HELP! Living In Oregon Now....Moving To Washington!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Thread inside a Thread

If all you WA folks could live anywhere in WA where would you want to live?

Me:

Edmonds (Woodway)
Everett
West Seattle

Edit: Hopefully you got all your Wenatchee questions answered 187Proof, I'm not trying to steal your thunder just curious where's everyone favorite areas of the state are.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
If all you WA folks could live anywhere in WA where would you want to live?
1. Ballard/Fremont
2. Edmonds
3. North Seattle (the non-methed out part)

Ellensburg isn't bad, but the weather is super extreme, just like it is in Wenatchee. If you can handle way below freezing during the winter and temps above 100 in the summer then it's all good. Shit is pretty close together and as long as you ignore the dumb ass, drunk as fuck, college students then it's pretty cool. But I did live there for 5 years so I had to get use to it.

But like a Kryptic said, there's tons of outdoor shit to do. Even during the winter. And Leavenworth is actually pretty cool. I have a few friends that live there, and if you smoke weed, they do have good stuff there surprisingly. My homegirl was getting the kush plug for over a month.

It just depends on what you can handle and what you want to deal with. Eastern Washington for the most part has WAY cheaper housing than Western Washington. Maybe not Spokane so much but most of the other places.

@Inasense.....you know you love my opinions. lol.

Mar 31, 2006
Monroe's home, I stay in Marysville, but Chelan would be off the chain. Khevlar ain't ballin hard enough yet though. Maybe in the next five years.

Nov 30, 2002
@Inasense.....you know you love my opinions. lol.
haha ive been hearin your opinions for like 3-4 years now...lol aint nothin new...

as far as where i would live in washington?

i live in white center and i love it there...

west seattle would be my next spot
u-district (im young... massive parties there)
fremont is pretty coo.. little yuppy for me.. but got some nice spots fa sho

Apr 25, 2002
Any way you could supply to certain links that would show how I could live like a king with $800 a month rent?
Slight exageration, I guess I was referring mainly to the real estate side of things, b/c I know you can find a nice 800 a month place in Wenatchee. I am in Texas right now paying 500 a month and it's a nice place, a very nice place.

I know Texas is the South so it's a little different, but Dallas is a big city, so I figure a small town in WA would be on about the same level.

As for links, there are numerous cost of living calculators out there that could help you do some of the Portland to Wenatchee math.

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
Salem VS. Wenatchee.....
Salem has better people IMO...
Salem's weather is a lot milder...
Wenatchee will be about the same if not a little cheaper...
Salem has more good paying jobs....
Salem schools aren't as good (slightly)
I'd rather live in Salem honestly...I got family there too though!

Jul 8, 2003
Salem VS. Wenatchee.....
Salem has better people IMO...
Salem's weather is a lot milder...
Wenatchee will be about the same if not a little cheaper...
Salem has more good paying jobs....
Salem schools aren't as good (slightly)
I'd rather live in Salem honestly...I got family there too though!
Good shit fam! I gotta go meet all 3 owners of the company next week to decide if I really want the job or not. Turns out starting pay will be 55k a year salary + end of year bonus depending on my profits (usualy is going to be around a bonus of $10k take-home after taxes). Can't wait to see what's up!

Jul 8, 2003
Sounds like a good deal. They gonna help you get a place or help with moving costs at all?
I highly doubt it. Since I haven't been to Wenatchee before I think I'm going to tell them that they need to pay for me to go there for a week or two (stay in a nice hotel or somethin) and get me a rental (don't want to put all those miles on my own ride) just to see if it's really what I'm looking for before I get into the whole "moving" mode & all that, ya know?

Apr 14, 2003
Been to Wenatchee like twice....got some family over there but we don't really talk much...It was alright but I was only there for a weekend. Sorry I don't have much to say about it but I liked being in the middle of all those mountains

Jul 8, 2003
Been to Wenatchee like twice....got some family over there but we don't really talk much...It was alright but I was only there for a weekend. Sorry I don't have much to say about it but I liked being in the middle of all those mountains
All good fam. Thanks for offering me with the knowledge that you do have though.

Oct 6, 2007
YEA I LIVE IN WENATCHEE SINCE I MOVED THERE FROM EL MONTE, CA...I GREW UP IN THE SOUTH END...DNT EVER PARK YOUR CAR ON METHOW ST...OR NEWHERE NEAR THERE..THERES BEEN SOME GTAS AND CAR PROWLS ON THE RISE...AS FOR GANGS..AS LONG AS U DNT LOOK LIKE A GANGMEMBER OR WEAR TO MUCH RED..U AINT GOT NETHING TO WORRY ABOUT..