DO U THINK THERE WILL EVER BE ANOTHER 2PAC IN THE INDUSTRY??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2007
im not making excuses...i simply think that many out there are made to see jordan as this larger-than-life figure based on the way he's been marketed and forced upon us since his marketing campaign took off. the global perception of jordan is partly based on revenue, and theres no denyin that. you had players like elgin baylor and oscar robertson who were on the same echelon, just without all the glorification and media marketing/coverage as MJ. thats my opinion..take it how u like homie.

kobe minus the rape trial woulda been a whole different ball-game as far as the coverage/media push he woulda received. that night in colorado changed everything.. kobe's stalk fell, and he never got the same push because of it. different circumstances, different career paths. but as far as pure talent/skill goes, there was nothing on a basketball court that jordan did which kobe wasnt able to. facts are facts.
Oscar Robertson and elgin baylor????? Dude are you serious they were great players but who were they playing against?????? Watch those old school highlights them white boys didnt stand a chance. Marketing????? Jordans game speaks for itself do your research buddy jordan played against a majority of your top 50 greatest all time players Ewing,Isaiah thomas,malone,magic,miller and sent niggaz home with a loss.

When you speak so highly of Kobe lets not forget he won his first three titles with none other than Shaquille O Neal.Shaq a future hall of fame player. Robert Horry arguably the most clutch performer the nba has ever seen. Michael Jordan had a bunch of roll at best. Notice how pippens stats declined without jordan as a teammate??????
You just sound like one or two type of people. An all out jordan hater or just a bitter lakers fan. You know what I'd say you are both.

Oct 31, 2007
i was there, trust me...i never said anything bout why Kobe is playing today, and I do agree with you about him trying to catch Jordan at 6. my point was that once Kobe had that rape trial under his belt, it was over for him as far as getting favored by the league and being glamorized by the sponsors, the media, the marketing etc. he coulda very well gotten the same push/favoritism by david stern/espn that jordan did if it wasnt for all that.. and if Kobe was given the same love that Jordan got by the powers that be, the entire nation would have a different perception of him. we live in a country of sheep who are told what to think and how to think it...and I'm not talkin about you, because i do respect your opinion as your own. but just overall, the perception of these players is usually based on how they are marketed and pushed to the general public....just look at lebron. he's not even close to being the player he is billed to be. but most these cats who follow what the mass media feeds them will swear that he's a top 3 to ever do it, and thats just ridiculous.
Kobe has sponsorship as well "Nike" what are you saying exactly. Marketing doesn't win games the better team wins. Sheep?????? I watched Jordan play on tv and in real life im not like these niggaz that go buy all his shoes and never witnessed his talent. Truth be told I am more of a clyde the glide drexler fan myself. Jordan is not my favorite player..... but on that now note Im not gonna sit up here and bullshit with you. Jordan was visibly better than kobe Bryant. I see you just root for the underdog.... nothing wrong with that. Kobe scores 81 against a depleted raptors roster..... really it's not a big deal dude

Aug 27, 2014
YOU CAN COMPARE SOMEBODY 2 A GREAT WITHOUT HATIN ON THEM....U SHOULD TRY IT!!!.....ITS 2014 AND I KINDA GOT TUNNEL VISION WHEN IT COMES 2 JORDAN AND KOBE CUZ IVE DEALT WITH CERTAIN COMPARISONS AND ARGUMENTS 4 YEARS. I DIDNT LIKE HIM AT FIRST BUT HE EARNED MY RESPECT SO AT THIS POINT I HAVE MAJOR LOVE 4 KOBE...HE'S GREATER THAN GREAT SOMETIMES BUT I DONT PERSONALLY THINK HE HAS THE SAME CONSISTENCY LEVEL OR THE ABILITY 2 TURN A NOBODY INTO A CHAMPION LIKE JORDAN DID.
AND THATS WHAT I FEEL ABOUT PAC WHEN I LOOK AT HIS BODY OF WORK,HE WAS CONSISTENTLY TIGHT....WHICH IS SOMETHING MOST RAPPERS CANT SEEM 2 MANAGE IN THESE DAYS AND TIMES. I HAVE OTHER LYRICISTS WHOSE ALBUMS IMPRESSED ME MORE THAN PACS BUT WHEN IT COMES 2 SALES AND IMPACT PAC BLOWS EVERYBODY OUT THE WATER AND I STILL CAN LISTEN 2 HIS MUSIC TODAY AND FEEL HIS SPIRIT IN EVERY SONG. I CANT SAY THAT ABOUT 2 MANY PPL. RNS
not hatin on nobody..if kobe didnt have the ability to turn a nobody into a champion, how he turn pau gasol and lamar odom into champions? i got nothin but love for jordan, he's defintiely arguably the greatest ever..arguably is a key word in that tho. shit, if you really wanna know who has the resume to be considered the hands down greatest, thats kareem abdul-jabbar. but like i said, theres about 10 all-time greats who all can be argued as the greatest. not all of em were up in our face like jordan tho. pac is more comparable to kobe, as they have the characteristics of a sociopath and both as passionate about puttin in work as humanly possible. phil jackson said it the other day..nobody ever been as dedicated to their craft as Kobe.

