Master P´s Hip Hop History Is Selling!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2007
from hiphoppress.com

Master P shows the world that clean rap can sell with the help of internet retailers and Wal-Mart

With no significant radio play, video play, or expensive marketing schemes, the Miller Boyz are at the top of their rap game. Their record, Hip-Hop History, is already outselling many other urban artists who have promotional machines and expensive ad campaigns to back them up. In addition to being available at all digital music retailers, the CD is available exclusively at Wal-Mart stores, the world's largest retailer. The Miller Boyz and Take A Stand Records are are making it cool to put out clean rap.

"This is the first rap album banned by the system for being clean!" Master P laughed. "Wow, I never knew it would be so hard to do something positive."

With all the hype surrounding 50 Cent and Kanye West, Master P has achieved his goal by establishing balance and offering consumers a choice in the marketplace.

"This is not about me, this is a movement" said Master P. "If God is for you, who dares be against you? This is hip-hop history and I'm glad to be a part of such a big project. I want to thank the people that want something positive for themselves and their kids. Hopefully other artists will see what's going on and do what's right for themselves rather than get caught up in the media's pressure to be someone they're not. Like it says in the Bible 'a life without change is a wasted life,' and that's why I knew it was so important for me and my son, Romeo, to be a part of this project."

With the music industry at an all-time low and profits scarce, Master P is showing the world that clean lyrics and direct distribution are a win-win for both the artist and the consumer.

"The overhead of producing and releasing a modern album is so high and all these other labels out there are still trying to put out traditional records," continued Master P. "There's just not the same demand for it anymore. Also, parents are involved with what their kids are listening to and they are choosing positivity. All of these together show the reason why Hip-Hop History is so successful."

Master P said that this record isn't about him or his son; it's an example for others to follow.

"I'm not doing this to be a superstar rapper, I'm just doing this to show the world that it works. Now I'm going to go behind the scenes and work on my business ventures and help my son take his career to the next level. I also pledge to teach others how to build wealth through investing in real estate and how to achieve their goals by using my book Guaranteed Success."

This is truly a great day for hip hop. First Master P made it cool to be country, now he's making it cool to put out positive music.

Press: [email protected]

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Takeastand said:
I´ll wil get the numbers if i can later this week...The album was also sold out on Wal Mart Online on one day...thats huge!!
actually that doesnt mean anything....they could've just stocked like 20 and sold them all....happens all the time with indy albums.

Aug 13, 2007
ESFCE said:
actually that doesnt mean anything....they could've just stocked like 20 and sold them all....happens all the time with indy albums.
Nah, they got a huge album deal with Wal-Mart so i doubt they shipped about 20 copies. (Pre-orders) ya know...WalMart got the album exclusivly wit the new book in the front of their entry in about every store right now...

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
P gonna move units on this... he doen somethen different then everyone else, and that tends to attract attention, and the people he marketing to, are the type of people to buy cd's

Aug 13, 2007
By distributing to Walmart, you are cutting out the middle-man. Universal, Atlantic... All these places got a deal with Walmart as well. So when you see a G-Unit Cd at Walmart... That's a lot of hands in the pot. Cause Universal has to make a deal with Walmart's actual distributor... Which is Anderson Merchandisers. And then, Interscope gotta get they cut... Then Shady/Aftermath... Then G-Unit. That's a lot of hands in the pot. What it means to go directly to Walmart nationally is to go through Anderson. So, it would be Anderson/Take A Stand. You negotiate the terms for what you will sell the book/cd to them for, and they'll place a BULK order. This is because there are over 6500 Walmart stores in total. So, even if they planned on stocking 10 titles of each. That's 65,000 shipped. And... You get paid off what ships, not what sells. But... You can't count it as money in the bank until you account for returns. So, If you put 10 books and cd's in New Orleans... You'll sell them easy. Put 10 books in Montana, and you might have some returns (money usually charged against future earnings). That's the game. But please believe... A direct deal with Walmart is indeed prestigious. This is because of the sheer volume of sales Walmart does. Walmart will sell a $15 book for $8. This is because they go off bulk. So, they might make a HUGE order, and only make a dollar on the book, but... That's how they make all those billions a year. Think about... Paper plates at Target are like... $2-3, and Walmart will be selling them joints for $0.94 for a pack of 500:) Well... Maybe 100, but... Yall get the point.

Credit: mixonc at TTS.com

Nov 13, 2004
N JAIL U MY HOE said:
P gonna move units on this... he doen somethen different then everyone else, and that tends to attract attention, and the people he marketing to, are the type of people to buy cd's
Dam I aint think about that, u right.

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
You know this opens a huge door for the miller fam. This is consistent with p cleaning up his image. Don't be surprised if he is able to put more than just music exclusively at wal-mart. Here comes the shoes, clothes, all the shit. Dude is smart.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Takeastand said:
I got the album and he got his CLOTHING LINE available at WalMart real soon...
lol @ buying P. Miller clothes from Wal-Mart... I would clown somebody for that

But dude's makin his money, I aint gonna hate, but I for sure am not gonna be comppin any of his clothes or albums

May 5, 2002
with mf's posting all these posts about murders and mf's not caring blah blah.. we should be seein more support. I think its about time mf's take responsibility for their actions... good shit P! No one needs the Black community to continue with the negativity ontop of negativity.