Master P´s Hip Hop History Is Selling!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Master P left, blew up...2Pac left, blew up...Baby Bash left, blew up.

Anybody ever wonder why these cats left in the first place? Could be because cats out here in the bay have absolutely no appreciation for shit unless it's their own. Here folks are, takin shots at Master P for doing HIM, and feeding his family...and at the same time, you want to hate the man because he left the bay and left it behind (even though he was still screaming Richmond after he blew up).

I take my hat off to dude...

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the_truth_ said:
lol at ive only tasted an a ounce of fame.. internet rappers gotta love em
Funny...it's just too bad I'm not an "Internet rapper"...I'm a rapper who happens to have internet access. I was doing this before I had the internet, and I'll continue to do it with or without the internet. At least I'm humble enough to not say some stupid shit like, "I'm the dopest out here" or "Muthafuckaz everywhere know SYDAL". I went and got my own paper, funded my own shit, put that shit out myself, and made contacts on my own terms.

I've been face to face with major A&R's, and took their criticism like a man, and stepped back to the drawing board. I've been to clubs and had people standing in line to get autographs...I've had people come up to me at random bars, grocery stores, etc. asking to take a picture. I've had plenty of women ask me to go home with them, I've been on the radio (XM and FM, college and internet). On top of that, I'm listed as a regular performer at the Improv in San Jose with my folks...and that's a move not even your favorite artist has been able to make...and I know this because my dude was the first one to perform a rap concert at the Improv, in the venues history...and we are STILL the only group of cats to perform rap concerts at that spot (which is a national venue). Granted, it's not the fuckin Arco Arena or anything, but it's a huge step for somebody who has done it himself, and made the contacts HIMSELF. I'm online to move units overseas, which I do quite well I might add. The funny shit is, I still remain humble. I don't brag about shit, but since you wanted to go there with it, that's what I'm doin'. What have you done?

I've sold records on the street, I've sold records in the store, and I've sold records online. I'm STILL selling records online and overseas.

Oh, and here's what else I've done....as far as work goes...

WHO HE'S WORKED WITH!

JC

Anita Fixx

Scrilla Mac

Assassin

JT Tha Bigga Figga

San Quinn

Playa Rae

Tum Tum

Mr. Kee

Jymini

Cucizy

Canadian Star DEESHA on the song "Freak U Babe" off of Jymini's "All Of Me"

Swoop (Owensboro, KY)

Young D

KillahMo

Slick Crazy

Uncle Jon

Mista ILL

Jet Danger

Chaz

Amy Halloway

Taz Twi$ted

Ricochet

Larry K

Mr. Bomber

Mr. Sillicon aka Benny Blanco

Square Biz

Peter Parker

FEATURED PROJECTS!

"Game Theory"

"Purgatory"-COMING 2007!

"Filmoe 2 San Jo' Pt. 1"

"Hitman 4 Hire"

"Bad Blood"

"Bart 2 The 91Siccness"

"All Of Me"

"Wordz Of Wizdom"

"Blueprints"

"Playaz Of Fortune"

"On Tha Hustle"

"Menace II Da Underground"

"True Grit"

And I haven't stopped yet....in fact I'm just getting started.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
MASTER P was on 106 & Park On FRIDAY! Talkin bout his New Music Plan-No cursing! He always leads the way! Not the best rapper, but one of the Best Businessmen Rap has ever $een! 75 Million Records sold!

Aug 7, 2002
dudes smart by gettin quick money so fast like that he already did his thang blew the fuck up almost all over da world with them platinum beats ya betta recognize the real hustlers in the game

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
Album is not bad....... Damn Take A Stand Records/ B.A.R.C. Stay In School project Master P Richmond Ties,Kontac Richmond native stay tuned a bird told me there has been some communication between the two

Jan 15, 2006
I would say some of these lil local bay rappers that are doing their thing are seeing an ounce of fame... the bay area rap scene is not that big and since i never heard of you i found it funny.................... ahh the hell with it i guess in the end it all depends on YOUR definition of FAME... do your thing..

as far as what i have done ? i know rap doesnt pay your bills my job does..

