Expressing yourself through TATTOOS & PIERCINGS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2002
do u feel like u needed to get a tattoo or piercing in order to express the "real" you?

or maybe thats the wrong way to put it..

did u feel like u needed to have it in order to feel, like complete or
something??

were u just going through a stage and grew out of it? was it peer preasure??

or, do u feel like u wont be who u really are until u get that tattoo or piercing??

lets talk about this..

about 6 yrs ago when my mom passed i had this tat sketched up and i have saved it and saved it and some day i Will have it put on my back or somewhere else i dunno yet...i dunno why, but i feel like something is missing without it, wierd i know...........

and for years i have wanted a piercing on the side of my mouth (lip) or right under my mouth, i dont know why, i dont know anyone with piercings....i just feel like i need these things to kinda express myself, whatever that means, i dont really understand it..

Jul 4, 2002
gas, i dont want a tattoo on my face lol....

when i was younger i did have my nose pierced but i guess i grew out of it and after a few years i took it out..

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
i don't "need" a tattoo, but i'm going to get one cause i've had the idea for awhile and i want it...plus, my uncle is owns his own tat shop...

Jul 4, 2002
Gas One said:
if youre a girl, you cant go wrong with tongue piercings

aww no face tats? .
how about a giant "13" on the back of your head?

lol, to be honest, i prolly would get a face tat if i didnt give a fuck about what others think.......

why 13? i like the number 1, tho not enuf to get it tatted on my neck lol

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
13=sureños..durka durka...

and you shouldn't care what others thing, it's detrimental to your self confidence, plus, everyone else is fucking wacked out of their minds and has been trained to think a certain way, if you really wanna be like that, I feel REALLY sorry for you.

Jul 4, 2002
INPUT said:
13=sureños..durka durka...

and you shouldn't care what others thing, it's detrimental to your self confidence, plus, everyone else is fucking wacked out of their minds and has been trained to think a certain way, if you really wanna be like that, I feel REALLY sorry for you.
i understood about the 13=surenos lol

maybe i should have explained myself a lil better...im looking to move into management within the company i work for, i have young kids and a husband, what These people think, matter to me, and they should because they are the most important things in my life...my career and my family..

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
BOMBSAC said:
i understood about the 13=surenos lol

maybe i should have explained myself a lil better...im looking to move into management within the company i work for, i have young kids and a husband, what These people think, matter to me, and they should because they are the most important things in my life...my career and my family..

Got ya. You can still get a tattoo somewhere that's not easily visible, like your back, shoulder, upper arm, thigh, legs, whatever. My mom is a teacher and she's got 2 tattoos, one of a dragon around her ankle and then a tribal deal with dolphins on her back...

If they cared that you got a tattoo to express yourself, then they obviously don't care about you as much as you think. It's your body, and if they have a problem, it's their problem...if they make it your problem, they aren't worth your time...that's just my opinion though...

your boss more than likely wouldn't see your tattoo, unless you got it in an obvious spot...peircings are different, and much more visible, that's why tattoo's (I feel) are better, and MUCH MUCH more personal.

i'm not trying to say that those people aren't important or that they don't matter...they do, to you, obviously...but if they are going to impeed on your ability to express who you feel you are, they aren't doing anything for you but holding you back....(and i'm not saying they are doing this, just sayin if that's the case)....

What kind of tattoo are you thinking of? I've been thinking of getting on on my leg, from my ankle to my knee on my right leg...mostly nature (trees, mountains, water, etc), and then as it goes up, the sky, cosmos/universe and other out of this world type stuff...but it'd be realistic, not comical...and no, there wont' be ufo's...lol...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
tattoo "shoooulllder leeeean" on the top of your back.

with a triple beam scale underneath it.

im probably never getting tats, but i thought about tatooing an image of my wrists slit/exposed flesh/bood dripping down my hands on both wrists..

the other idea was a circle inside of a triangle inside of a square on the inside of my arm...but fuck tats....i plan on bieng one of the first tattooists with no tats whatsoever..

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Gas One said:
the other idea was a circle inside of a triangle inside of a square on the inside of my arm...but fuck tats....i plan on bieng one of the first tattooists with no tats whatsoever..

how long have you been tattooing?