HELP! Living In Oregon Now....Moving To Washington!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 8, 2003
I live in Oregon right now but it looks like my job is going to have me running a store up in Wenatchee, WA. Can anyone tell me what Wenatchee's like? Good place to live? Even better, can anyone refer me to any sites, etc that show some good places for rent? Don't know what rental prices are like there, but trying to stay below $800 or $900 a month. Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks fam!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Man, Wenatchee is not the place to be, lol. I have some friends that grew up out there, and one or two that still live there.

It's not a "small" town, but it's not like Seattle. I'd say it's more like Olympia in size but with a lot more country folk mixed in with a good amount of gangs and "normal" people. My friend that I went to college with lived there and he said he got shot at at a basketball court and he assumed it was cause he was in all red. It's not some big gang land or anything but they are there.

There's the Apple Blossom shit that goes on there, it's a big festival/parade or some shit, I've never gone there though.

The winters will be COLD as fuck, I'm talking -15 degrees up to the 30's. Summers will be brutally hot, 80-115 degrees or so.

I lived in Ellensburg when I was in college which is about an hour and a half away (Ellensburg is closer to Seattle) and the winters were cold as fuck and the summers were hot as hell, literally.

Good place to live? I guess so, depending on what you do. If you're trying to make over 100K/year it's probably not the best place to go. If you're looking to sustain your lifestyle and be comfortable it's cool. Places shouldn't be that expensive.

Go to Google and type in Wenatchee apartment rentals. I bet the daily paper there has a web site with listings and I know there's some other sites out there, just don't know the names.

My friends that lived there didn't like it. They said most of the peopel they dealt with were stuck up and rude. I went there a few times with my boy and it was kind of odd how many people give you dirty looks based on what you look like.

So yeah, it's a "good" place to live, but I wouldn't tell someone to move there if they had a choice of another city.

Good luck!

Jul 8, 2003
Man, Wenatchee is not the place to be, lol. I have some friends that grew up out there, and one or two that still live there.

It's not a "small" town, but it's not like Seattle. I'd say it's more like Olympia in size but with a lot more country folk mixed in with a good amount of gangs and "normal" people. My friend that I went to college with lived there and he said he got shot at at a basketball court and he assumed it was cause he was in all red. It's not some big gang land or anything but they are there.

There's the Apple Blossom shit that goes on there, it's a big festival/parade or some shit, I've never gone there though.

The winters will be COLD as fuck, I'm talking -15 degrees up to the 30's. Summers will be brutally hot, 80-115 degrees or so.

I lived in Ellensburg when I was in college which is about an hour and a half away (Ellensburg is closer to Seattle) and the winters were cold as fuck and the summers were hot as hell, literally.

Good place to live? I guess so, depending on what you do. If you're trying to make over 100K/year it's probably not the best place to go. If you're looking to sustain your lifestyle and be comfortable it's cool. Places shouldn't be that expensive.

Go to Google and type in Wenatchee apartment rentals. I bet the daily paper there has a web site with listings and I know there's some other sites out there, just don't know the names.

My friends that lived there didn't like it. They said most of the peopel they dealt with were stuck up and rude. I went there a few times with my boy and it was kind of odd how many people give you dirty looks based on what you look like.

So yeah, it's a "good" place to live, but I wouldn't tell someone to move there if they had a choice of another city.

Good luck!
WOW! I really appreciate you taking the time to school me on as much as you could like you did! It's really helpful information! I'm at work right now so I'm just kinda going back and forth between here and google when I have the chance to, but when I was on google I really didn't come up with too much as far as renting houses, duplex, apartment, etc. I'll have to try and look a little deeper into it when I get home later tonight and can really look at it closely. I'll be making somewhere around 50k a year to start out so I'm happy with that for now. Gotta pay dues and keep on movin, ya know?

I especially appreciate the information with your's and your friend's personal experiences there. Each city really does have it's bad parts but I'm sure there's good spots to be as well (as far as living & not having to worry about your hosue getting broken into, car jacked, etc).

I would really appreciate anyone else that could help me with this matter as well! Any & all information is welcomed! Thanks fam!

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
My younger sister has lived right out of Wenatchee in Cashmere for the past several years. She recently visited and we decided to go to the mall. She gets there and is so amazed because she had never even heard of over half the stores in there, lmao. I asked her what they do for fun and she said that there ain't shit to do there but chill at your friends'.

Jul 8, 2003
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/hhh/
http://wenatcheeworld.com/

There's a few links to take a look at. It's an alright place to live. Real chill in a few places. If you have a family it's a great place to raise kids and do recreational stuff.
actually I already checked both of those links lol (but thanks for throwin them up there though!). I've never even dealt with Craigslist at all so I'm not sure how to tell if it's a scam or whatever. I e-mailed one person on there but haven't heard back yet, so we'll see. I do the house party thing over any club scenes, so I'll def like it being real chill & laid back. A great place to raise a family is a "plus" in my book. Thanks.