Phil Jackson says Kobe Bryant went beyond Michael Jordan in training - CBSSports.com

no one put in work like kobe, just like no one put in work like pac. thats the best parallel that can be drawn between him and an athlete.

Aug 27, 2014
Oscar Robertson and elgin baylor????? Dude are you serious they were great players but who were they playing against?????? Watch those old school highlights them white boys didnt stand a chance. Marketing????? Jordans game speaks for itself do your research buddy jordan played against a majority of your top 50 greatest all time players Ewing,Isaiah thomas,malone,magic,miller and sent niggaz home with a loss.

When you speak so highly of Kobe lets not forget he won his first three titles with none other than Shaquille O Neal.Shaq a future hall of fame player. Robert Horry arguably the most clutch performer the nba has ever seen. Michael Jordan had a bunch of roll at best. Notice how pippens stats declined without jordan as a teammate??????
You just sound like one or two type of people. An all out jordan hater or just a bitter lakers fan. You know what I'd say you are both.
if u make that case for Elgin Baylor playin against white boys, u have to make it in favor of Kobe/against Jordan too...because Kobe played in an era when wings were far more dominant and incredibly gifted. Athletes like kevin durant, lebron james, carmelo anthony, tracy mcgrady etc werent as prominent in Jordan's day. Jordan durin his title runs was goin up against the likes of john starks, hersey hawkins, craig hodges, jeff hornacek, etc...the level of talent on the perimeter has drastically increased since Jordan's prime...back then, it was a league of big men. nowadays, perimeter players rule the league. not to mention, jordan played in a day and age when no zone defense was allowed. you couldnt send a 2nd and 3rd defender on him the way u can with the rules nowadays. if kobe played under those rules, against 90s shooting guards, he woulda scored 100 easily. do u know how much easier it was to get in the seams and beat defenses under those rules?

the argument of kobe playing alongside shaq doesnt go far when pippen was just as important to the Bulls. i dont know what ur talkin about, cuz pippen put up his best numbers when jordan left and the Bulls and won more games that year than the following year, when Jordan returned. Pippen was vital to the offense AND defense of Chicago, while Shaq was only a force on offense. kobe was widely considered better than shaq by early 2001. shaq had seniority on the team, of course, but as i already mentioned, kobe already proved he can a.)win without shaq and b.)win with less than Jordan when he repeated in 09-10.

Aug 27, 2014
There is no debate for those that really know basketball, straight up. Kobe did a few things better in single games, but that's it. It's not close in virtually any comparison.

The ONLY thing Kobe could claim that Jordan can't is if Gasol doesn't make the HOF. He would have a chip without another hall of famer on his team, Jordan never did that and had 2 others with the last 3 chips he won.

john wooden doesnt know basketball?

May 9, 2002
While MJ didn't win his first 3 titles as quickly as Kobe, his career was always on a higher trajectory. MJ averaged 28 points a game in his first NBA season, it took Kobe five years to average 28 across an NBA season. MJ averaged 30+ in 7 of his first 9 seasons, Kobe managed that 1 time in his first 9 seasons. Granted Kobe came into the league at a younger age, but all you are doing is scapegoating Kobe's lack of shine on a court case. the fact remains that MJ did significantly more to change the landscape of basketball. In addition to being a superior scorer, MJ was a great defender, both on and off the ball, evidenced by him being the first in history to crack 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. that speaks volumes about his game.

Feel free to blame it on media marketing, promoting, favoritism, or whatever the F you want really. MJ was the goddamn best, and ascended to a higher level of ballerism than kobe ever could. also fuck LA
Bolded is the most important point in this thread.

Nov 11, 2006
the argument of kobe playing alongside shaq doesnt go far when pippen was just as important to the Bulls. i dont know what ur talkin about, cuz pippen put up his best numbers when jordan left and the Bulls and won more games that year than the following year, when Jordan returned. Pippen was vital to the offense AND defense of Chicago, while Shaq was only a force on offense. kobe was widely considered better than shaq by early 2001. shaq had seniority on the team, of course, but as i already mentioned, kobe already proved he can a.)win without shaq and b.)win with less than Jordan when he repeated in 09-10.
Quit smokin crack nigga, shaq is one of the most dominant centers of all time if not THE MOST DOMINANT, tell me in his prime who could guard shaq? NOBODY

kobe is a bitch, he woulda never 3-peated if it wasnt for shaq, and the lakers wouldnt have beaten the kings in the early 2000's if it wasnt for tim donaghy

#realshit