KUTT "FEATURE PRESENTATION" DISCUSSION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2005
For me.....

Word on tha Streets> Killer> Feature Presentation> Vitiligo (Haven't heard the other two. If Killer had less "skippable" tracks, it would be my top choice.)
Wow.. thats the first time ive heard someone say WOTS is better than Killer..

I couldnt disagree more.. on your list I would have put WOTS at the end.. for me its..

Killer > Feature Presentation > Vitiligo > WOTS

I just dont feel that S&S are very good as a group. Mainly stemming from my hatred for snug verses... Killer, FP, and Vitiligo have just as many good beats as WOTS but the lyrical content in even Vitiligo is twice as good. Killer, lyrically is fucking 10x better.. I dunno.. I still think Skatter > S&S > snug

Sep 11, 2002
"777-9311" is the second track and lead single off The Time's second album, What Time Is It?. Recorded for the album at Prince's home studio in May/June 1982, the song was produced, arranged, composed and performed by Prince with Morris Day later adding his lead vocals.

The funky song opens with a drum machine beat, adds guitar, live playing on the cymbals and finally the bass and keyboards. A similar extended version of this occurs after the main lyrics, but starts with the bass and also includes a lengthy rock guitar solo. The bass is truly the "star" of this song, and Prince has remarked that this is one of his signature basslines, remarking no one can play the line like himself. He also said the same about the bassline of "Let's Work". Despite the song being performed nearly entirely by Prince, Morris calls out "Terry" before the bass solo.

The U.S. 7" single was backed with a non-album track, "Grace", which is a mock-interview between a cocky Morris Day and an interviewer named Bridgette, who Morris keeps referring to as "Grace". Bridgette is played by Vanity. The 12" single was backed with "The Walk", where Morris also banters with Vanity and calls her "Grace", though it's not known if it is meant to be the reporter once again.

"777-9311" became the band's biggest single to date, reaching number two on the R&B charts and number eighty-eight on the pop charts. It is one of The Time's signature numbers and is played at nearly all of their concerts. A live version of the song recorded in concert, 1998 segues from "Get It Up" and was included on Morris Day's 2004 album, It's About Time.

Jan 8, 2006
good lookin on that 7779311! that shit was irritating me whenver i heard the intro. now i finally understand!

btw i did a forum search.. but found nothing. i thought it was a strange music "inside joke". therefore never thought to google it. thanks yall!!!

Sep 17, 2003
Ya S&S would be wayyy doper if it wasn't S&S.

Skatterman all day

I have to agree with ya here! I personally can't stand his voice, and thought it was glaringly awful on their first album. Not saying Skatter is way better than Snug, but Skatter sounds better, and lyrically, he brings much more to the table. On this album, I was able to tolerate it because it wasn't as pronounced. I hate saying that, because it makes me sound douche-baggish to be hating on someone for something they can't help, like their own voice.

Oh, and for the guy who said that I was the first one who said Word On Tha Streets was better than Killer..... for one, go back and read my explanation. (In fact, I do believe Killer is probably better than the rest, but there was too much "filler" in Killer for me to rank it the best.) And two, I'm not the only person that feels this way (i.e., r.miller). :cool:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Yo dog, I'm so fire I must be da man
I bust nuts on my women that blow like a fan
who wants shorites, when you can get a tall can
I'm headed to the beach to soak up a tan
Who tried to kill Barack? man, it was the clan
the last dope song I had, it's past tense is "ran"

LOOK! I made a SCATTERRHYME!

Oct 25, 2006