DO U THINK THERE WILL EVER BE ANOTHER 2PAC IN THE INDUSTRY??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
I think maybe there are people that have come close but their lives aren't analyzed and celebrated as much as 2Pac since they are still around....I'm not sure if 2Pac would still have the legendary status if he never died and was still around today. He didn't live long enough to ever fall off or have his work suffer.

Also we live in an age where everything is put under a microscope and the public will turn on a celebrity with the quickness. If 2Pac came up in this era, people would be posting back up dancer videos on twitter, WSHH would have videos of him talking respectfully of women as opposed this his playboy lyrics, and you would see people diss him for his bubble bath pics and all that borderline feminine stuff.

It's an era where micro-celebrities are created, whether they become a star on a social network, or appear for one season on a reality show, then release a rap album and then fade away or get crucified. So I don't think there will ever be another 2Pac. Rap has become pretty artificial and saturated...maybe the "next 2Pac" is a musician in another genre...but not a rapper.

Aug 27, 2014
NAH I GOT MY OWN 2 EYES....AND I REMEMBER JORDAN PLAYING AGAINST THE CELTICS IN THE PLAYOFFS EARLY IN HIS CAREER AND BECOMING MY FAVORITE PLAYER EVER EVEN THO I NEVER LIKED THE BULLS AS A FRANCHISE. U CAN SAY WHATEVER WHAT U WANT BUT I STAND BY WHAT I SAID AND IT IS WHAT IT IS....ITS NOT ALL THAT COMPLICATED IF U CHOOSE 2 COMPREHEND WHAT IM SAYIN AS MY OWN OPINION AND FACTS AND NOT TRY 2 MAKE EXCUSES 4 HOW THE NEXT MAN FEELS ABOUT SOMETHING. 1
im not making excuses...i simply think that many out there are made to see jordan as this larger-than-life figure based on the way he's been marketed and forced upon us since his marketing campaign took off. the global perception of jordan is partly based on revenue, and theres no denyin that. you had players like elgin baylor and oscar robertson who were on the same echelon, just without all the glorification and media marketing/coverage as MJ. thats my opinion..take it how u like homie.

kobe minus the rape trial woulda been a whole different ball-game as far as the coverage/media push he woulda received. that night in colorado changed everything.. kobe's stalk fell, and he never got the same push because of it. different circumstances, different career paths. but as far as pure talent/skill goes, there was nothing on a basketball court that jordan did which kobe wasnt able to. facts are facts.

Aug 27, 2014
Hobe cryant was demanding a trade when shit got tough dude is a lil bitch
you dont know much about jordan, do you? he did the same exact thing kobe did, got coaches fired, players traded, etc. all based on his complaining to jerry krause.

it's what the greats do...they force the hand of those in power. if you want to win you gotta make it happen.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I think maybe there are people that have come close but their lives aren't analyzed and celebrated as much as 2Pac since they are still around....I'm not sure if 2Pac would still have the legendary status if he never died and was still around today. He didn't live long enough to ever fall off or have his work suffer.

Also we live in an age where everything is put under a microscope and the public will turn on a celebrity with the quickness. If 2Pac came up in this era, people would be posting back up dancer videos on twitter, WSHH would have videos of him talking respectfully of women as opposed this his playboy lyrics, and you would see people diss him for his bubble bath pics and all that borderline feminine stuff.

It's an era where micro-celebrities are created, whether they become a star on a social network, or appear for one season on a reality show, then release a rap album and then fade away or get crucified. So I don't think there will ever be another 2Pac. Rap has become pretty artificial and saturated...maybe the "next 2Pac" is a musician in another genre...but not a rapper.
hella troof

