HIP HOP ISNT DEAD YET! BUT IF THINGS IN THE RETAIL GAME DOESNT CHANGE IT WILL BE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2006
ASK SUM STORE OWNERS , MOST WILL TELL YOU THAT THIER CUSTOMERS ARE GETTIN TIRED OF MIXTAPES, BECAUSE THEY BASICALLY ALL HAVE THE SAME SHIT....

THE GAME IS GONNA FLIP BACK AROUND.
AND MIXTAPES WILL SOON BE OBSELETE.
ALBUM SALES WILL COME BACK UP. AND AS TERRIBLE AS IT SOUNDS. THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS GONNA SAVE HIP-HOP . LMAO
BY STOPPING ALL ILLEAGAL MANUFATURING AND SELLING OF COPYWRITTEN MATERIAL WITOUT THE ARTIST CONSENT.

WHICH INTERN WILL BRING REAL RECORD SALES FOR THE ARTIST BAK UP.

IT USED TO BE THAT WEN YOU GO TO THE RECORD STORE YOU WERE FINNA BUY AND ALBUM OR A COMPALATION.
AND THE ARTIST AND.OR LABEL IS GONNA GET PAYED AND SOUND SCANNED FOR THAT SALE

BUT NOWADAYS., HALF THE SALES AND THE MONEY BEING MADE IS SPLIT WIT THE MIXTAPE DJ'S CAUSE THEY GETTIN HALF THE SALES THE ARTIST WOULD HAVE GOTTEN. ROYALTIES FREE.

SO NO MORE MIXTAPES, MEANS MORE ALBUM SALES.

NOW ALL WE NEED TO DO IS SMASH ON THE RADIO CATS THAT ARE PLAYNG THIS WATERED DOWN CRAP.
AND THE SAME 15 SONGS OVER AND OVER AND OVER,
AND GET THEM RADIO DJ TO START BREAKIN HOTT NEW RECORDS.

I MEAN THE SHIT GOTTA BE HOTT. BUT FUK POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GAME IS FINNA CHANGE. BELIEVE THAT

May 10, 2002
As long as you can get music for free, it's going to get worse.

I don't know that there's an argument that can combat that ^^^

You can't catch everybody

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
blueray is a cd player but when you buy a cd, the blueray cd encodes to the player. so a cd will only play on one unit. therefore if you cant copy and burn cd's. even if you want to listen in the car, you gotta cop one for the crib and one for the car. blueray players are like $1000 now, but once the prices go down things will change.

sony developed the technology because they are on the electronic side and the music side of the biz. now they can put out artists that cant be bootlegged as bad as before. now the only way to bootleg will be through mp3

May 10, 2002
doodiejones said:
now the only way to bootleg will be through mp3
What a lot of people don't know is that (supposedly) mp4s are coming pretty soon and they're like 1/10 the file size of mp3s.

How that will impact the music business we'll soon find out...

May 10, 2002
rolando_mota said:
GOOD INFO,

@MRPEETE

TRUE BUT. IF THERES WASNT SO MUCH BOOTLEGGED SHIT ON THE SHELFS. ACTUAL SCANS WOULD INCREASE.
Bootlegs on the shelves have nothing to do with a 14 year-old who has no idea what a record store is. To this individual, getting free music online is all he/she knows.

Jun 12, 2006
YES BUT THEY SHUT DOWN NAPSTER,.

AND HOPEFULLY THEY SHUT DOWN KAZAA, AND LIMEWIRE OR WATEVER THE FUK ITS CALLED. LOL

AND WATCH SALES MAKE A HUGE JUMP.
FOR A WHILE ATLEAST , UNTIL THEY START A NEW BOOTLEGGIN SITE WIT MILLIONS OF HITS.

May 10, 2002
rolando_mota said:
YES BUT THEY SHUT DOWN NAPSTER,.

AND HOPEFULLY THEY SHUT DOWN KAZAA, AND LIMEWIRE OR WATEVER THE FUK ITS CALLED. LOL

AND WATCH SALES MAKE A HUGE JUMP.
FOR A WHILE ATLEAST , UNTIL THEY START A NEW BOOTLEGGIN SITE WIT MILLIONS OF HITS.
You've got to be young. It aint that easy pimp...

May 10, 2002
rolando_mota said:
ME BEING YOUNG OR OLD HAS NUTHIN TO DO WIT THIS,.
Your perspective is young and it's showing when you don't consider the various factors that impact your argument.

I'm not attacking you, so don't take it that way. You just have to understand it's not like you press one button and everything is the way it should be...

May 10, 2002
Home-E said:
lol....this thread is ridiculous...blu ray discs arent going to be used for music and mp4 files have been out for years!
Maybe they weren't call mp4s ... But I saw an episode of 60 Minutes where they had a segment on M.I.T. students and they were talking about a new process for developing mp3 type files at a 10th of file size or something...

Apr 27, 2005
they were called mp4s, it was the tech behind the AAC format. depending on what encoder you used the file extension would either be .mp4 or .aac. they are equivalent.