COPWATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Police admit planting evidence

A Huntington Beach police officer's exoneration for planting a loaded gun in a suspect's car has led to the revelation that police routinely plant evidence in unsuspecting civilians' vehicles for training exercises.

Chief Kenneth Small said Friday that police plant contraband - including unloaded weapons, fake drugs and drug paraphernalia - in suspects' vehicles after they're arrested as a method of training new officers in searches.

The training practice came to light Friday after a Huntington Beach man said he learned that an officer who planted a handgun in his car during a traffic stop was exonerated of wrongdoing. Thomas Cox, who was later convicted of traffic and drug violations, said he watched in horror as another officer found the gun in the trunk of his Hyundai, igniting laughter among officers.

more here

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Police break into home, shoot woman's husband to death in drug raid, but no drugs were found.

Lawyer Mitchell Shook says Hooks was shot in the back and head as he was lying face down on the floor during a drug raid by Laurens County deputies.

Shook and Hooks' wife, Teresa took 13WMAZ's Paula Rotondo, step by step through what happened that night.

In September, Laurens County deputies carried a raid at the home of David Hooks.

He was shot at least three times, his lawyer Mitchell Shook says, citing medical records, and reports by the ambulance crew.

Shook says, "The one to the head, and one to the back, face down on the ground in his own dining room, when those two shots of 19 were fired."

Shook says he and others have lots of questions about that night.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
NYPD Cop Says He Was Racially Profiled, Assaulted And Wrongfully Arrested By Other Cops

An NYPD detective believes he was racially profiled when he was attacked by three officers outside a Washington Heights night club two years ago.

In an exclusive interview with PIX11 News, Harold Thomas said he was attacked by fellow officers after a night of partying at La Marina night club in Manhattan with his son and friends.

The detective said the night took a terrible turn when he walked back to his SUV. Two uniformed officers approached him and said the Cadillac Escalade fit the description of a “shots fired” call.

Thomas said he quickly identified himself to the officers.

“I showed them both my ID and said I am Detective Harold Thomas,” he said.

The 28-year veteran detective had an official police plaque in the window of his SUV, his shield and his service weapon, but Thomas said the ordeal was far from over.

“[The third cop] spins me around, slams my head on the roof of my car, made a dent in the car, grabbed me by the seat of my pants, throws me head first.”

Props: Defy and Defy
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

Police aggressively questioned the tearful girlfriend of a young black man they had just shot dead as he held a BB gun in an Ohio supermarket – accusing her of lying, threatening her with jail, and suggesting her boyfriend had planned to shoot the mother of his children.

Tasha Thomas was reduced to swearing on the lives of her relatives that John Crawford III had not been carrying a firearm when they entered the Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, to buy crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars on the evening of 5 August.

“You lie to me and you might be on your way to jail,” detective Rodney Curd told Thomas, as she wept and repeatedly offered to take a lie-detector test. After more than an hour and a half of questioning and statement-taking, Curd finally told Thomas that Crawford, 22, had died.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
SAN JOSE (CBS SF) – A veteran San Jose police officer has been placed on leave after tweets from an account apparently belonging to him were critical and some say threatening to activists involved in the I Can’t Breathe and Black Lives Matter protests.

The tweets from officers Phillip White prompted an avalanche of criticism and calls for his dismissal.

San Jose Police spokeswoman Sgt. Heather Randol issued a statement from Chief Larry Esquivel which said, “It is extremely important for the community to know the comments made on Officer White’s private social media account do not reflect the thoughts or feelings of the men and women here at the San Jose Police Department. Nor do we condone this type of behavior.”

Bay Area News Group reported that White’s off-duty social media posts were under review after they were brought to the department’s attention. Among the provocative statements was the following:
SAN JOSE (CBS SF) – A veteran San Jose police officer has been placed on leave after tweets from an account apparently belonging to him were critical and some say threatening to activists involved in the I Can’t Breathe and Black Lives Matter protests.

The tweets from officers Phillip White prompted an avalanche of criticism and calls for his dismissal.

San Jose Police spokeswoman Sgt. Heather Randol issued a statement from Chief Larry Esquivel which said, “It is extremely important for the community to know the comments made on Officer White’s private social media account do not reflect the thoughts or feelings of the men and women here at the San Jose Police Department. Nor do we condone this type of behavior.”

Bay Area News Group reported that White’s off-duty social media posts were under review after they were brought to the department’s attention. Among the provocative statements was the following:

“Threaten me or my family and I will use my God given and law appointed right and duty to kill you. #CopsLivesMatter.”

BuzzFeed News reported that White had been consistently commenting on the protests stemming from the choking death of Eric Garner and the unarmed shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. The hashtags #ICantBreath and #BlackLivesMatter are closely associated with those protests online. White’s Twitter account has been since taken down.

San Jose Mayor-elect Sam Liccardo released a statement Monday saying the officer’s statements should be thoroughly investigated. “The residents of San Jose need to know that these statements in no way reflects the fine character of our San Jose Police Department or its officers.”

In addition to social media outrage, a Chage.org online petition has received more than 1,700 signatures demanding Officer White’s dismissal.

“The San Jose community is appalled by Officer Phillip White’s threats to protesters through his twitter account. His words, if tolerated, make the notion of positive police-community relations impossible. Every second he has a badge and a gun, our community is at risk. He must be fired,” reads the petition on Change.org.

The Mercury news reports that White is a 20-year-veteran who teaches gang prevention to children as part of his duties. He is also an assistant coach for the Menlo College basketball team.

May 9, 2002
let it be known tho... at the end of the day this is about the punk ass police whether they be white black asian latino india or sri lankan not no white black bullshit pigs hate us all equally

#crimingwhilewhite doesn't seem to fall into that. We can ignore the color line all we want, but minorities are clearly getting it worse. I am a firm believer in that if all things equal during a traffic stop, a black person will get it worse in terms of suspicion than a white person. Every day of the week and 2X on Sunday.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz