Mac Dre.. r u serious?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
ybb mac dre & thizz mac dre has a career sort of like dre dog/andre nickatina. same rapper, but different style and content when it switched. you got some people that like one style or both. i like dre dog and that thizz mac dre!

Sep 6, 2004
SCOCIOUS said:
ybb mac dre & thizz mac dre has a career sort of like dre dog/andre nickatina. same rapper, but different style and content when it switched. you got some people that like one style or both. i like dre dog and that thizz mac dre!

fo sho they should make an album together..... They make a sick ass team! You heard Andre N Andre

Dec 6, 2003
JsAHogg said:
The only real way to fully accept MD's skills is to have listened to him since back in the day. Or at least since Rompolation. You needed to saok it up through the years and listen how he evolved, who he evolved with, and what he's doing now. That's the only way to appreciate Dre. It's hart to just start likin him the past couple years, which seems to be the case for lots of folks on this board (All I ever hear now is "Feelin Myself" comin out of car windows, all over Sac.)

I've never been able to explain Dre to anybody - you just gotta start listenin to his lyrics. If I sat somone down, who had never heard of Dre, and played like 11 hours of his shit straight through, they still wouldn't have any idea of MD's potential.

Imy opinion, he's the BEST lyricist EVER.
real talk...Mac Dre is my favorite rapper, and i started off listening to mainstream stuff. Mac Dre got me into Bay rap. Like most people been saying, he's original, clever, funny, and has good concepts. His old stuff, YBB era, is better imo, but i think that holds true for most rappers. When Thizzelle washington came out i was dissappointed and stopped listening for a bit, then i saw TREAL TV and got the acquired taste for his new shit.

The song that really set it off for me was actually off that Dubee album, Sugawolf Pimp. Dre got a solo on there "Game I'm Spittin' ".....Listen to that if you haven't yet!

Jul 15, 2002
JsAHogg said:
The only real way to fully accept MD's skills is to have listened to him since back in the day. Or at least since Rompolation. You needed to saok it up through the years and listen how he evolved, who he evolved with, and what he's doing now. That's the only way to appreciate Dre. It's hart to just start likin him the past couple years, which seems to be the case for lots of folks on this board (All I ever hear now is "Feelin Myself" comin out of car windows, all over Sac.)

I've never been able to explain Dre to anybody - you just gotta start listenin to his lyrics. If I sat somone down, who had never heard of Dre, and played like 11 hours of his shit straight through, they still wouldn't have any idea of MD's potential.

You said it best potna!!!!

Best Lyricist HELL YEAH....

May 24, 2004
I think one of the most missed thing about Mac Dre is that he has more talent then at least 99% of the rappers out. The few things that go against him are
1. no one relly listens to his lyrics (he is the most versetile and entertaining rapper with no gimmiky style) Think about it. How many rappers that rap this slow cause people to rewind his shit to hear and understand fully what he means??? He can make a home on just about any beat. 2. He is from the bay (you know that most people think that no one from the bay can rap so they brush him off) 3. He does shit his way and not for the industry. (who else in the rap game could make the tracks he has and still have it excepted?) 4. People forget he is gangsta that is living it up (come on now he has evolved ass he has needed to but any man that has been down and now is up is going to Get STUPID)

Listen to Mac Dre really. Don't hear him listen. I think if he got on more shit like the WCBB2 album (which his song was the classic cut) or the Black Gangster soundtrack (that has got him alot of fans in New York) He would be recognized as the talent he is. I honestly fell and hope I'm worng that if he died and people listened to him in that way would he get the universal respect he deserves.

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
JsAHogg said:

you said it all, i've been listing to MD since i was 4-5 yrs old because of my older brother and that was in 89'. i grew up off the man feelin everything but i got to admitt his flows aint like they use to be, they really started changing after rapper gone bad. the 1 i didnt feel at all was "mac dammit and friends"
my name is ALmatic mayne and this is my opinion...opinion

Sep 5, 2004
www.GORILLAPITS.com
theikondolamike said:
I think one of the most missed thing about Mac Dre is that he has more talent then at least 99% of the rappers out. The few things that go against him are
1. no one relly listens to his lyrics (he is the most versetile and entertaining rapper with no gimmiky style) Think about it. How many rappers that rap this slow cause people to rewind his shit to hear and understand fully what he means??? He can make a home on just about any beat. 2. He is from the bay (you know that most people think that no one from the bay can rap so they brush him off) 3. He does shit his way and not for the industry. (who else in the rap game could make the tracks he has and still have it excepted?) 4. People forget he is gangsta that is living it up (come on now he has evolved ass he has needed to but any man that has been down and now is up is going to Get STUPID)

Listen to Mac Dre really. Don't hear him listen. I think if he got on more shit like the WCBB2 album (which his song was the classic cut) or the Black Gangster soundtrack (that has got him alot of fans in New York) He would be recognized as the talent he is. I honestly fell and hope I'm worng that if he died and people listened to him in that way would he get the universal respect he deserves.
you said to dog!

Aug 20, 2004
TONE DOG THE 01 said:
Metophore after Metophore! The man can Rap a story! Another hard hitter in the bay who has earned his stripes!
Metaphores?Give some of his so called "metaphores"...cus i cant recall very many from him that were all that fantastic...