Brooklyn's Finest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 10, 2006
I thought it could have been written a little bit better. The comparison's with Crash and Training Day are real easy to spot. Wasn't too impressed w/ the movie but I had high standards with a cast like that. Either way, it's worth watching, dont think it's worth copping tho.

Cool thing i did like was that the writer was an unknown in show bizz and he gets a major cast like that. Props to that come up.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
i liked the movie....good to see wesley snipes doin something other than blade and runnin from the IRS.....

the ending was predictable minus richard gere coming across all the ho stash spot.....

i liked how they all crossed paths at the end

it reminds me training day mixed with falling down...how gere's character is retiring but does some amazing heroic thing his last day.....oh yeah that shit was fucked how they PD did him when he turned in his gun and badge...no love at all....

Aug 5, 2009
Just came back from seein BK's Finest and I'm glad 2 say that the only thing I didn't like was the ending. It had elements of Crash, The Departed, Fresh, and Traffic but in some places I would sacrficed box office dollars and took a bit more time tightining up things 2 tell a great story.
i don't know about everybody else, but wit all those big names, don cheadle, richard gere, wesley snipes, ethan hawke and so on and so on, plus antoine fuqua in the directing seat and the best they could come up wit is a 'by the numbers could clock onto every plot twist before it happened fed(police) movie' , i don't know man, i was proper dissapointed, that shit was a let down, i mean i ain't really into fed movies full stop anyway, thats just me, but thank god i got this on pirate(bootleg), because to me yeah, this movie is swag(shit) in my book, yes it is, it's cack

Aug 5, 2009
the only thing i didn't like was the ending, something was missing from the end but other than that it was a good movie. Training Day iz a lil better tho.
training day is a classic in my book, just because it was the first time i ever saw denzel play a badman, you get what i'm saying, i didn't think he could play them type of roles before that film, he's a sick actor, plus the plot made sense and it seemed realistic to me, its the only fed film that i could watch lean up(high) and not get vexed about and its the only fed film in my movie collection full stop

Oct 27, 2008
Decent movie. The only thing that saved this from being overly-bland was the casting. Even at that, how many times have we seen Ethan Hawke play a stressed out cop? Dont get me wrong, he's good at it, but I feel like he just walked off the set of one of his other cops movies and right on to this one. And Richard Gere had the same worried look on his face throughout the entire film. Snipes' character was okay but had zero developement. It's always good seeing Don Cheadle, though; I think he is an outstanding actor. Brookly's Finest is nothing entirely new but it was entertaining. The ending wasn't as bad as many people think. More typical than anything else.

I thought Snipes was "freed" but after looking it up he hasn't even gone to jail yet. He was sentenced to three years but is somehow free while he appeals his decisions. Interesting.
fuck yeah he is. i could have just quoted that 1 line, but the rest of the post was way too on point to just throw it to the side.

Oct 27, 2008
its the only fed film that i could watch lean up(high) and not get vexed about and its the only fed film in my movie collection full stop
i've seen you do this several times, but--- why dont you just use the american terms on here if you know them?? instead of constantly using the UK terms followed by the american meaning in parenthesis?? whats the point?

Aug 5, 2009
i've seen you do this several times, but--- why dont you just use the american terms on here if you know them?? instead of constantly using the UK terms followed by the american meaning in parenthesis?? whats the point?
because i type faster the way i talk, i just proof read after and i know heads won't know what i'm talking about, so i add the translation after