do any 916 rappers have potential to get signed and go mainstream??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
nobody but sacramento rappers have always had a strong underground scene. It just don't seem like they are trying to go pop with their shit and thats cool as long as their shit slaps

SYZ

Sicc OG
Nov 16, 2004
Hopefully, with these marketing campaigns and close relations with industry cats, I'm looking at THE KNOCKAHOLIX to get signed as a group and I myself to be signed a producer. But that's a dream. We just gotta hustle hard, stay humble keep grinding and help build each other. ONE!

Aug 4, 2005
www.flossalini.com
everyone could do good on a mainstream label with the right marketing campaign. If Lynch made it this far from a rocky start of a cannibalism image, anybody in Sac can find they market and dominate it. T-Nutty get's money outta state becuz he knows where to market his shit. C-Bo gets money out of State becuz he's figured out how to market his shit. A lot of artist can make it... but they have to want to push themselves to that level before a label can want to do it for them.

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Flossalini said:
it. T-Nutty get's money outta state becuz he knows where to market his shit. C-Bo gets money out of State becuz he's figured out how to market his shit. A lot of artist can make it... but they have to want to push themselves to that level before a label can want to do it for them.
and this is why i beg fools to send me product and promtional items,...and i still come up empty handed,...why cause fools think they have to blow up in they own back yard on some platitnum chit like all 2.4 million sacramentians will buy chit,.....

i been telling everyone skrewattle is so dam open,....i can name seattle labels that actualy have a a good marketing plan on one hand,.....when t-nutty's chit hit the street,..man i had to turn away a few sales cause i did not have it,....they love sac rap out here,..man i'll tell you who's still selling out here,...
lynch who put sac on the map,..and of all things,..gangsta dre,..gangsta poetry!,...ask me why?

2-4/10 seattleites are transplants from cali and they wanna remind them selfs of home!!!!!!

Mar 18, 2005
SLOWPOKE said:
I AINT GONNA LIE,....NO ONE,....

NOW I WILL SUPORT ANY AND EVERYONE OUT OF SAC,..JUST ON G.P.
BUT WE TALKING GLAM RAP CHIT,..

SO FLOSS CAN YOU GET YOUR EYE BROWS PLUCKED TALK WITH BOW WOW,..

BETO WE GONNA NEED YOU TO WAX YOUR BACK AND BLUK UP ON SOME ROIDS SO YOU NEED TO WORK WITH LL COOL J,

C-DUB WE GONNA HAVE YOU NETWORK WITH SNOOP TO GET THAT SLENDER LOOK,....

YDRESTA,....WELL EVERYONE SAID WHAT THEY WILL SO I'LL LEAVE IT ALONE,..I WISH HIM THE BEST THO

NOW I WOULD EXPECT BEING CALLED A HATER AND BITCHS AND HOES JUST CAUSE I REALLY DONT SEE ANY ONE REALY GOING POP,..AND I MEAN DOING DUETS WITH BROOKE HOGAN, HOWIE MANDEL, PARIS HILLTON, HYDIE FLISE OR USHER,....NOW WITH THAT SAID,..THINK OF ALL THE ARTISTS THAT EVERYONE SAID AND PLACE THEM WITH THESE NAMES,...AND WHAT DO YOU GOT?

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,....

AND TO BRIGE IT OUT EVEN MORE,..THE ONLY ONE THAT I REALLY SEE HAVING ANY KINDA POP APEAL IN NORTHERN CALI IS FABBY DAVIS

CAUSE OF THE REASON WHY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT ONLY GET SIGNED BUT PUSHED HARD IS THOSE THAT CAN BE RECIVED WELL BY BRANDON AND BECKY IN MIDWEST AMERICA AND IF YOU CANT SEE AND EXCEPT THAT THEN YOU HAVE
1. NEVER BEEN OUT OF CALI
2. NEVER BEEN A C.E.O. OF A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR LABEL
3. KNOW WHAT THE HELL "GETTING SIGNED AND GOING MAIN" REALLY MEANS!!
4. JUST WANNA SAY WHO YOU LIKE AND NOT WHAT 28 MILLION OTHER "PAYING" CUSTOMERS REALLY LIKE AND EXECPT

NOW THE GROUPS AND ARTITS MENTIONED BY EVERYONE ELSE ASIDE FROM MYSELF ARE GREAT MUSICAINS/ENETERTAINERS,..AND BY NO MEANS DO I INTEND TO DISS THEM,..BUT I AM LOOKING AT WHAT MIDDLE AMERICA PAYS FOR,..AND THATS WHAT MAINSTREAM IS,..AND ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I LOVE AND RESPECT THOSE GROUPS IS CAUSE THEY ARE NOT MAINED OUT

LET THE BLIND AND DEF HATING OF SLOWPOKE BEGAN,...

Ur going all the way POP tho, we just talking about mainstream, u don't have to be all the way pop to be mainstream, Young Jeezy is mainstream without any popish shit, and there's a whole lot others that don't do popish shit, just industry ready shit. I belive sum artist have the potential, like C-Bo, Bueno, a few others, actually Smigg Dirtee has a remix to a pop song and he sounds real good in it, Cassie Me and U, on his myspace.com/dirteeboy ..
Hollow has a "Industry" Gangsta Flow, Young Bop, there's a few I've heard