chris hicks arrested in chp killing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2003
Seen it on the news just now he was the one suspect arrested at the oakland airport. FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW.. C&H PRODUCED THE LUNIZ AND DRU DOWN BACK IN THE DAYZ

Apr 17, 2003
ok he wasnt aressted he was a witness,i guess he gave the dude a ride or some shit like that and he had nothing to do with the murder of the chp ..if anyone got some info fill us in so i can get the story right.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
ooh shit how weird i was reading about the Luniz and C&H the other day on siccness. and now this.....

By MERRILL BALASSONE
BEE STAFF WRITER

Last Updated: February 20, 2006, 04:31:58 AM PST

Music producer Christopher Hicks, who has platinum records to his name and family ties to law enforcement, says he unwittingly became linked to the suspect in the murder of a CHP officer.
Columbus Jr Allen II, 30, who investigators believe shot 36-year-old California Highway Patrol officer Earl Scott, thought Hicks was a chance at a rap career, Hicks said.

And Allen wound up knocking on Hicks' door Friday morning just hours after Earl was found dead on Highway 99.

The chain of events led to Hicks being arrested as he waited to fly to Houston for the NBA All-Star Game.

Although officials described Hicks as a "material witness," not a suspect, Hicks said people are missing that distinction.

"A lot of people know me and know my name, and this is a definite infliction on my character," he said. "I'm being treated like some sort of cop killer when I didn't know anything about it."

As of Sunday afternoon, Sgt. Mike Parker, a spokesman for the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department, said they had no updates to report on the investigation.

Allen is held without bail in Stanislaus County Jail. He is likely to be arraigned on first-degree murder charges Tuesday or Wednesday. The murder of a peace officer is one of 22 special circumstances in which prosecutors can seek a death sentence.

Hicks, 41, thought Allen had potential as a rapper and recently brought him into his home studio in Stockton for a couple of recording sessions. But Allen didn't quite make the grade to join Hicks' label, C Note Records.

"The guy had talent, so I wasn't going to turn my back," Hicks said Sunday afternoon.

Just before 7 a.m. Friday, Hicks said, he awoke to Allen's pounding on his front door. Allen told Hicks that his car had been stolen in Lathrop, and he needed a ride to a gas station where someone would pick him up.

Hicks said he hadn't turned on the television, where reports were swirling about Scott, found dead near Salida about 4:40 a.m.

On his way to Oakland International Airport with his 15-year-old son, Dajaune, Hicks said, he dropped off Allen in his 1993 Buick Park Avenue at a Stockton gas station. Hicks said police have confiscated his car to search for evidence.

Hicks and his son had planned a trip to Houston for the NBA All-Star Game, where he was to introduce a new rapper on his record label.

Hicks could only speculate that Allen had walked to his front door that morning. Police found the car they believe was involved in the shooting, a 1990 maroon Nissan Maxima registered to Bertera Allen, in a Stockton neighborhood in the early evening.

"I guess I was the closest spot he knew," Hicks said.

At 8:40 a.m., Allen walked into the Stockton Police Department to talk to officers about the shooting, officials said. Stanislaus County sheriff's investigators arrested Allen at 3:30 p.m. on a charge of murder.

After dropping Allen off, Hicks missed his flight to Houston at the Oakland airport, and after four hours of waiting for another flight, he was surrounded by police and dog units.

Hicks said the combination of circumstances — being at the airport and making contact with Allen that morning — depicted Hicks as being more involved than he was.

"It made it seem like I was his accomplice and I was trying to flee or get out of town," Hicks said. "I was just part of this crazy situation I didn't know anything about."

Hicks was arrested on unrelated misdemeanor drug and weapons charges. He was released Saturday night after posting nearly $57,000 bail.

Hicks admitted to keeping a sawed-off shotgun in his house for protection, but disputed that there was evidence of drugs or drug paraphernalia in the house.

At his tidy five-bedroom tract home in Stockton, Hicks pointed out indentations and cracked wood around the front doorknob, where he said deputies kicked the door and took computers and music for evidence while he was being questioned.

Hicks said SWAT teams surrounded his house and investigators interviewed his girlfriend for hours. Hicks didn't shy away from the fact that he knew Allen, but reiterated that the two had met only on occasion.

"I know Columbus Allen; he's not a close friend but he was trying to be a rapper," Hicks said. "I didn't think he could do stuff like that."

On the living room walls, Hicks has a framed plaque for the single "I Got 5 On It," by the rap group Da Luniz that once knocked Michael Jackson off the top of the R&B charts. It's flanked by three gold records, including one by rapper Dru Down.

"I Got 5 On It" features a catchy Kool and the Gang song in the background, overlaid by lyrics that take humorous swipes at using drugs and living in the ghetto.

Hicks has helped produce songs on lucrative movie soundtracks, and when he speaks, three karats worth of diamonds inset in his gold front teeth sparkle. He gestures intently at times but echoes the laid-back undertone of the music he helps create.

Hicks said he was upset at becoming so closely connected to the investigation of Allen and said his phone has been ringing off the hook since Friday.

Hicks said he feels "deep sympathy" for the family of the slain officer. Hicks said his sister is a dispatcher with the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Department and her husband is a deputy.

"It brought tears to my eyes," Hicks said about hearing the news of Scott's death. "God bless the officer's family. I feel very sorry for them."

Bee staff writer Merrill Balassone

Dec 9, 2005
@ZigZag

Thanks for the article !

Off topic: I was in MoTown for the weekend and I went to the mall ....all I gotta say is damn...I never knew there were so many bad bitches out there !!

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
"I Got 5 On It" features a catchy Kool and the Gang song in the background, overlaid by lyrics that take humorous swipes at using drugs and living in the ghetto.
I hate the media, and them not caring enough about FACTUAL EVENTS, to correctly describe the music, but WILL put every negative item in an article that will fit.

May 5, 2005
BETO916 said:
I hate the media, and them not caring enough about FACTUAL EVENTS, to correctly describe the music, but WILL put every negative item in an article that will fit.
What do you expect. They a bunch of dumb ass crackas man.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
yeahthe media is censored by the FCC and the GOVERNMENT.

Notice how the coverage in Iraq is minimal..you only hear about it when an American soldier dies or when there are various casualties.
They show very little footage of the actual violence that occurs in Iraq.

When i watch the spanish Channel(TeleMundo, Galavsion, or Univision) they show graphic material about shit happenin in the U.S. and in other countries. Their censorship is very minimal compared to CNN, Fox News(fuck O'Reily), ACBS or ABC news.

MONEY and AK-47's RULES THE WORLD!
Watch the movie Lord of War (wit Nicholas Cage).