HUDSON TRADED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
the a's traded hudson to atl for pitchers dave meyer and juan cruz as well as outfielder charles thomas....you saw this coming but youd think they would have delt mulder(back problems) or zito(lno one is afraid of him anymore) instead of the best pitcher on the staff

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
the thing is, Hudson is going to be replaced by Harden, hes cheaper and younger, and has many years ahead of him...thats just the the way the A's and Billy Beane are. i've barely heard of any of those players though.

May 15, 2002
Juan Cruz?

superb - live arm but no control and no idea how to pitch

i think the dodger deal would have been better but ill never question "Moneyball" Beane

Apr 25, 2002
They got a 2B from the Brewers the other day. (Ginter? Gitner? Something like that.)

They let Hudson go probably because there's no way in hell they'll be able to afford him after this season. Better to get these guys than nobody (i.e. Tejada.)

I would have liked to see him go to the Dodgers though, just so he goes to a rival of the Giants. :)

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
damn the braves always coming up on pitchers, hudson teamed up w my man leo?!?!?!?!!!! shit thats a cy young year in the making.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
They got a 2B from the Brewers the other day. (Ginter? Gitner? Something like that.)

They let Hudson go probably because there's no way in hell they'll be able to afford him after this season. Better to get these guys than nobody (i.e. Tejada.)

I would have liked to see him go to the Dodgers though, just so he goes to a rival of the Giants. :)
Too bad :cry: ...the nl west is a lock...Giants in '05...all they need is another solid bat in the lineup.

May 8, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Too bad :cry: ...the nl west is a lock...Giants in '05...all they need is another solid bat in the lineup.
you cant even give an honest opinion on sports (GIANTS). LOL

so far to me, IN MY OPINION, San Diego has the Best team in the NL West. burroughs, greene, peavy, lots of young talent, proven vets like nevin.

the Dodgers have gone backwards losing Finley and Beltre, but they gained Kent

and

the giants have done backwards with Vizquel who will produce about half of what cruz did offensively but defensively will be an improvment. and still no starting pitching and bulllpen, bonds is older and under steroid scrutiny so dont be surprised if he loses weight and his nubers slide this year (lol). grissom is older. snow is older. young pitchers like foppart and williams are going to have to step it up which they arent capable of YET.

Az has gained some players but are far from good and the same goes with the Rockies.

rightt now i got it in this order

1. SD
2. SF
3. LA
4. AZ
5. COL

although the Dodgers would take the 2nd spot if they get Clement and/or Lowe or another good starting pitcher

Apr 25, 2002
The Giants need to do more before I'd even think of considering them a lock.

By the way, is it true that they're the oldest team in the majors.

May 8, 2002
they have bonds 40, grisson at 37 in the OF STARTERS

Snow and vizquel at 36 and 37 in the INF STARTERS durham is 33. even the young guys/proprects ransom and feliz are 28 and 29

the only thing they are young in SF is pitchers but they arent everyday players

Feb 12, 2004
If you think all of the SF's starters are weak your on crack. Jerome, Foppert and Lowry are all up and coming studs. Lowry went 6-0 last year. The Giants needed to improve their defense and they did. They got a lights out closer too. Don't forget they were #2 last year in runs scored behind St. Louis. They also have more to spend and they are still looking to get a CF/arm for the bullpen.

May 14, 2002
DubbC415 said:
and at least it wasnt to the dodgers.

also, why didnt they try to get a second baseman?
like homeboy said they got ginter but im wondering where the fuck did giles go he was supposed to be in this deal but i guess they wanted 2 pitchers and also the outfielder is just incase swisher dont pan out to replace jd

May 9, 2002
the braves said no to dealing away giles b/c he is "too good" to let go

hopefully cruz will keep his shit together and be a stud for us...also, this charles thomas kid is supposed to be the real deal..but we shall see

i'm pissed we lost huddy....i really really thought that zito would be the one to go...but as pissed as i am..i have to put my trust in beane....

also..shut up about the fuckin giants in this thread will ya???

May 14, 2002
SnikoDawg said:
the braves said no to dealing away giles b/c he is "too good" to let go

hopefully cruz will keep his shit together and be a stud for us...also, this charles thomas kid is supposed to be the real deal..but we shall see

i'm pissed we lost huddy....i really really thought that zito would be the one to go...but as pissed as i am..i have to put my trust in beane....

also..shut up about the fuckin giants in this thread will ya???

i feel ya on the beane thing when i worked at this gym earlier in the year his wife was a yoga instructor(side note billy must have fun everynight) i would always bitch about the trades and deals no matter how crazy they were and she would always say "have billy's deals ever been wrong" i stopped after that

Jun 18, 2004
Mcleanhatch said:
you cant even give an honest opinion on sports (GIANTS). LOL
OK...Let's see where you go with this...
so far to me, IN MY OPINION, San Diego has the Best team in the NL West. burroughs, greene, peavy, lots of young talent, proven vets like nevin.
Yeah, they'll be contenders in '05, I'll give you that.

the Dodgers have gone backwards losing Finley and Beltre, but they gained Kent
Dodgers suck...they are done.

the giants have done backwards with Vizquel who will produce about half of what cruz did offensively but defensively will be an improvment. and still no starting pitching and bulllpen, bonds is older and under steroid scrutiny so dont be surprised if he loses weight and his nubers slide this year (lol). grissom is older. snow is older. young pitchers like foppart and williams are going to have to step it up which they arent capable of YET.
This may be the stupidest thing you have ever stated, sportswise...Visquel over Cruz any day of the millenium...No starting pitching and bullpen? You are a j-cat...Benitez will shore up our pen...no more closer by comittee...our pen is strong if the pitchers can pitch in their natural roles without having to worry about possibly having to pick up the save...Schmidt, Williams, Foppert, Tomko, Reuter, Hennessey, oh and by the way Noah fucking Lowery...not to mention the two stud farmhands we got waiting in the wings, starting pitching will be strong...Bonds falling off this year? OK...you can bet on that if you want...LMFAO!
Next year will look like this
NL West
1. Giants

May 8, 2002
BROWN GUERRERO said:
If you think all of the SF's starters are weak your on crack. Jerome, Foppert and Lowry are all up and coming studs. .
i could have swore on my other post i said

mcleanhatch said:
young pitchers like foppart and williams are going to have to step it up which they arent capable of YET.
i know they are good and in a couple to a few years they should be really good. probly #2 type starters, especially williams. foppert is still an unknown. lowry still needs to prove himself. you cant expect to go the the series with rookies/young pitchers that are that inexperienced.

BROWN GUERRERO said:
They got a lights out closer too.
i think that is a bit of an exaggeration dont you! i mean yes benitez had a great year his ERA was 1.29 which was great. but that number could also have meant that he caught some breaks. when you look for a "lights out closer " as you put it you have to look at his ERA and also his K/IP. benitez has less K's than IP. which mean alote of people MAKE CONTACT on him. the only other pitcher here with more IP than K's is Rivera but no1 will ever question his dominance

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6342
Benitez--ERA 1.29, IP 69.2, K's 62, BB 21, Saves 47, HR 6
Rivera---ERA 1.94, IP 78.2, K's 66, BB 20, Saves 53, HR 3
Gagne---ERA 2.19, IP 82.0, K's 114, BB 22, Saves 45, HR 5
K-Rod---ERA 1.82, IP 84.0, K's 123, BB 33, Saves 12, HR 2
Smoltz---ERA 2.76, IP 81.2, K's 85, BB 13, Saves 44, HR 8

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6342
Benitez--24 blown saves in 2002, 2003 and 2004 combined
Rivera---14 blown saves in 2002, 2003 and 2004 combined
Gagne----6 blown saves in 2002, 2003 and 2004 combined
Smoltz---13 blown saves in 2002, 2003 and 2004 combine
K-Rod---11 blown saves in 2002, 2003 and 2004 combined