Killer drops 22 spots on Billboard 200

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2006

For it's second week, falling from 12 to 34.

According to HitsDailyDouble it sold 12,908 this week, a 60% drop from it's debut and would put it's total a little above 48 thousand copies sold, or 96 thousand in RIAA certification numbers.

Could have been much worse and this weeks position is still obviously higher than any other of his previous albums.

Oct 25, 2006
That's what happens when you don't have a video or promotion to keep gaining new fans. Killer's sales are gonna slowly drop till it'll be selling about maybe 100 a week unless a video or promotion is out. Tech's never gonna get far in "global domination" with Trav on at Strange. Not a diss to Trav or anything, but Tech has gotten more attention than any other artist, and based off of Tech's lack of video and promotion, that's not much. Give all of the artists equal attention and chance and Strange could be a powerhouse of a label instead of being just the best Independent label. Even if you are the most successful Independent label out, it's still just an Independent label, and it's evident from Tech's sales dropping that the job isn't being done right. Trav and Tech are always talking about making "mainstream go Tech", well shit, make it happen. If you've got money to buy a Maybach, you've got enough money to produce a DECENT video. I guess we'll see about that when the first video comes out.

Jun 20, 2006
^^^^dude quit acting like you could do shit better than travis....tech will do fine...and if you paid attention you would know tech got like 3 or 4 videos coming out...tech is getting noticed and i would rather have it this way then him to hit mainstream and turn in to a LiL wayne and have to wait forever for an album by the shit getting pushed back...shit..im a lil drunk so i hope that shit make sense...

Mar 12, 2006
i kinda agree with both your posts..

i dont know, i just hate hearing "this is THE album, this is the one thats gonna push tech into the hands of every teen, granny an baby"

if tech had one dope video on mtv, it would spread like a forest fire..

word of mouth and touring has done wonders for his career but ...well, you know

Oct 25, 2006
^^^^dude quit acting like you could do shit better than travis....tech will do fine...and if you paid attention you would know tech got like 3 or 4 videos coming out...tech is getting noticed and i would rather have it this way then him to hit mainstream and turn in to a LiL wayne and have to wait forever for an album by the shit getting pushed back...shit..im a lil drunk so i hope that shit make sense...
That must be the reason you didn't read my whole post. I believe I said something along the lines of "we'll see about the video in the coming future". I know a video is on the way, but that also needs to be of good quality and good play numbers. Bout Ta Bubble was a perfect example of a fucked up way to go. In-house video production and very little television play. Seeing as how there's not even a video out before the album is already going backwards from what you're supposed to learn from that situation. I never said I could do better, but there are other people out there that can do better than Trav, and I know that for a fact. If you believe that Tech will hit mainstream and "turn in to a LiL wayne" then you must obviously not believe in your artists. It's evident already that Tech isn't gonna kiss ass to go mainstream, if he wanted to he would have a decade ago. If he refuses to pay for play then what makes you think that he's gonna go "mainstream"?

Tech has the potential, talent, and skill to turn this motherfucker around, but that stubbornness is his downfall. He says that he wants to surpass other artists on the Billboard charts and the rap charts and all of that, but he never has the support to make it happen. If you want shit like that then you're gonna have to AT LEAST have promotion. There isn't much time left for Tech in terms of rapping, he's getting tired of making great records and only a handful of people getting it, yet he doesn't do all he can to get it known. It all goes in a circle, he has to understand that nothing in the world is free. There's a toll for everything, and the things he's asking are the most costly. Saying fuck MTV and having the F.T.I. attitude isn't gonna get him any closer to what he's trying to achieve without money.They have the money to do it, yet they're stubborn and choose not to spend it on what they want to achieve. A little investment in some promotion and a (and I'll say it again) DECENT video can get them so much more money that they can spend promoting other artists on the label hence getting them more money. Nobody's asking Strange to kiss ass. It's only kissing ass if you compromise quality for exposure. Just like the money that they spend on recording equipment, production, everything, it's gonna cost to get exposure (or at least the exposure that they're expecting). A lack of video before the album release is understandable, but not even shipping promotion material is just lazy. If this is gonna be the album that's gonna push Tech out there, then pull out all the stops and do what needs to be done.

I'm in full support of Tech and Strange 100%. I'm only giving my two cents. You don't have to believe or agree with everything I just said.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
down to number 3 on the independent charts...behind Motley Crue and Journey.

still pretty impressive, considering those are groups that have been around for decades and while likely have a steady stream of sales about 10k for a while. whereas Tech fans dash to the stores the first week it's released, those groups are more likely to have buyers who stumble across their records and say "oh, didn't know they had a new album, I'll getthis"

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu

still pretty impressive, considering those are groups that have been around for decades and while likely have a steady stream of sales about 10k for a while. whereas Tech fans dash to the stores the first week it's released, those groups are more likely to have buyers who stumble across their records and say "oh, didn't know they had a new album, I'll getthis"

Aug 31, 2005
with the strong debut he just had it could possibly make Universal open their eyes and see they have something with Tech and move him to the main UMG label and throw a fuckton of money behind him on his next release

not saying that it will but its always a possibility

Aug 31, 2005
with the strong debut he just had it could possibly make Universal open their eyes and see they have something with Tech and move him to the main UMG label and throw a fuckton of money behind him on his next release

not saying that it will but its always a possibility

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu