach

TRY SNOOP DOGGS "UNRELEASED HEAT ROCCS"
SICX & BROTHA LYNCH "NIGGA DEEP"
SICX "DEAD 4 LIFE"
HOLLOW TIP "TAKIN NO SHORTZ"

THEM MIGHT BE ON THE LEVEL TYPE MUZICC YOU LOOKIN FOR!!!

Jun 11, 2004
you definatley need to check out mc2 and j-dog's "killers and dealers in violent areas" if you havent already.

Also da Kat "still subbin" is similar imo.

Lu_

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2005
lmao @ fools not even reading what the guy asked, still trying to discredit the rapper/album.

as pbarb666 said though...
mc2 & j-dog - killers & dealers in violent areas
da kat - still subbin
mc eiht - we come strapped

also, listen to e.s.g's ocean of funk and sailin da south, there are some similarities in beats on a handful of songs on both of the albums.

in essence, setripn bloccstyle was unique; you won't hear a carbon copy of it.