JT THE JEWELER GOT LOCKED UP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
This is some serious bullshit right here. One of two things is about to happen... JT is about to get royally fucked by the Police Department, or JT is about to get paid the fuck out by the Police Department. I think all the evidence points to JT getting paid out... but you never know how scandalous all of the people can be. He's in my prayers, legit. He's been nothing but cool with me since I met him and I'm proud to call him a friend. The police are fucking dirty.

May 9, 2002
Undercover cops may have broken rules on pursuit
Unmarked cars generally barred from giving chase
By LEVI PULKKINEN
P-I REPORTER

Undercover detectives may have violated Police Department rules when they drove through Seattle streets after a driver who they say pointed a gun at their unmarked SUV.

Details of the June 21 incident -- which police say started as a shouting match after Jesse James Toro II cut off three undercover officers in traffic -- remain in dispute as Toro's attorney and the King County prosecutors prepare for the trial of the 28-year-old jeweler on second-degree assault charges.

But if the attorney is right that officers chased Toro at speeds of more than 100 miles an hour, then they broke departmental rules. The Police Department forbids unmarked cars without emergency lights, such as the one the detectives were driving, to take part in a chase.

The department's pursuit policy states that "unmarked cars shall not participate in pursuits," although it makes an exception for officers in cars equipped with emergency lights and sirens.

Former Bellevue police Chief D.P. Van Blaricom, a 30-year veteran of that department, said there's a good reason for the prohibition.

"The problem of chasing somebody in an unmarked car is that they don't know who the hell is chasing them," said Van Blaricom, who frequently testifies as an expert witness in civil cases involving police conduct.

Prosecutors say Toro shot the tires out of the officers' SUV after leading them five miles from Denny Way and Terry Avenue North to the Green Lake neighborhood.

In statements filed with the court, the detective driving the SUV -- one of three vice squad officers riding in the car -- said Toro pointed a gun at him after a heated exchange of words. The detective fired at Toro, who was alone behind the wheel of a Cadillac STS.

The officer told investigators he fired only one shot at Toro, but Toro's attorney Kimberly Gordon says her client's Cadillac has two bullet holes in it.

Toro drove away after being fired upon, followed by the vice officers. Officers investigating the incident acknowledge that Toro did not know it was police officers who were after him.

In a statement filed in King County Superior Court, Gordon said she's taken a written statement from a driver who reported seeing the vice officers following Toro "incredibly close." The two cars were so close they "went by as one," Gordon said the witness told her.

Gordon said police investigators declined to interview the man after he came forward.

"This witness approached the defense after twice contacting law enforcement about what he saw," Gordon said in a statement to the court.

Seattle police didn't respond to requests this week to comment on the incident. Previously, police spokesmen had said the incident was not a pursuit, but acknowledged that the officers followed Toro.

Detective Nathan Janes, the Seattle detective leading the investigation, characterized the incident as a chase in a court document used against Toro.

Janes went on to say that, while officers chased the Cadillac to the Green Lake neighborhood after calling for backup, they broke off the pursuit when Toro pulled onto a side street.

The detective "slowed down after pulling onto the side streets due to the inherent increased dangers to themselves and innocent civilians," Janes wrote in his report.

Still, the officers followed Toro a few more blocks, onto Ashworth Avenue North. There, prosecutors say, Toro fired three shots at the SUV, disabling it.

Van Blaricom, who served as chief for 11 years in Bellevue, said that pursuit policies across the state bar officers in unmarked vehicles from chasing suspects. Without lights and siren, officers also can't warn other drivers or pedestrians that they're coming.

According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration statistics, about one in four police chases ends in injury. Two out of five end in property damage.

Toro, who turned himself in to authorities the day after the shootings, was freed on $30,000 bail Tuesday.

If convicted, he faces three to four years in prison.

The Police Department's Firearms Review Board will review the officers' conduct in the case.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
A1Yola06 said:
best of luck JT... Seattle police are fuckign disgusting
I second that! I've had my own encounters with different law enforcement agencies in the past. My family, friends and people have been putting up with these scumbag police officers for many years now. Whether it's City, County, Correction Officers or even the fuckin' FBI, CIA or DEA. All these agencies have punk ass bitches working for them. They will keep getting away with everything on up to murder and I don't see it changing. You can take it back to the 90's with the LA Riots/Rodney King, to the 70's when they locked up Leonard Peltier, to the 60's during the Watts riots, etc..... To much bullshit to name, but I think we all get the point. This will keep on happening as long as they're protected by these right wing conservative redneck mentality assholes. These conservatives put on the image that the cops are so noble and can't do anything wrong. Anyone who has had conflicts with the police know what kind of mentality they have. The scumbag Portland Police seem to get away with murder every couple years here in Portland! Reading this shit strikes a nerve with me and It's hard not to express my opinion. All I can say is my prayers go out to this man and his family........

Jan 30, 2005
www.myspace.com
police are corrupt no matter where you are, city/state/country its the way its always been. power breeds corruption, always. all a mufucka can do is get your paper up so when your time comes you can afford your own corrupt lawyer.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Jazzo said:
This will keep on happening as long as they're protected by these right wing conservative redneck mentality assholes. These conservatives put on the image that the cops are so noble and can't do anything wrong. Anyone who has had conflicts with the police know what kind of mentality they have.
Yah had me till about there/\.Poor,rich,big,tall,left,right,and white....it don't matter.There's just alot of bouncers with badges who are on a power trip,because outside of "saving the world"....the next reason people become cops is to feel powerful.I'm not a cop hater by any means,cuz there's some great ones....but there's also a large number of egotistic ones.It has nothing to do with who you vote for.

May 20, 2002
BAMMER said:
I'm not a cop hater by any means,cuz there's some great ones....but there's also a large number of egotistic ones.It has nothing to do with who you vote for.
(OFF TOPIC)
i met a cool cop once. i was at the beach in my car in the winter like 7 pm so its dark and nobody there right, and 50 roll up on me and my girl ask for my liscence and all that. and asks me what im doing there im like, im talking with my girl cuz a fight w/ my parents i had to get away, its right up there two blocks from the beach in the rich neighborhood ok? is the park closed or sumthin its only 7? hes like hey man why you gotta say rich neighborhood? im like my bad but you know police seem to pick on the poor, (which is what i look like cuz of my skin color). and he says, NOT ALL COPS ARE ASSHOLES MAN, have a good night. i felt like talking to the fool to see what his view on his coworkers are.

(ON TOPIC)
im glad that the media is finally showing the seattle public that the spd is pretty dirty to the poor, ethnics of any class, etc. ive come across several lengthy articles where they have talked about it lately. like planting crack on a fool in a wheel chair in downtown and it gave out officer names that were dirty and still on the force. but this one sounds pretty fucked up. im interested in the result. GL jewelry guy