Aug 27, 2014
I WANNA CORRECT U...I BELIEVE THE REASON KOBE IS STILL PLAYING TODAY IS NOT A MONEY SITUATION...ITS BECUZ HE DOESNT HAVE AS MANY RINGS AS JORDAN. U CAN HAVE YOUR OPINIONS AND I'LL HAVE MINE. NO DISRESPECT OR NOTHIN BUT I AINT BOUT 2 LET NOBODY TELL ME WHY I THINK JORDAN IS THE G.O.A.T.
MAYBE U HAD 2 BE THERE~
i was there, trust me...i never said anything bout why Kobe is playing today, and I do agree with you about him trying to catch Jordan at 6. my point was that once Kobe had that rape trial under his belt, it was over for him as far as getting favored by the league and being glamorized by the sponsors, the media, the marketing etc. he coulda very well gotten the same push/favoritism by david stern/espn that jordan did if it wasnt for all that.. and if Kobe was given the same love that Jordan got by the powers that be, the entire nation would have a different perception of him. we live in a country of sheep who are told what to think and how to think it...and I'm not talkin about you, because i do respect your opinion as your own. but just overall, the perception of these players is usually based on how they are marketed and pushed to the general public....just look at lebron. he's not even close to being the player he is billed to be. but most these cats who follow what the mass media feeds them will swear that he's a top 3 to ever do it, and thats just ridiculous.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
There probably has been several "Pacs" already. Genres of music evolve, so I doubt an artist with his content, delivery or whatever would be felt by the masses today. Also, nobody is really selling nowadays, so it's almost impossible to match the record sales.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
i was there, trust me...i never said anything bout why Kobe is playing today, and I do agree with you about him trying to catch Jordan at 6. my point was that once Kobe had that rape trial under his belt, it was over for him as far as getting favored by the league and being glamorized by the sponsors, the media, the marketing etc. he coulda very well gotten the same push/favoritism by david stern/espn that jordan did if it wasnt for all that.. and if Kobe was given the same love that Jordan got by the powers that be, the entire nation would have a different perception of him. we live in a country of sheep who are told what to think and how to think it...and I'm not talkin about you, because i do respect your opinion as your own. but just overall, the perception of these players is usually based on how they are marketed and pushed to the general public....just look at lebron. he's not even close to being the player he is billed to be. but most these cats who follow what the mass media feeds them will swear that he's a top 3 to ever do it, and thats just ridiculous.
YOU CAN COMPARE SOMEBODY 2 A GREAT WITHOUT HATIN ON THEM....U SHOULD TRY IT!!!.....ITS 2014 AND I KINDA GOT TUNNEL VISION WHEN IT COMES 2 JORDAN AND KOBE CUZ IVE DEALT WITH CERTAIN COMPARISONS AND ARGUMENTS 4 YEARS. I DIDNT LIKE HIM AT FIRST BUT HE EARNED MY RESPECT SO AT THIS POINT I HAVE MAJOR LOVE 4 KOBE...HE'S GREATER THAN GREAT SOMETIMES BUT I DONT PERSONALLY THINK HE HAS THE SAME CONSISTENCY LEVEL OR THE ABILITY 2 TURN A NOBODY INTO A CHAMPION LIKE JORDAN DID.
AND THATS WHAT I FEEL ABOUT PAC WHEN I LOOK AT HIS BODY OF WORK,HE WAS CONSISTENTLY TIGHT....WHICH IS SOMETHING MOST RAPPERS CANT SEEM 2 MANAGE IN THESE DAYS AND TIMES. I HAVE OTHER LYRICISTS WHOSE ALBUMS IMPRESSED ME MORE THAN PACS BUT WHEN IT COMES 2 SALES AND IMPACT PAC BLOWS EVERYBODY OUT THE WATER AND I STILL CAN LISTEN 2 HIS MUSIC TODAY AND FEEL HIS SPIRIT IN EVERY SONG. I CANT SAY THAT ABOUT 2 MANY PPL. RNS

troythemac

Deep Slumps
Feb 13, 2013
While MJ didn't win his first 3 titles as quickly as Kobe, his career was always on a higher trajectory. MJ averaged 28 points a game in his first NBA season, it took Kobe five years to average 28 across an NBA season. MJ averaged 30+ in 7 of his first 9 seasons, Kobe managed that 1 time in his first 9 seasons. Granted Kobe came into the league at a younger age, but all you are doing is scapegoating Kobe's lack of shine on a court case. the fact remains that MJ did significantly more to change the landscape of basketball. In addition to being a superior scorer, MJ was a great defender, both on and off the ball, evidenced by him being the first in history to crack 200 steals and 100 blocks in a season. that speaks volumes about his game.

Feel free to blame it on media marketing, promoting, favoritism, or whatever the F you want really. MJ was the goddamn best, and ascended to a higher level of ballerism than kobe ever could. also fuck LA

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
There is no debate for those that really know basketball, straight up. Kobe did a few things better in single games, but that's it. It's not close in virtually any comparison.

The ONLY thing Kobe could claim that Jordan can't is if Gasol doesn't make the HOF. He would have a chip without another hall of famer on his team, Jordan never did that and had 2 others with the last 3 chips he won.

Props: :ab: and :ab: