e40- for the old school folks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Fuuuuucckkk...it could go anyway...Zoom, Flashin, Lt Roast A Botch, Sideways, Da Bumble, Shiiiit, way too many to name!!

I think my all time #1 though would be "Watch Where You Lay Your Head" off the Boss Ballin comp.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
ZigZagBurna said:
so true homie.....that album was slept on by so many..it had GOOD featues
that album got me hooked on e-40. i had heard in a major way and i like that alum but Element of Surprise is a masterpiece IMO!
Let me triple co-sign that one... likewise I had In A Major Way and Hall of Game and that was only by chance and they was cool but I wasn't hooked, I was still also buying everything from Wu-Tang to fuckin Mase and really honestly I was still a mainstream hip hop fan.

Then I picked up Element of Surprise one summer cos I dug 40 music and it was game over then and there. I can't even tell you how much that changed me. I stopped walking into CD stores and picking up the next hot 'Rap' album, I didn't care about that shit no more, I just wanted more of that mobb shit.

I bumped EoS all summer and started jumping on the net and importing CD's. First Mailman and Federal, then some Click CD's, then the whole Sickwidit back catalogue, then spun off onto Dre and N2Deep and anyone out Vallejo, then I became an eBay fiend for any Bay music I can get, shit was like dope.

1,500 CD's later and I'm thick on this sound and real talk it is ALL because of Element of Surprise, that shit got so far inside my head all I wanted to listen to is music like that. I dig the Hyphy sound too so I know the bay sound isn't really no different in terms of people's taste, lets just keep it moving.

Oct 29, 2003
to many to name, falling rain, zoom, circumstances, true story
are some of the more laid back ones i can think of
the whole mailman is good.
my favorite album tho is in a major way

May 31, 2005
it would be too easy to name somethin off "In A Major Way"...

ima go with TANJI, off the Mr.Flamboyant EP

"dagnabit i aint takin no crap! she said "man baby is it like that?""

lol thats my shit.

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
"Zap board beneeth the ash tray woofers in the back,
water in the duals makes loud glass packs
Gold tippy toes with outa lick of chrome
Bought a set of vougues and left the stickers on
7 grand worth of bump in the trunk...
paid cash all ones".....

Yeah that's the one!

Apr 25, 2002
damn......one more gen, hope i dont go back, da bumble, dusted and disgusted.....behind gates....million dollar spot.....1 luv...big ballin wit my homies.....ring it(mysteriously this song makes me hyphy).......keak did kill that shit back in the day lol....alot of songs.....i coulda went more