KUTT "FEATURE PRESENTATION" DISCUSSION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2007
uh, does DJ Chill rap?

kaliko KILLS the first verse, it sounds to me like kaliko is on the second verse too doin some weyad shit, but i could be mistaken...sounds like the same voice as when he spit "tecca nina said that hes a player, i take it a step further, im a all damn dayer", and then its kutt on the 3rd verse

theres some KC & JOJO soundin hooks on this shit, i didnt expect that ish...its kinda hot though.i kinda wish there was more tech features though

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
uh, does DJ Chill rap?
Uh, yeah he does. He was featured on Kaliko's album on the song "Da Bizness" with E-40. Learn more about it from the actual song.

i kinda wish there was more tech features though
Honestly, fuck another Tech feature. This is Kutt's album, and I'm glad Tech isn't all over it. He gave all of us 32 tracks filled with his voice a little over three months ago.

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
That's what I'm saying. If someone pick's up a Kutt album...it's because they want to hear Kutt. Should have taken that approach with Krizz.

Mar 12, 2006
That's what I'm saying. If someone pick's up a Kutt album...it's because they want to hear Kutt. Should have taken that approach with Krizz.
I understand what you are saying but they all make such good fucking music together thats it like.. why not

Aug 27, 2007
Uh, yeah he does. He was featured on Kaliko's album on the song "Da Bizness" with E-40. Learn more about it from the actual song.
learn more about what?...dj chill?...meh, im good on that

, fuck another Tech feature. This is Kutt's album, and I'm glad Tech isn't all over it. He gave all of us 32 tracks filled with his voice a little over three months ago.
...psh, whatever man.im gonna buy this cd for kutt (obviously:ermm:) but that doesnt mean it would be a bad thing to have another tech feature or two...tech always delivers on his features, and it would make up for the mediocre guests that are all over the record instead of tech...such a small/reasonable statement but u gotta pick it apart.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Do you know a whole lot about Kansas City artists? Because those features are huge steps up. They're not just some no-names he picked up for the cd. The fact that I've been sitting on B.L.E.V.E. as his last real album, and Flamez being good for what it was, I'm extremely pleased not to have too much of Strange Music on it, and more of the guys from his city that deliver hard tracks.

If you think that E-Skool, Paul Mussan, Young Greed, etc. are mediocre, then you and I will never come to terms.

Kutt wouldn't branch out by playing it safe with having Tech featured on half the album, like B.L.E.V.E. Tech was the selling point for that album. He's an established artist NOW, and his choice to utilize his city shows maturity.

Aug 27, 2007
Do you know a whole lot about Kansas City artists? Because those features are huge steps up. They're not just some no-names he picked up for the cd. The fact that I've been sitting on B.L.E.V.E. as his last real album, and Flamez being good for what it was, I'm extremely pleased not to have too much of Strange Music on it, and more of the guys from his city that deliver hard tracks.

If you think that E-Skool, Paul Mussan, Young Greed, etc. are mediocre, then you and I will never come to terms.

Kutt wouldn't branch out by playing it safe with having Tech featured on half the album, like B.L.E.V.E. Tech was the selling point for that album. He's an established artist NOW, and his choice to utilize his city shows maturity.
ive only listened through the album once and was kinda referring more to skatterman and snugbrim (...unless im buggin, i thought i def. heard them on there as well) greed is nice, but i honestly dont know much about those other artists...all i was sayin was that i woulda loved to hear another track with tech cuz there always solid...tech delivers 100% so that shit is exciting man, i never said i wish tech would be on half the album to carry kutt (...he was only on 3 tracks on B.L.E.V.E. and 2 on "Flamez", its not like he was over featured on those either)

though i wish i could agree, i wouldent call kutt an "established artist"...the majority of his fanbase (outside of KC) are tech n9ne fans still.i also wouldent assume that he only had 1 tech feature by choice...i HIGHLY doubt kutt was turning tech away/asking him not to be on any more tracks.

i respect your opinion though homie, i can see where your comin from.

is that dj chill on "wipe that sweat" verse 2 and the end of "the bidness"?i always jus assumed it was kaliko fuckin wit his voice a bit

Jul 1, 2004
This album is killin em. I think if promoted and done right this could do Kutt alot of good. I LOVED NOT SEEIN TECH ALL OVER IT. Ata boy Kutty, gettin them KC cats on this project!!!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Tech was on 6 tracks from B.L.E.V.E.
Kaliko was on 5.

Kutt is an established artist within the Strange Music brand. The fans know he can hold his weight, and from my standpoint it would have been a set back having Tech on a number of features. They work well together, but it's a better look on his part from outsider's that vaguely know of their relationship.

As much as I dig Tech, I would have found it problematic to have heard him countless times on the cd. It's good that they are expanding.

What baffles me is there are either too many features or not enough features in the diehard's eyes, but in all cases Tech must be on the cd over and over again or else it's almost not worth buying. Eventually his fans will catch on to the fact that he can't piggyback his label for the rest of its existence. It's going to take cd's like Feature Presentation that shed light on the area to make that thought possible.

Jul 1, 2004
I do like when tech and kutt are on a track together. It seems like Kutt brings the better/ gangsta outta tech. I like him better like that. But i really did enjoy hearin different artists other than the same ol same ol

Aug 27, 2007
uuhh...did i miss something?what 3 tracks is tech in on B.L.E.V.E. besides "keep it keeblur" "goldburg" and "real sex"...

L.D.S., i dunno why you keep overanalyzing/misinterpreting what i said...ALL i said was that i would have liked to have heard another tech feature, because he is one of my favorite musicians and compliments kutt well...when did anyone say "tech must be on the cd over and over or its almost not worth buying"?...ive stated multiple times that i enjoy kutt's music and will be buying this cd on tuesday (with or w/o tech's involvement)

anyway, "my freaky" is such an unnecessary/immature waste of a track...imo, that shit threw off the flow of the cd...sounds like a scrap of "the sextion" or some bullshit

Apr 13, 2007
though i wish i could agree, i wouldent call kutt an "established artist"...the majority of his fanbase (outside of KC) are tech n9ne fans still.i also wouldent assume that he only had 1 tech feature by choice...i HIGHLY doubt kutt was turning tech away/asking him not to be on any more tracks.

That sounds right to me, I wouldn't be surprised if he did ask Tech to back off a little bit, I love Tech, but lately he's had his fingers in a little too much. Like when you search for Krizz's album on iTunes you have to search for TECH N9NE PRESENTS Krizz Kaliko, and if you go to Best Buy, Krizz doesn't even have his own section, he's under Tech N9ne! So I could definitely see Kutt not wanting that to happen to his album

Jul 1, 2004
Yea but wouldnt it be better for YOU as an artist to sell your own units, instead of having Tech N9ne Presents... Ya know like actually get your name out there instead of always bein known as the guys with Tech N9ne.