Latest Horror Movies Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
going to frightfest in 2 weeks cant wait!! line up looks good:
Friday 26th February 2010

7.00 pm - FROZEN
9.30 pm - 2001 MANIACS: FIELD OF SCREAMS
11.45 pm - STAG NIGHT

Saturday 27th February 2010

2.00 pm - A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
4.15 pm - AMER
7.00 pm - (REC) 2
9.00 - SPLICE
11.30 - HARPOON: REYKJAVIK WHALE WATCHING MASSACRE
Frozen is supposed to be very good same with Amer. Looking forward to those as well as [REC] 2! Splice is supposed to be very boring. Dunno about 2001, but the first one was mediocre at best.

I'm probably gonna watch them all though, cause I love Horror...

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
The Original Exorcist was really one of the only movies that actually scared me. I liked Stigmata and Constantine too. White Noise was a little different as well, another one I liked. I recently watched "Paranormal Activity" thinking it would be stupid as fuck, but to my suprise, I couldn't really fall asleep after I watched it. LOL, I even looked at my cat and thought he was possessed for a minute, lol My old man didn't care for it, but he's not a horror fan like I am so... I dunno, I thought it was worth the dollar.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Watched Town Creek (Blood Creek) last night. Directed by Joel Schumacher and starring some decent actors. It's a Horror movie with a cool concept (Nazis, Occult, Vampirism, Zombies all mixed together), that in the end still fails to be a great movie, but I still recommend it to Horror Fans. I thought it was good.

A man and his brother on a mission of revenge become trapped in a harrowing occult experiment dating back to the Third Reich.
Narrator: In the early '30s, Adolf Hitler and his inner circle became obsessed with the occult, believing that the black arts were key to their plan for world domination. Nazi agents travelled the globe in search of ancient Nordic relics known as rune stones. They believed if they harnessed the power of these stones, nothing could stop the march of the Master Race. The symbols inscribed in these stones were said to describe the path... to immortality.

Sep 27, 2008
i just saw Wolfman

it was good at the begining and end, but the middle had little dialog and no action

i like to be entertained throughout a movie and that movie didnt do it in the middle at all

Apr 3, 2008
last one i saw was paranormal activity.. i watched when noone was home and afterwards i kept thinkin i was hearin shit.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I was really disappointed with Paranormal Activity. I thought it was horrible, but that's just me. I didn't really find anything scary about it.

I'm a hardcore horror film fanatic, but this didn't do it for me. There aren't that many that are good, and haven't been for a while now. Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie's) wasn't that great. The killing scenes were alright, but it wasn't as good as I thought it might be.

I wish he'd make another "The Devil's Rejects" type movie, but with a scarier plot/twist to it.

Sep 29, 2003
I just watched Daybreakers last night....I read a ton of negative reviews on the sicc, but I thought it was pretty decent. I probably wont watch it again by choice.....but I enjoyed it.....

Apr 20, 2003
Cabin Fever 2 sucked ass. I mean we are used to bad sequels, but this?

Daybreakers was alright. Could have been better, but the idea etc. was nice.
I couldn't agree more about Cabin Fever 2........ Movie sucked ass x2 lol! Daybreakers was actually pretty good from what I initially expected.

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
I haven't found any new releases to be shocking or scary to me personally... but if you're a horror fan, and would like to see a twisted movie... check out the classic... Guinea pig : flowers of flesh and blood, it's has a gore, cult following... based on an actual snuff film... Probably one of the most disturbing pieces of art I've ever seen...

Another great classic, would be Dead Alive, or (Braindead) as it was released overseas... directed by Peter Jackson... it's another gore movie with comedic elements...