Belfort out against Anderson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
Chael Sonnen, if he gets cleared is going to step in.

Only problem, is according to NSAC, he isn't even cleared to spar until 3/24, let alone fight. Ummm...that's kind of a problem.

What a bummer. Fucking injuries man. Stupid bones, why must you be some damn vulnerable.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Shoulder injury forces Vitor Belfort out of UFC 112 title fight with Anderson Silva

UFC 112's fight card isn't as "Invincible" as its event name may suggest.

Vitor Belfort (19-8 MMA, 8-4 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a scheduled main-event title fight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva (25-4 MMA, 10-0 UFC) at the April 10 event, which takes place at Concert Arena at the Ferrari World theme park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

The Brazil-based Web site Tatame first reported the news, which was subsequently confirmed by Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole.

The Tatame report stated Belfort hurt his shoulder in training and will not be able to recover in time for the fight. Jayme Sandall, Belfort's trainer, stated that Belfort had been unable to use his injured arm in practice.

Iole subsequently confirmed the injury with UFC president Dana White via his Twitter account.

Sources told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Belfort was scheduled to train in the U.S. beginning next week as part of a video shoot for Spike TV's "Countdown to UFC 112" preview show.

The former UFC light heavyweight champion and UFC heavyweight tournament champion made a forceful announcement of his octagon return this past September when he stopped former middleweight champ Rich Franklin in the main event of UFC 103. Belfort served a four-year stint outside the promotion after back-to-back losses against Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz at UFC 49 and UFC 51, respectively.

While many in the MMA industry — including Silva, his former training partner — were up in arms about Belfort's quickstep to title contention, the Brazilian said he is just doing his job.

Meanwhile, sources from Silva's camp told MMAjunkie.com that as of Thursday afternoon they had heard no official word on Belfort's withdrawal and are waiting for confirmation from UFC officials.

Silva, a six-time UFC champion, told Tatame he isn't aware of any change in the card and is training as if the fight is still on.

Stay tuned to MMAjunkie.com for more on this story as it develops.

Sep 22, 2007
Chael Sonnen, if he gets cleared is going to step in.

Only problem, is according to NSAC, he isn't even cleared to spar until 3/24, let alone fight. Ummm...that's kind of a problem.

What a bummer. Fucking injuries man. Stupid bones, why must you be some damn vulnerable.
It's never the tomatoes that get injured either. It's always the Main Eventers. Damn you healthy cans.

May 17, 2004
marquardt should have had the title fight to begin with. now because he lost they are fucked. i wouldnt doubt they have anderson fight someone at 205 for that main event. still plenty of time to find a good opponent.

May 17, 2004
TBH that fight he had with Chael proved he wasn't ready for a rematch.
i dont think that. that was a completely different kind of fight. i dont see anderson silva taking down nate and just grinding out a decision. i think they would have stood and traded the entire fight.

it was a dumb fight to begin with really. nate had nothing to gain. if meia and nate hadnt fought each other i think thats 2 opponents for silva right there. but since now each one has lost its out of the question.