did dpg-new york, york put...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2004
did that song put the eastcoast (new york) in its place?

kurupt first verse was ridiculous on a lyrical stand point. folks said the song wasnt a diss, but listen to the beginning of the song where theyre mocking new york by saying "yo god, yo money" etc.

that song pretty much put new york in its place.

Feb 8, 2003
Lets take a trip back to the future wheres teh Delorian?

That song wasn't shit Mobb Deep murdered them niggas on LA LA. They even had the video with the fake DPG getting duck tied and thrown in the trunk

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
That song didn't affect the East Coast (or NYC for that matter) in any way, shape, or form.

I like that song alot (NY NY) but I agree that CNN/Mobb Deeps version was way harder IMO.

Nuttkace

Apr 25, 2002
idea

jaytrees said:

They still aren't playin West Coast music heavy on New York radio and didn't really after either.

that was the point. the west was blowing up in every other market across the country, but NY radio wasn't showin them the respect they felt the were owed.

nothing changed.

Oct 1, 2005
jaytrees said:

kurupt first verse was ridiculous on a lyrical stand point. folks said the song wasnt a diss, but listen to the beginning of the song where theyre mocking new york by saying "yo god, yo money" etc.

The First Verse???.....KuRupt Spits Nothing But Fire On That ENTIRE Song. Gotti Was A Beast On The Mic Back Then

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
can someone lace that 'LA LA' cut please....shit, i'd like to see the video too with thew fake dpg gett'n throw'n in the trunk....

soemone hook it up.....

thanks

Jul 25, 2003
www.brazzers.com
hahahaaha....LA LA was a fucking weak as return track...i had gotten that shyt on tape from my boy when it dropped....to say that they got DPG in that diss is not true..i highly doubt that shyt got any play out here....but i kno kats in new york were mad bout the DPG video..."damn gah they in the video kicking over our buildings and shyt"....like it was real ....hahaha

May 15, 2002
i have a shitty version of the LA LA video

gimme a few and i'll throw it up in sicctunes

i think its Mobb Deep and Capone and maybe someone else - maybe tragedy khadafi

Jun 27, 2003
eastbayrider510 said:
hahahaaha....LA LA was a fucking weak as return track...i had gotten that shyt on tape from my boy when it dropped....to say that they got DPG in that diss is not true..i highly doubt that shyt got any play out here....but i kno kats in new york were mad bout the DPG video..."damn gah they in the video kicking over our buildings and shyt"....like it was real ....hahaha
Yea, Jay said that shit in that Money Cash Hoes song with DMX talkin bout "It's like we all been soft ever since Snoop came thru and crushed the buildings"

I aint never heard that LA LA cut tho. On a sidenote, that whole Westcoast/Eastcoast drama or whatever, NY aint never really spin Westcoast cuts and thus Westcoast cuts aint really in the mainstream, while all the record labels are on the eastcoast. Meanwhile the Westcoast plays Eastcoast joints in the clubs and foos on the West buy Eastcoast shit all the time.

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
DAMN

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN-
YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, I AGREE WITH YA 100%!!!
THAT SONG PUT THE ENTIRE RAP GAME FROM NEW YORK ON COMPLETE LOCKDOWN!!

NEW YORK AIN'T SHIT, THEY NEVER RECOVERED FROM THAT SONG.
NEW YORK DON'T RUN THE RAP GAME AND NEW YORK HASN'T SOLD ONE MUTHAFUCCA ALBUM SINCE THE DPG SONG.

I BEEN TELLIN THESE NIGGAZ FOR YEARSSSSSSSSSSS THAT THE DPG SONG PUT NEW YORK OUT OF COMMISSION.
THEM NEW YORK CATS CAN'T EVEN FUCCIN EAT BECAUSE OF THAT SONG.

DPG RUN THIS RAP GAME!!!

Jaytrees-
YOU OUT YOUR GOTT DAMN MIND.
YOUR ABILITY TO POST RAP CONSPIRACY THEORIES HAS BEEN REVOKED!
BETWEEN THIS THREAD AND YOUR BULLSHIT SOUTH THREAD, YOU NEED TO GET A HOE AND FUCC HER EVERYTIME YOU THINK OF A NEW RAP CONSPIRACY THEORY.

IF YOU NEED A HOE, YOU CAN HAVE ONE OF MINES;