Expressing yourself through TATTOOS & PIERCINGS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
its just something im putting in the works right now. if everything goes as planned youll see me on miami ink this season...not to tattoo physically but im doing the art for a tat..im basically spearheading that into doing tat work...i get so many requests for tattoo artwork that im looking at saying fuck it....kill two birds with one stone you know..

Jul 4, 2002
i wouldnt get anything that i couldnt cover up..........the tat that i Will get is like in memory of my mom, i would like to get that in the middle of my upper back......a half sleeve on from my elbow, up would be nice too

Dec 2, 2005
BOMBSAC said:
do u feel like u needed to get a tattoo or piercing in order to express the "real" you?

or maybe thats the wrong way to put it..

did u feel like u needed to have it in order to feel, like complete or
something??

were u just going through a stage and grew out of it? was it peer preasure??

or, do u feel like u wont be who u really are until u get that tattoo or piercing??

lets talk about this..

about 6 yrs ago when my mom passed i had this tat sketched up and i have saved it and saved it and some day i Will have it put on my back or somewhere else i dunno yet...i dunno why, but i feel like something is missing without it, wierd i know...........

and for years i have wanted a piercing on the side of my mouth (lip) or right under my mouth, i dont know why, i dont know anyone with piercings....i just feel like i need these things to kinda express myself, whatever that means, i dont really understand it..
I feel you on the tats. My mom passed in 2005. Last August I got her signature that was on my birth certificate tatted on my neck/collarbone area. I see that as a symbol that I carry around with me wherever I am, but I mean, I can carry a picture, a letter or whatever to remind me of her. But with my tattoo, it's with me no matter what.

not to make that sound emo or anything, but that's the way I see my first tat that's on me...

I also see that tattoos in general as art. So I like to show my shit off when someone asks me, and it's a way I can describe the very person that raised me so u know...it's what it is...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
dumbest tattoo: the kid who showed me his portrait of tupac, that covered his WHOLE SHOULDER.

runners up: the green powderpuff girl on my homeboys ex-girl that took up her whole calf.

although some people like the powderpuff one....i think that shits as wack as tatting yourself with bugs bunny.

bombsac...tattoo woodgrain all over your left leg...so it looks like you got a wooden leg..

Mar 4, 2006
My patna has the sickest tattoos i ever seen. He is a graph artist and designed almost all of his tats. I think they're sick because you'll never see someone with the same tats and they really represent him.

Apr 5, 2005
I actually do want a piercing on my right eyebrow and a tatt on my right arm. Im actually afraid to get a tatt, but i'm definitely down to get an eyebrow piercing. Although I ask for others opinions- it doesn't necessarily affect any of my decisions.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
BOMBSAC said:
do u feel like u needed to get a tattoo or piercing in order to express the "real" you?

or maybe thats the wrong way to put it..

did u feel like u needed to have it in order to feel, like complete or
something??

were u just going through a stage and grew out of it? was it peer preasure??

or, do u feel like u wont be who u really are until u get that tattoo or piercing??

lets talk about this..

about 6 yrs ago when my mom passed i had this tat sketched up and i have saved it and saved it and some day i Will have it put on my back or somewhere else i dunno yet...i dunno why, but i feel like something is missing without it, wierd i know...........

and for years i have wanted a piercing on the side of my mouth (lip) or right under my mouth, i dont know why, i dont know anyone with piercings....i just feel like i need these things to kinda express myself, whatever that means, i dont really understand it..
Just to change up the pace.....

I have no tattoos or piercings; wear no watches, bracelets, or earrings, and other than to Seahawk/Mariners parties, no hats, visors or beanies. I'll get my hair-cut, but not in any particular style. 95% of the time, I wear white t-shirts. No glasses or sunglasses. No goatee. No du-rags or wave caps. All I really have is a mustache...thats how I "express" myself.

People who are fast at the mouth will say I do all of this because i'm a square. But if you really step back and think about it, even squares (usually) have watches and get their hair cut to a certain style. You have to go out of your way to do what I do. I stand out by not standing-out. Just the way I like to do things, I guess.

Jun 13, 2002
Oakland,Ca
I GOT A TAT OF THE GRIM REAPPER WITH ANGEL WINGS AND A HALO. KINDA MY VERSION OF YIN AND YANG. UNDERNEATH IT SAY'S "DON'T NOBODY KNOW ME."
I'M A VEARY MISUNDERSTOOD PERSON AND PEOPLE ARE REALLY QUIK TO JUGDE ME AND ASSUME THINGS BOUT ME BUT THEY REALLY HAVE KNOW FUCKIN CLUE WHAT I'M BOUT.
THIS TATTO IS A EXSPRESSION OF HOW I FEEL. ANY TATOO I GET REALLY MEANS SOMETHING TO ME, I WOULD NEVER GET A TATOO JUST TO LOOK COOL OR FOR A IMAGE.

Nov 4, 2006
I don't feel like I need a tattoo or feel incomplete without it, its just the fact that I want one and have had the idea for a long time. So yes I'm getting a tattoo very soon and can't wait.

Nov 7, 2005
I couldn't wait at all, I got my first tat when I was a Junior in high school and haven't stopped since. When I have the extra money, that's where it goes. I've always liked tattoos since I was a kid seeing my Uncles and other family members with them so it was just a matter of time until I got mine. As far as expression, I have tats that show where I'm from, I have my last name on my back and I have a good/evil theme on the rest of my body. My whole left side being good and my whole right side being evil.

Dec 9, 2005
Gas One said:
man, i wouldnt even trust a tattoo artist to recreate my good graf work.

maybe the more simplistic shit.

I actually had my boy write up my name for me...and I took it to the shop he created the laminate and stenciled it up for me and threw it on my back...it looked clean, but then again, I never did get it actually inked.

It was about 15 inches wide, and 6 inches tall...it was pretty big...