GRILLZ, THEY LIIKE ME, LAFFY TAFFY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

djgo

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2005
am i the only one getting tired of these slow simple ass productions??? skills was right in his rap up 2005, it's a sad day when we dancing to laffy taffy... i aint feelin that shit... they went from crunk to laziness...

Feb 8, 2003
That new Franchise Boyz single "Lean Wit It" is tight its a banger in the club. Along with that new D4L single "Betcha Can't Do It like Me" thats my shit.

I never did or will like "Laffy Taffy" though. Dude with them star trek glasses who folds his leg up and whipes his kick off crack me up everytime I see him.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
BETO916 said:
can pete rock, primo, large professor, El P, showbiz, or dan the automator get a friggin' song on the radio....shit!!

I FUCKIN' HATE COMMERCIAL RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im tellin you..its getting worse and worse..
same ass song on the radio...everytime i switch my cds..

Dec 9, 2005
BETO916 said:
can pete rock, primo, large professor, El P, showbiz, or dan the automator get a friggin' song on the radio....shit!!

I heard that....but if people are still looking for the radio for quality music...it is NOT the place.

For the most part...the same stuff you hear on the radio...is the same stuff you'll hear @ the clubs...and club music's soul purpose is to get people moving...nothing more.

The sad thing is that for people who haven't been around to hear the Primos, Large Pro's, Jay Dillas, and Pete Rocks...only get to see the pop side of rap.

djgo

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2005
i think some of these songs are "good" right now... but they will never be "classics"... they'll be easily forgotten a year or two from now

Apr 5, 2005
This is what you call club music. Sadly, You don't need to be a tight lyricist to top the charts anymore. People are more drawn to music that can make em dance. There are so many tight lyricist in the hip hop world, but unofortunately they ain't pushing many records. Take for example, Common, Talib Kweli, and Rakim. These guys get the upp most respect in the industry, but kids arent buying their shit. The hip hop world is evolving around the club scene now. Some may not want to believe it but its starting to be about the finer things in life. That's what grabs the attention of youngsters. Veterans will be veterans, but they aint kids no more. And kids really don't care for their music.

Look at the hyphy movement. Only rappers who are on the bandwagon. These niggahs aint tight on the mic. Bay residents may thinkk they are tight because we're the only ones who really understand their slang and culture and we evolve around that. Hyphy music just gets you juiced up and they play that shit in the clubs all the time and we're all loving it! Does a good lyricist talk about jumping on a yellow bus and acting retarded? LOL. I dont think so.

But if you think this lazy music is dumb, what makes you think this hyphy shit is n e better? Hyphy music is very similar to crunk/lazy. Just goo with the flow and maybe this hyphy movement progresses.

Apr 1, 2003
BETO916 said:

Then listen to college radio or internet stations where the dj can play what he wants. You are right Comercial radio does suck. The mix shows and specialty shows (if they have any on your station but they always really late on a Sunday when no one listens) are cool.

Apr 25, 2002
djgo said:
i think some of these songs are "good" right now... but they will never be "classics"... they'll be easily forgotten a year or two from now
man i feel exactly what u sayin....bitch asked me did i liked D4L.....i got mad and yelled at her and shit.....i was like "BITCH i listen to REAL music......i was like i could put in pac all eyez on me and listen to it beginning to end right now cuz its REAL music".....she got mad lol....fuck that bitch anyway lol

May 10, 2002
ONLY FOOS I LIKE THAT MAKE SIMPLE SONGS THAT AINT BAY IS THREE 6, THEYVE ALWAYS HAD THEM CREATIVE SIMPLE ASS HOOKS WITH THEM DOPE ASS BEATS, SHIT JUST COMES ALL TOGETHER REAL GOOD WITH THEM.

May 15, 2002
Why da fuck do people try to pass this garbage ass music off as being good just because it gets play in the club and get a club crunk? Who gives a fuck about that. If u dont have skills, then u dont have skills. Being able to get crunk dont require no kinda skills.

Apr 1, 2003
Young Cutthroat said:
Why da fuck do people try to pass this garbage ass music off as being good just because it gets play in the club and get a club crunk? Who gives a fuck about that. If u dont have skills, then u dont have skills. Being able to get crunk dont require no kinda skills.
people in the club do, but yeah I don't understand it either.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I kinda dig the grills song but the popularity of that Laffy Taffy song is proof that your average "hip hop" fan doesn't want real music anymore and prefers crap that makes one dumber every time its played.