LIL B GETS GLOWING REVIEWS FROM TOP MUSIC CRITICS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 3, 2007
PITCHFORK MUSIC GAVE HIS ALBUM A 7/10

HOPEFULLY YALL KNOW HOW BIG THAT IS, THEY ARE THE #1 MOST RESPECTED ONLINE MUSIC CRITICS IN THE GAME TODAY.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14418-base-world-pt-1/

SPUTNIK MUSIC AS WELL.

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=57098

CHECK OUT PITCHFORKS REVIEW OF J. STALIN TOO IF YOU HAVE TIME, IT'S A DOPE READ:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13944-prenuptial-agreement/

SHOUTOUT TO EVERYONE IN THE BAY BREAKING NATIONALLY!!

CATARACS!!! http://www.myspace.com/thecataracs

Apr 3, 2007
bro indecent . . . you need to do your reserch . . . its PITCHFORK . . . the fact that this means nothing to the siccness is truly depressing . . . oh well.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
bro indecent . . . you need to do your reserch . . . its PITCHFORK . . . the fact that this means nothing to the siccness is truly depressing . . . oh well.
if its as big of a deal as you're saying then no research should need to be done

thats like saying you have a song that everyone knows and loves, but the people you're talking to have never heard of it

lopro

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Pitchfork is HUGE. I recently started checking reviews there, but I have mixed feelings about some reviews. Eminem's Recovery a 2.8?

Either way that's good for him.

Apr 3, 2007
wait....

Lil B get s 7 but Eminem gets a 2.8???

wow, what a joke of a site

im with you on that, ems album definitely deserved better. but remember these guys are HARSH and pretentious as fuck.

they probably look at eminem as a 37 YEAR OLD WHITE RAPPER, and think its funny hes still so emotional about topics they find so insignificant.

these guy invest a lot into RAPPERS PERSONAS

but music needs pitchfork because they are TRUE CRITICS.

Sep 18, 2008
Lil B got people taking notice .. He got Messy Marv wanting to collab on a mixtape for free he don't do shit for free..In my opinion he the next to blow he got twitter going nuts.. All the people who laughed and clowned on that Hannah Montana now he got everybody saying #hoes on my dick because ? Fill in the blank..

Apr 3, 2007
btw you really think j. stalin and lil b payed pitchfork for a good review? youre deliusional bro . . . . completely delusional . . .

SICCNESS YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES . . .

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Apr 3, 2007
I think your a very talented producer/artist, but lets be real for once.... you think its lil b's music is going to carry him ? Hes your friend so your opinion is light weight bias ya feel. Im not mad at dude, but its hella funny what these "Higher up" blog sites and supposedly critics think is good music.
I'm gunna bet the house on it, youve never listened to a Beatles album all the way through . . .

Radiohead?
Grizzly Bear?
Daft Punk?
Wu-Tang?
Crystal Castles?

You dont need to like these artists, but its important you understand these artists.

Just like its important you understand why Lil B is popular.

Like the artists i mentioned, Lil Bs music is DIFFERENT. its not supposed to be RAP OR HIPHOP. hes pushing genres all over the place and thats whats beautiful about it. His music isnt forgettable and he actually has something to say. I remeber you commenting way back about how

"the only people who listen to lil b's music are fags and weirdos and people on drugs."

your statement is pathetic and that mindstate is gunna stop you from achieving a lot of things my friend and more importantrly, understanding the beauty of all music.

May 8, 2005
I'm gunna bet the house on it, youve never listened to a Beatles album all the way through . . .

Radiohead?
Grizzly Bear?
Daft Punk?
Wu-Tang?
Crystal Castles?

You dont need to like these artists, but its important you understand these artists.

Just like its important you understand why Lil B is popular.

Like the artists i mentioned, Lil Bs music is DIFFERENT. its not supposed to be RAP OR HIPHOP. hes pushing genres all over the place and thats whats beautiful about it. His music isnt forgettable and he actually has something to say. I remeber you commenting way back about how

"the only people who listen to lil b's music are fags and weirdos and people on drugs."

your statement is pathetic and that mindstate is gunna stop you from achieving a lot of things my friend and more importantrly, understanding the beauty of all music.

i was gunna light weight agree with the "understanding why he's popular" and "pushin genres" bit until i came to the "and he actually has something to say" part. lol. he literally says NOTHING!

Apr 3, 2007
Yup that was a quick comment and reaction to what i was seeing....i was wrong for that comment and I can admit that like a MAN... but it was the picture he was painting. Daft Punk is DOPE, Never listened to a Beatles ablum all the way threw, RZA is a Dope producer, and the others i havent even touched.....but that doesn't mean I don't know what good music is. I grew up on Sly, Tower of Power, Confunktion, Queen ..thats the music my mom introduced me to when see was alive. Im not trying to fight with you pimp, but I disagree that you think lil b makes meaningful "Quality" music (with the exceptions of 1 or 2 songs).
okay i respect you a lot for admitting that statement was wrong. and i probabaly sound like pretentious upperclass white boy douchebag who has my nose up in the air and dont take musicians seriously because theyve never listened to a beatles album all the way through . . . AND THATS WRONG TOO.

honestly, im not a huge beatles fan at all . . . theyre a little too "light" for me . . . but ofcourse i understand why they are so important.

there is NO WAY TO MAKE MUSIC OR LISTEN TO MUSIC OR GRADE MUSIC.

so i apologize if i sound like an elitist in my rants.

i do think that the siccness in particular is so god damned ignorant to the world of music that it upsets me.

Apr 3, 2007
And thats your opinion so i cant get mad, just like i have a opinion on what ya boy does. FACT - Lil b is creating a big buzz, but with that buzz he has to deliver quality music which I have yet to see.....Let music carry the artist ...not the "off the wall" tactics just to get attention. If you love "MUSIC" then lets hear the "MUSIC"... not a bunch of home recorded freestyles with 0 meaning.

i cant argue with that. it would be interesting if lil b stopped with all the visuals, and soley gave us audio. but thats just not lil b.

lil b is a package and an ever expanding one at that. hes the movie and the album.

and i also realized this forum is called B.A.R.T. . . . kinda forget its supposed to be regional. so i apologize.

good talks, and good days.