best album in 1996

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
Yall gone H8 this..

miggidy said:
It was a very good year for gangsta rap.
I'll pick
Master P - The Ice Cream Man....
I 2nd that....

Al-Kaholik said:
could practically bump that shit straight through...the production was just too sick.
Sick as fuck...

miggidy said:

That cd didn't come out my cd player for a full year....
That Cd is still in my changer in the year 2003.

Purebred Hogg said:

I thought "The Ghettos Tryin To Kill Me"(the original...not the re-release) was his best work by FAAAAAAAR....
I agree with you too mane..

Aug 18, 2002
SOAK::GAME said:

u crazy fo that one.... i bought that 3 weeks after it came out and i still listen to it... how long has it been, 7 years?

I pulled it off the shelf to give it another chance but just wasn't feelin it still....it's just one of those cd's that could never grow on me. I guess I'm in the minority on this one....to each his own.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
Cranky said:

1995....that shit is classic....I still remember watchin' the "Mobbin' Through My Hood" video on The Box.....
yeah, that video is tight. Mobbin' Through My Hood is probably my favorite track on that cd

Feb 19, 2003
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (drumroll...)

11/5--A-1 Yola (as classic as FIENDIN 4 THA FUNK..."When I be all alone and gettin' blunted, all I think about is...")

Celly Cel--Killa Kali (Still his best. "Funk Season" was my jam...)

OutKast--ATLiens (they take you to another world...)

2PAC--All Eyez On Me (all his styles came together well).

B-Legit--The Hemp Museum (Dope slang, banging beats..."Neva bite the hand that feeds ya...").

San Quinn--The Hustle Continues (took a while to grow on me, but once it did...)

Master P--Ice Cream Man (THE GHETTO'S TRYIN' TO KILL ME is his all-time best, but P was still pretty hard on this one---this was before he started imitating 2Pac...)

Mac Mall--Untouchable (proves that you CAN sign to a major and still be as dope as you were when you were underground..."Let's get a telly and don't tell nobody...")

E-40--The Hall of Game (not as consistant as IN A MAJOR WAY, but 85 to 90% of this was dope, IMHO).

Westside Connection--Bow Down (it's dated, but worth it to hear Cube, Mack and WC stand up for West Coast Rap's right to exist. Yup, B-Real DOES "sound like he got baby nuts!" LMFAO!!!).

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

MC Ren--Da Villain in Black--all REN CDs are dope, but this one has some of his best production (from Cold 187um!)

Silkk--"The Shocker"--SILKK actually sounded cool on this (he was still flowing fast and not yet screaming, as he annoyingly did on No Limit CDs from '97 and thereafter). Hard, Bay-ish production, too (well, maybe not on "No Limit Party" but otherwise...)

PEACE!

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
sav-man said:
Silkk--"The Shocker"--SILKK actually sounded cool on this (he was still flowing fast and not yet screaming, as he annoyingly did on No Limit CDs from '97 and thereafter). Hard, Bay-ish production, too (well, maybe not on "No Limit Party" but otherwise...)
yeah, that album is tight . The Shocker is a tight song

Dec 2, 2002
96' favorites:
i can't believe no one put, "Dru Down - Can You Feel Me"!!!!
or "X Raided - Xorcist"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master P - Ice Cream Man
Mac Mall - Untouchable
Gangsta Blac - Can It Be?
Richie Rich - Seasoned Veteran
2pac - All Eyez On Me
Makaveli - Killuminati 7 Day Theory
Young Lay - Black N Dangerous
Dubee AKA Sugawolf

and i'm sure there are more.....