Jul 8, 2003
My younger sister has lived right out of Wenatchee in Cashmere for the past several years. She recently visited and we decided to go to the mall. She gets there and is so amazed because she had never even heard of over half the stores in there, lmao. I asked her what they do for fun and she said that there ain't shit to do there but chill at your friends'.
Yeah I figured it was something like that, but that's all good with me. Keep the insight comin everyone! I really aprpeciate everyone that's taken the time to respond so far. All positives, negatives, and anything in between about Wenatchee would be great to know!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
WOW! I really appreciate you taking the time to school me on as much as you could like you did!
No problem man.

And with the money you make you shouldn't have a problem finding a place. Even a one bedroom if you prefer that. I know I would rather live alone than with someone I don't know at all--especially from Craigslist. No offense to people who use it but that's the last fuckin place I'd go to find a roommate or place to live. Not sayin it doesn't work, that's just me. But I also heard on the radio that a couple let this cat live with them and they found him on Craigslist, and he was making pipe bombs and shit in their house and blew it up, and accidently killed himself. I'll stay clear of Craigslist after that shit!

As far as nice places versus bad places, I'm sure there's a good amount of both. You just have to find a place that you like.

But in all honesty, there really isn't much to do there. Like Tony said, kickin it at your friend's place is probably the "thing to do." I know they have clubs, but no offense, it's fuckin Wenatchee, the clubs there can't be that nice. I'm comparing them to Ellensburg--which has a high drunken student population....the clubs and bars there suck, and they are packed every night cause people wanna get shit faced.

All in all, it doesn't really matter where you live, as long as you like it and find things you like about it....and living in a "good" neighboorhood is always a plus I think.

I just Googled, "Wenatchee apartment rental," dunno if you did that, but here's the link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wenatchee+apartment+rental

By the way, if there's one thing I'm good at, it's giving my opinion. lol. :)

Jul 10, 2002
Chelan is supposed to be crackin' in the summer time. It's like wa. states own mini tahoe.

It's also a good ol' boys network out there from what I hear.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Apple Blossom is the shit. I haven't been in a few years but when I went it was a pretty good time, tons and tons of bitches. Be prepared to have shit go down though. Fights go on all night everywhere you look. There's tons and tons of mexicans so don't start nothing with one unless you're prepared to take on an entire gang of mexicans. I had a buddy that rented a hotel room there and got in to a fight with one right outside his room, and next thing he knew their was like 7 more, one of which tried to stab him.

It should be going on pretty soon, so if you're going to be there soon check it out.

Dec 18, 2002
I lived in Wenatchee for 4 years, if you are in to outdoor activities in any way this is pretty much the place to live. You should look in East Wenatchee for a nice town house and it shouldn't cost more than 700 /mo. Leavenworth is a bavarian styled tourist town 15 mins away, a cool place to chill and eat, take dates or whatever, plus they have white water rafting in the summer, beautiful hiking and camping...its coo like that.

People always jock Apple Blossum but after living there for awhile its really just a bunch of drunk people walking around, too many cops around to really do anything.

Chelan however, or Moses Lake are known to have huge gatherings, big enough to draw Girls Gone Wild. If you like that kind of thing.

The real downside of the town is the police force, they're ignorant, angry, and bored, because theres too many of them. If you like to snowboard/ski -- Wenatchee practically has its own resort called Mission Ridge. Its only 20 mins out from anywhere in town.

http://wenatcheeworld.com/

This is their newspaper, I used this everytime I had to move, it never failed.

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
It's in the country but it's full of crazy ass people! Hella hardheaded fools! Might be cool to keep on the quiet side and raise some kids but I wouldn't want them in public school over there! Lots of stuff to do outside though and you'll see all the seasons! Cold as hell in the winter and hot as hell in the summer! Lots of sick camping and swimming spots out there too!

Mar 31, 2006
Wenatchee's cool. If there was good work out there, I'd be out in a minute. You got everything there that you do in Everett, or about that size. Chelan is off the hinges in summer. Housing is hella cheap. The same homes on Badger Mountian going for 125K (4brs) out there are 450K here in Snohomish County, same builder.

Jul 8, 2003
Wenatchee's cool. If there was good work out there, I'd be out in a minute. You got everything there that you do in Everett, or about that size. Chelan is off the hinges in summer. Housing is hella cheap. The same homes on Badger Mountian going for 125K (4brs) out there are 450K here in Snohomish County, same builder.
Good shit! Thanks man!

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
Everett has WAY different weather though. And it's a lot closer to the major cities and the bloodline of the west coast....I-5.