LIL B GETS GLOWING REVIEWS FROM TOP MUSIC CRITICS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
So basically your saying they give certain artist a set score to gain ratings ? like M&M a 2.5 because all his fans would hit there site and drive up there views/visits count ? And Lil B a high score because people would wonder why he scored so high and drive up the sites view/visit cont ?
no, that is not what im basically saying, what i'm 'basically saying' is that they run the magazine and theyll review shit how they want. my opinion of said reviews is my opinion, and thats seperate of said magazine.

I agree it aint that serious... I'm not bothered by it... just stating my opinion since the thread is here

all I'm saying is I don't respect their opinion, simply because I think Lil' B makes really terrible music... and I think Eminem is one of the most talented emcees out there... not saying he has to get a perfect rating from everyone... but a 2.8 seems crazy... considering when it comes to his flow, rhyme schemes, delivery, etc... all the technical shit when it comes to rapping he's better than most rappers... but I guess it's all subjective, so it is what it is
i dont think anyone in this thread heard the lil b shit they were reviewing...i may be wrong but prolly not....im also in that situation and imo thats up there with me hating on cash money or some shit in 1997 because i liked underground rap...ill wait till i hear it to see if it deserved a 7 (i probably wont listen to it) much like ill eventually listen to eminems album and decide if it personally is that bad...i might not listen to it tho, i got like....3 whole eminem albums to sit down and listen to before i die...maybe more i lost count? and yeah, i probably wont go about finding that lil b album, but its the world of hip hop critics, crackhead album rating is expected like the high price of a video game when it first comes out.....

my favorite album review is in murder dog of chronic 2001, where some white girl was reviewing it and she was going off about how she 'couldnt get broken off to this shit' ....i dunno thats how serious i take rap reviews...i always kinda look at it like one persons opinions, and thats how certain rap reviewers get more famous than others, through personality in the writing...some people take ratings mad serious to other people its kinda like the funny section in the newspaperr

Feb 11, 2006
Ya'll niggaz really care what rating it got from one magazine critic ??? Who prolly just skipped thru it without soakin the lyrickal(or lack of) content??? Who givs a fuck don't be influenced by shit mayne ahahahahha

Mar 26, 2010
www.SoldierHard.com
Ok I was reading thru the comments, and it got me curious who the hell is Lil B, so instead of judging it first i wanted to hear it, so i did....and i can't believe that people are actually entertaining this, muthafucka this dude is garbage! are you kiddin me? are ya'll kiddin me right now? "Hoe's on my dick cuz i look like Jesus" or "She sucked my dick like a martian?" I know this ur dude, but u dick riding a lil too much, u need to be a better friend and slap the tattoos off this clown, while saying "Step yur game up".......if people are likin this crap, hip hop will be dead!!!! and if mess is messin with dude, i aint copin another mess project again...this dude's a joke, i started to think, that it was a corny ass movie and an actor was portraying a rapper......like the rapper on juwanna man....hahaha props for the hustle, props for gettin the views, and props for the quality video, but shame on you for actually prepairing your mouth to delivery garbage like that.......not hating by far, just starting the obvious.......

damn i just entertained this too, indecent you should roll thru the grib and slap the shit outta me!!!!

Mar 1, 2007
lol at sayin pitchfork is credible...are u serious? the dude who reviewed lil b's album is a fuken hipster...he says lil b is the ariel pink of this rap shit....
wow--> get the fuck outta here wit that shit... n in the review he glorifies the beats more than his flow...he even says that his shit sound like he's talkin on the beat n its semi coherent, sloppy n half formed...<---NUFF SAID! people like the gimmicks n dont really care for the lyrical content, which explains y they give EM such a shitty review...EM will smash on any mainstream rapper out today, n he proved it on that FOREVER song....while everyone was tryin to come dope n top the other verses in the song, he just rips n kills the song... n EM speaks on topics that reflect on him n what he goes thru... n its sad cuz these gimmick rappers is whats killin off hip hop n rap... its bad enuff that rap is going down in ratings and sales but in a few years, hip hop n rap will b a dead genre b cuz people are going to be looking for the next gimmick, n it will turn rap into a gimmick...

Dec 28, 2009
never heard of pitchfork or lil b but when it comes to critics.......... well theyre critics. so whether they give lil b a 10 or whatever is not going to make me like or dislike an album or artist. now i did listen to the hanna montana song and think that its aimed at the ladies which is the same reason why i dont like the song. but maybe the ladies mught like it. idk. either way...... were all critics.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
Pitchfork is a hipster music site. They like things that are new and different. Eminem is not new or different lil b is. Because of this, its a good site to find new and different artists if thats what your looking for. But Pitchforks taste in rap has always been a little bad in my opinion so I wouldn't take the reviews too serious.

Ok I was reading thru the comments, and it got me curious who the hell is Lil B, so instead of judging it first i wanted to hear it, so i did....and i can't believe that people are actually entertaining this, muthafucka this dude is garbage! are you kiddin me? are ya'll kiddin me right now? "Hoe's on my dick cuz i look like Jesus" or "She sucked my dick like a martian?" I know this ur dude, but u dick riding a lil too much, u need to be a better friend and slap the tattoos off this clown, while saying "Step yur game up".......if people are likin this crap, hip hop will be dead!!!! and if mess is messin with dude, i aint copin another mess project again...this dude's a joke, i started to think, that it was a corny ass movie and an actor was portraying a rapper......like the rapper on juwanna man....hahaha props for the hustle, props for gettin the views, and props for the quality video, but shame on you for actually prepairing your mouth to delivery garbage like that.......not hating by far, just starting the obvious.......
!
Yeah all this LIL B shit is corny as fuck. Horrible horrible music. The game aint what it use to be. GImmicks are now the biggest thing you need in the rap game, its sad.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Pitchfork is a hipster music site. They like things that are new and different. Eminem is not new or different lil b is. Because of this, its a good site to find new and different artists if thats what your looking for. But Pitchforks taste in rap has always been a little bad in my opinion so I wouldn't take the reviews too serious.
which is exactly why gucci mane got a 8.3 today...its just how hipsters are..nothing to go nuts about

technically thats lil b's target audience to begin with

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
the only thing that makes lil b entertaining is when some people hear it they get hella mad. that's why people listen to it, think it's funny and enjoy it, because they know it has an edge to that makes people mad.

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
that's the most fascinating part of this whole shit. i've yet to read anyone say he's gassin on a verse. everyone's just collectively like "god damn this dude's off the hook ridiculous." and then there's people that feel like they need to defend hip-hop and the bay. hip-hop isn't a bitch, nobody's gotta defend it.

Feb 8, 2003
PITCHFORK MUSIC GAVE HIS ALBUM A 7/10

HOPEFULLY YALL KNOW HOW BIG THAT IS, THEY ARE THE #1 MOST RESPECTED ONLINE MUSIC CRITICS IN THE GAME TODAY.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14418-base-world-pt-1/

SPUTNIK MUSIC AS WELL.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=57098

CHECK OUT PITCHFORKS REVIEW OF J. STALIN TOO IF YOU HAVE TIME, IT'S A DOPE READ:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13944-prenuptial-agreement/

SHOUTOUT TO EVERYONE IN THE BAY BREAKING NATIONALLY!!

CATARACS!!! http://www.myspace.com/thecataracs

THAS NOT HIS ALBUM. THATS A MIXTAPE FROM DATPIFF SITE

shame

Sicc OG
Aug 1, 2004
Yea...support your local artists ....even if they're musics garbage.....just support them anyway cause they're local....that's why the bay stays winning ; )