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the_truth_ said:
I would say some of these lil local bay rappers that are doing their thing are seeing an ounce of fame... the bay area rap scene is not that big and since i never heard of you i found it funny.................... ahh the hell with it i guess in the end it all depends on YOUR definition of FAME... do your thing..

as far as what i have done ? i know rap doesnt pay your bills my job does..
"widespread reputation, esp. of a favorable character; renown; public eminence"...that's beyond a normal existence, and I'm beyond a normal existence...just because of the shit I do and deal with every day. All fame is, is a reputation beyond what an average Joe knows about. An OUNCE of that, would be where I'm at...but by no means am I FAMOUS yet!

I get my bills paid with or without a 9-5. I'm not on this local bay rapper tip, though. Matter of fact, I can't even lie, I don't move most of my shit, nor do I have most of my fans, in the Bay Area. I don't make music for the Bay, I make music that I think will appeal to a bigger audience...and we all know that most cats out here, don't support that Universal shit. If it isn't Hyphy, it's "Fuck You". That's fine with me, it's forced me to expand to other regions. I have a steady fanbase in a few areas, and it works for me. I had never heard of YA BOY, he came out of nowhere, and now he's doin' his thing. I'm trying to creep in under the radar so I don't have anymore cats trying to influence what kind of music I make. So far, so good.

So, sooner or later, I expect you'll hear about me 'cause word of mouth is a great tool. The shows are getting better, more frequent, and some radio stations are starting to hear the buzz...so we'll see where that goes. It's all good, no love lost, you never heard of me...good. One more person I aim to reach on some level. Do what you do.

Jan 15, 2006
Like i said your definition of an ounce of fame is slighty different then mines... shit happens.

I dont think most cats out here want hyphy tho its just that in general the bay is just not as supportive as some other regions. By no means was i trying to knock you tho.... do your thing man.

Nov 13, 2004
Sydal said:
"widespread reputation, esp. of a favorable character; renown; public eminence"...that's beyond a normal existence, and I'm beyond a normal existence...just because of the shit I do and deal with every day. All fame is, is a reputation beyond what an average Joe knows about. An OUNCE of that, would be where I'm at...but by no means am I FAMOUS yet!

I get my bills paid with or without a 9-5. I'm not on this local bay rapper tip, though. Matter of fact, I can't even lie, I don't move most of my shit, nor do I have most of my fans, in the Bay Area. I don't make music for the Bay, I make music that I think will appeal to a bigger audience...and we all know that most cats out here, don't support that Universal shit. If it isn't Hyphy, it's "Fuck You". That's fine with me, it's forced me to expand to other regions. I have a steady fanbase in a few areas, and it works for me. I had never heard of YA BOY, he came out of nowhere, and now he's doin' his thing. I'm trying to creep in under the radar so I don't have anymore cats trying to influence what kind of music I make. So far, so good.

So, sooner or later, I expect you'll hear about me 'cause word of mouth is a great tool. The shows are getting better, more frequent, and some radio stations are starting to hear the buzz...so we'll see where that goes. It's all good, no love lost, you never heard of me...good. One more person I aim to reach on some level. Do what you do.
I like this guy. He has his own agenda and doin him. Stick wit it. Dont listen to the haternet and the followers. Do u.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the_truth_ said:
Like i said your definition of an ounce of fame is slighty different then mines... shit happens.

I dont think most cats out here want hyphy tho its just that in general the bay is just not as supportive as some other regions. By no means was i trying to knock you tho.... do your thing man.
It's all good, fam. We all see and analyze shit differently, part of being human. You're absolutely right though, the support system in the bay sucks. I've seen a lot of cats out here get NO LOVE...then they move and they do good for themselves. I think it's because other spots don't have as many "rappers" as the Bay does. Every time I'm out, I run into at least 5 "rappers" and 5 "producers". I don't want to toot my own horn, 'cause some folks might say the same about me. But, I've been rapping since 11...I didn't just decide to do this over night, ya know? I think that's a BIG problem out here.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
mafiaqueen said:
I like this guy. He has his own agenda and doin him. Stick wit it. Dont listen to the haternet and the followers. Do u.
I appreciate the kind words and support. The best way to make music, is to do it on your own terms. The best way to MAKE IT in music, is to do you and not what everybody else does. I don't have MILLIONS of fans yet, but most of the people that listen to my shit and support...I grabbed their attention myself. Plus, you know what true artists say..."If I reach ONE person, and touch them...I did my job".