Latest Horror Movies Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Alotta the new Horror movies I watch are not worthy to have their own thread, so I thought we open one Horror Thread were we can post about all of em...

Just watched The Thaw with Val Kilmer. Dunno why her was in this one though. Prolly is in serious need of money...
It was like a mix out of The Thing and Cabin Fever. Just on a mediocre/bad level.

Also watched Pighunt. Buddies go for a hunting weekend and end up meeting pigzilla, naked weed hippie bitches, and your normal crazy ass rednecks. Another mediocre movie. Only watch it with low expectations...

Apr 20, 2003
^^^Agreed^^^ I rented The Thaw @ a Redbox a few weeks back...... it was booooring! LOL @ the guy having sex with the asian broad and thinking he had some kind of STD. I bought Clive Barker's: Midnight Meat Train(Bradley Cooper from Hangover), which was pretty good straight to video flick IMO.

Feb 13, 2006
If you can stand watching a movie with subtitles. Look up The Art of the Devil part 2. Its a Thai movie and its pretty good as far as a horror movie is concerned. Check it out seriously you will like it.

Nov 26, 2003
I just saw a movie called Shrooms. It's about some college kids that go to Ireland to pick and eat magic mushrooms. They get caught up in eating some crazy shrooms and shit goes down. Pretty good and scary movie. Definately worth watching. Great quality too. You
will enjoy.

Sep 16, 2002
watched a movie called drag me to hell.. i wouldn't necessarily consider it a horror movie.. but it was made by the same guy who did the evil dead series/ army of darkness.. i thought it was a pretty good flick..

Synopsis: After nearly two decades of successful detours into mature thrillers (THE GIFT, A SIMPLE PLAN) and superhero blockbusters (the Spider-Man series), director Sam Raimi returns--full tilt--to his... After nearly two decades of successful detours into mature thrillers (THE GIFT, A SIMPLE PLAN) and superhero blockbusters (the Spider-Man series), director Sam Raimi returns--full tilt--to his scrappy horror roots with DRAG ME TO HELL. Alison Lohman stars as Christine Brown, a soft-spoken Southern girl with a good heart, a PhD-toting boyfriend (Justin Long), and a job as a loan officer at a bank just outside of Los Angeles. When evicting a vile and negligent old woman named Mrs. Ganush (Lorna Raver) seems to be the only way to secure an important promotion, Christine pushes her moral flexibility about as far as it can go (not very far at all) only to dearly pay the price as the recipient of a rather nasty curse. The next three days of Christine’s life amount to an unimaginable endurance test in which she is subject to physical and psychological torture while a terrifying demon draws ever closer to take her to hell, where she would burn for eternity. Raimi manages to keep the feverish awfulness of DRAG ME's central concept palpable while layering on his distinctly disturbing and exhilaratingly kinetic macabre-meets-slapstick portraiture, and the result is an efficient celebration of the art of horror movies that’s campy, scary, and fun. Similar to HBO’s classic TALES FROM THE CRYPT series, HELL feels like a living, breathing EC comic. While it may come as a minor shock that Bruce Campbell, the beloved mouthpiece of the EVIL DEAD franchise, is nowhere to be found in this unabashed horror-comedy, Christine is an excellent twist on Raimi's genre-hero archetype. Fans will get a kick out of seeing her inexplicably leave her gob agape as putrid projectiles pour in, and hearing her, after a bit of pushing, spout a Campbell-ism or two ("I’m gonna get me some!"). [Less]

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Watched the latest Saw movie. I think it was the sixth!?

Well, it is always the same shit. If they keep making these, then they are gonna end up soon just showing flashbacks.

Would like to know though, how they gon continue this shit. It's like watching a soap opera. lol

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Finally watched Halloween 2. Different from the first remake, as this was completely different from the OG. Wasn't feeling the whole supernatural shit, but I guess Rob Zombie had to put his wife in the movie somehow...

It was grimey, that's what I liked. But I really hope Rob Zombie stops making remakes...

2.5 outta 5

Jan 25, 2009
going to frightfest in 2 weeks cant wait!! line up looks good:
Friday 26th February 2010

7.00 pm - FROZEN
9.30 pm - 2001 MANIACS: FIELD OF SCREAMS
11.45 pm - STAG NIGHT

Saturday 27th February 2010

2.00 pm - A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN
4.15 pm - AMER
7.00 pm - (REC) 2
9.00 - SPLICE