Exclusive Tech N9ne interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2007
What up everyone. I'm J from Baroptic.com and I got an exclusive interview with Tech N9ne last night before he hit the stage at the Fillmore (Denver, CO.) The interview was like 35 to 40 minutes long so it is being edited to make it shorter so it won't take forever to download the video. It will probably be in 2 or 3 parts.

I asked him about that track he was supposed to have with Eminem. He said it was "My World" and it was supposed to feature him, Eminem and Brotha Lynch Hung and he had his part recorded, Lynch had his part recorded, but it was at the time Eminem had split with Kim again and Proof had just died so Em's part was pretty much just put on hold. So Tech said he had to make the decision to either wait for Em's verse, which would put his CD EverReady:The Religion on hold or to just put the track out with only him and Brotha Lynch Hung. He wanted to get his CD out for his fans so he decided to just put it out without Eminem's part.

He told me about how he's banned from performing in the state of Hawaii because they said his music starts riots--he said he was pretty much dissapointed about that. He talked about having his daughters record the track "The Rain" with him and how it was a great experience. He told me about groupies and about how he spends his free time getting ass and how he wishes he got more. He talked about how he did the score for the movie "Alpha Dog"---the soundtrack comes out Tuesday 1/9/06 and it has 4 Tech songs including the new one La La Land with Gina Cassavetes singing spanish or something on the hook. He talked about so much shit!

He is the nicest, most down to earth, realest MF I've ever met, he didn't hold back on anything. He was completely honest and showed nothing but love. For all those Caribou Lou drinkers out there he told me about another drink to try --since I was straight shooting Hennessey---he said to try Hennessey with Sprite and Lemon juice!!! I started getting twisted towards the end of the interview and told him I was gonna stalk him and shit ---he said that was cool with him.

A couple things that not everyone in the world knows about him: he has tracks on the video games "Madden NFL"and "25 ta Life" where he is an unlockable character that people can play. "Bout ta Bubble" is on Demand for Comcast subscribers under -music - MTV2 - Hip Hop. "Bout ta Bubble" also won MTVU.com's Freshman 5 competition. He's got his "T" tatt (from B.L.E.S.T.) on his lower right arm...He also implied has a tatt below the belt--you know ladies. It looks like he wears 2 wedding rings on his ring finger, one looks gold and the other looks Platinum or white gold. He got rid of the red hair because it kept gettin damaged and breaking off from dying it and he likes the extra attention he's been getting from the ladies since he changed his hair.

He talks about so much shit in the interview! The second it gets done being edited I will post the link(s) it will be on Baroptic.com and Youtube.com among other sites. We're gonna try to get it on therealtechn9ne.com and Tech N9ne's Myspace page because it seems kinda rare to have an interview with him thats on video and not just typed up. He told me some real exclusive shit about the next album he's working on....he even EXCLUSIVELY!!
TOLD ME THE NAME OF THE NEXT ALBUM!!! Like I said the second it's done I will post the links (hopefully within the next couple days) I just wanted everyone to know it's coming.

JOK3R187

Ferocious Mackadoshis
Jun 17, 2005
alot of the shits been covered already in the interview thread...dope contribution for yo 1st post though...

read up tha VITAL's & use the search function as alot of the shits been covered already...

welcome to the board

Feb 9, 2006
I think he's leaning toward "Since 1985" for being the name for his next album. But i dont know, just something i heard, we'll see when the interview gets posted

Aug 16, 2003
I dont think I've seen /tech s,ile so much in an interview.....hmmm wonder why lol..........

Whats the time frame on the rest of the interview?

Jan 3, 2007
AAwww Thanx. The producer is supposed to be editing it now. I don't know how long he's gonna be but they were talking about having it in multiple parts so it's quicker to download. I was origianlly told that it would be done within a week but then they started talking about putting a rush on it so it would be done in like 2-4 days---thats why they posted that "sample clip" so quick. I just sent an email to our VP to see how much they have done so far. He'll probably get back to me in a few hours. I'll keep ya updated.