kanye-----CLASSIC?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
geocities.com
Kanye does fuck with Common, he's on College Dropout. And did you see Chapelle Show last night, that performance was blazin. But for real, like I said before, Kanye doesn't spit mind-blowing lyrics, but he's got flows and a nice style.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I WOULDN'T CALL IT A CLASSIC. I THINK 4.5 IS RIGHT ON. THE ALBUM HAD ONE TOO MANY SKITS. IT SHOULD HAVE HAD AT LEAST 2 MORE SONGS ON THERE AQND CUT A FEW LIKE THE WORK OUT. HE'S COMFORTABLE IN HIS FLOW LEVEL SO HE WAS ABLE TO SOUND REAL POLISHED AND THAT'S A PLUS. HIS SUBJECT MATTER SEEMED VERY SIMILAR ON MOST SONGS BUT REAL SINCERE. I DUG IT ALOT.

OH GRIFF... I FINALLY HEARD CAP ONE'S ALBUM. IT'S PRETTY TIGHT. DUDE IS A ILL LYRICIST IN MY OPINION. HAD GOOD PRODUCTION ON MOST SONGS... 4 OUT OF 5 FOR SURE...

May 21, 2002
fuck me have u people got ears??

or is the world populated by soft ass motherfuckers

This album is utter fuckin toss, these fuckin beets were old and played out before he made them with his gay 70's sampling breakbeats

This is not inventive production - it is fuckin lazy

The guy cant rap for shit, his lyrics and flow are lacklustre, sloppy and damn right boring

Feb 8, 2003
WAYYYYYYY FARRRRR FROM A CLASSIC!

I really dislike this album and so do most of my crew. Kayne is way over rated IMO this shit is a big skit except the cut with Taleb and Common. It kills me how niggas like Kanye gets all this credit but when real tight hungry lyricst like Yukmouth, Camron, D Block, Canibus, Common, Taleb Kweli, Obie Trice, Memphis Bleek, Juelz Santanna, Soulja Slim, T.I. drop they albums they don't get the recognition that is really due to them.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^

dont get me wrong, ive BEEN slumpin that m bleek album while alot of folks were knockin it on this site, that fool m bleezy been having fire......ive also knocked most of the albums you listed.......i just dont see how folks aint feelin kanyes album......i mean some of the beats are so clean and smooth, its ridiculous.........but to each they own.....all im knowin is kanyes album sold a shit load, as well as him slangin his beats to everyone and they momma, so im sure that fool gives a fuck if anyone on this site feelin him or not

tyson

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2003
I aint a fan of weak can play the whole cd on the radio, even though its the explicit version, albums. I dont see why everyone thinks its bangin.whut happened ta the gangsta rap fans

OK. First...I'm not white. Second...dam, KLEEN...u put me up on some shit, Imma have to roll through Sangamon and Peoria Street and grab a quik copy of Cap's joint. Niggaz dont fuck wit HollyHood niggaz too tuff round here. But I love lyrics, especially when they spttin bout some Chicago madness. Good lookin.

Third.....this thread is filled with Love and Hate...no in between. Man, everybody dont gotta be gangsta. If all music was gangsta music we'd be fucked. I love gangsta shit, but sometimes you need to knock other thangs. Kanye's shit is a classic in myeyes because he went against the grain, did what he does and still put together a TIGHT product. That shit dont even sound like a RocAFella album, man. The feeling of the LP is bringing fun back 2 hip-hop while everybody talkin about how hard they are. Even the workout jam shit works for what it is. FUN! How many albums are actually fun today? NONE. And on top ofthat the beats bang. ALL of the production is not sped-up samples, so fuk what u heard. Shit is quality. How many niggaz got Jay-Z, Common,Mos,Talib and Twista on the same album? And that "All Falls Down" shit is like a true story from a diary or somethin. HOW CAN U NOT FEEL THE STRUGGLE??? "Single black female...addicted to retail" Man. The haters here are on supercrack, nigga. Good music is good music...bottom line. And as far as Gangsta shit...why would he do a gangsta album? He produced Gangsta hits for Beani Sigel, Scarface....shit the list is insane. Do your fukkin homework, joe.

http://www.cdbaby.com/griffenmusic

http://www.Tha-Go-Illa.com

[email protected]

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
I LOVE THAT THE CAT STRAYED AWAY FROM THE NORM, WE BOTH AGREE ON THAT... HE SHOWED ME MORE THAN I EXPECTED FROM HIM AS A LYRICIST.

ABOUT CAP... HIS LACK OF HUMILITY MIGHT BE WHY HIS PROJECT IS NOT TAKING OFF, BUT HE CLEARLY IS A SKILLED ARTIST... I WASN'T MAD AT THE PROJECT AT ALL.

Apr 25, 2002
Griffen said:

Third.....this thread is filled with Love and Hate...no in between. Man, everybody dont gotta be gangsta. If all music was gangsta music we'd be fucked. I love gangsta shit, but sometimes you need to knock other thangs. Kanye's shit is a classic in myeyes because he went against the grain, did what he does and still put together a TIGHT product. That shit dont even sound like a RocAFella album, man. The feeling of the LP is bringing fun back 2 hip-hop while everybody talkin about how hard they are. Even the workout jam shit works for what it is. FUN! How many albums are actually fun today? NONE. And on top ofthat the beats bang. ALL of the production is not sped-up samples, so fuk what u heard. Shit is quality. How many niggaz got Jay-Z, Common,Mos,Talib and Twista on the same album? And that "All Falls Down" shit is like a true story from a diary or somethin. HOW CAN U NOT FEEL THE STRUGGLE??? "Single black female...addicted to retail" Man. The haters here are on supercrack, nigga. Good music is good music...bottom line. And as far as Gangsta shit...why would he do a gangsta album? He produced Gangsta hits for Beani Sigel, Scarface....shit the list is insane. Do your fukkin homework, joe.

damn man, this has got to be one of the best posts ive seen on here in a while.........thank you for filling this thread up with intelligence....

@tyson - its okay buddy....youll grow up one day and realize that while you were only listening to "gangsta rap" u missed out on a lot of quality music

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I havent gotten it cuz Im savin my money for some Bay shit, but all my homies do, and Ive listened to it a few times. I agree with the 4.5, a dope album, but no ones gonna be saying its a classic in 5 years... I love that spaceship song, how he talks about beating the shit out of his boss at the gap