FEDERATION STARTED HYPHY?!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 27, 2005
M.dEEzEE_4-15 said:
honestly, mac dre was more of a laid back type of hyphy. fed gang was more of da headbangin' type of hyphy. keak started da term, mac dre started dem crazy ass types of giggin' and federation seen what dem town niggas was about and turned it into a bay style type thing. but mac dre was goin' dumb in 02'............. are ya'll feelin' me?
And Shock G was "gettin stupid" in 1990..

Nov 2, 2005
I could care less who started it...at least we are finally getting recognition again...Im happy about that...fuk everything else.
Seems like ppl are always so quick to judge or put one artist against another...thats the biggest problem in the bay...the bay...We dont need outside haterz..we hate on ourselves for others.

Apr 29, 2006
yung-g said:
Federation did the 1st Hyphy Song, but they didnt start it. Hyphy started in the streets, and in the town, and in the bay and shit...
actually, mistah fab has a song called hyphy on nig latin that sounds amazingly like federations. maybe its just a coincidence :ermm:

Mar 15, 2005
umm....why everyone keep sayin Keak invented the word??? show me what song or interview or whatever proof you got that Keak said hyphy before Dre said it on "Too Hard For the Radio".....i didnt even know who the fucc keak was bacc then.....didnt even hear of 3xKrazy till a few years after that.....either i was really sleepin on keak at that time or yall got ya history fucced up.....i beleive the latter cuz most of the cats on here are young and jus started bumpin bay shit in 2000......

D

DaSlimReaper

ValleyPainProduct said:
umm....why everyone keep sayin Keak invented the word??? show me what song or interview or whatever proof you got that Keak said hyphy before Dre said it on "Too Hard For the Radio".....i didnt even know who the fucc keak was bacc then.....didnt even hear of 3xKrazy till a few years after that.....either i was really sleepin on keak at that time or yall got ya history fucced up.....i beleive the latter cuz most of the cats on here are young and jus started bumpin bay shit in 2000......
First of all, you ain't even from the Bay, no wonder you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Too Hard For The Radio came out in the 80's, wasn't nobody sayin Hyphy then, that's a str8 up town word, period. Keak said it first in 1998 on Sneakacydal and Mac Dre didn't say that shit in Too Hard For The Radio you dumb ass, this is what he said..

"I get HYPED, and the game starts flowin
The girls get freaky and it starts showin" - Mac Dre

You groupies give Mac Dre too much damn credit, fo real. You niggas steal town shit and call it "Bay" shit. Wasn't nobody in the Bay sayin hyphy in the 90's, only Oakland niggas and people in the near by cities(Berkeley and Richmond) was sayin that shit. Give Keak his fucking props, he made up more slang(that we actually use in every day life) than E-40.. Mac Dre was the first to stick to that style, but he didn't create hyphy, the Feds didn't create it, and neither did Keak. Keak made up a word to describe the Oakland atmosphere, period. Mac Dre raped about shit that went on in Oakland, ain't no damn sideshows in Vallejo. Oakland started Hyphy, East Oakland if you wanna narrow it down.

Nov 2, 2005
AGAIN...Who cares who started it...just cuz Keak said the word first doesnt necessarily mean he invented it...who knows if he heard it from someone...Im not saying he didnt, but there is no real way to say who invented anything...

All I know is... Hyphy is getting hella big...why the fuk are we still complaining?!!! In the long run...its about who gets on their grind the hardest to make their shit successful...

Feb 21, 2005
i think fed gang was saying they the first to bring it to MTV. but yuk says it all in the yellow bus radio show interview. 40 puts it down on the federation stunnas at night song. after listening to both interview and song you can get the picture.

Mar 15, 2005
hahaha....i aint from what you might consider the bay but im from the NORTHBAY cuz....this is CcytzO mayne 707 Solano County.....i lived in all the cities.... Vacaville, Fairfield/Suisun, and Vallejo for most of my life....i reside in stoccton now and have been off n on for the past 5 years and im tied down here as of now cuz of work n school but dont tell me where im not from.....i gives a fucc if you from Oakland honestly cuz....aint you the cat everyone says dont even really live in the O but net bangs it all day???? theres a million cats from the O in stoccton now tryin ta yell that shit out like they hard but half the time they aint nobody and they been in stoccton for too long to still rep the O....but thas the O mentality i guess....some of you cats is funny actin like your shit dont stink.....yeah yall had Short, Hammer and Digital Underground.... Pac sort of i guess....but you act like Vallejo aint had no part of this shit.....sayin keak made more slang than 40....oh well 40s slang gettin USED more....most people cant even understand the mumblin keak doin half the time....in the long run this is Northern Cali.....home of MOB music which is still favored more than Hyphy and the Valley has had equal part in the MOB sound as the Bay.....so dont act like Oakland is so special....

May 7, 2002
Mr. ViNN707 said:
Wow, if hyfee was a class in school you guy's would get A's and B's but to bad it isnt and you all flunked out now working at cheveron using the boss's computer to suft the siccness and masterbate to the I-Candy forum.

Hahahaha