Bay Area rap has fallen off as of late!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
thats real talk besides Ya boy,messy marv, e40 mistah fab and matt blaque nothing lately has dropped thats hott.i just havent been impressed. nobody new has hit the scene nobody is making the crossover to the mainstream its like since hyphy died so did the songs from bay cats on the radio.

whos killin the game in my opinion right now
ludacris
young jeezy
jay-z
the game
t.i

nobody else is worth buying there cd. real talk

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
You just ain't listening to the right shit, move on from these artists you listed and open up to others. Don't worry about the radio, it's set to please 14 year old girls, not rap/hip hop fans.

Apr 7, 2004
You just ain't listening to the right shit, move on from these artists you listed and open up to others. Don't worry about the radio, it's set to please 14 year old girls, not rap/hip hop fans.
I wouldn't agree with that. You are right about the radio though. I've been feeling the same way and the cats that have the music to blow there not getting no radio play out hear. Maybe 5 plays a week if that wtf. Only songs with a chance in the bay right now that I have heard would be that superman track by prohozak,and Getting Money allday by Evenodds and big rich. A lot of cats have fail of nothing wrong with not haven't it any more. Your still respected like a boxer.

Nov 14, 2002

ludacris
young jeezy
jay-z
the game
t.i

LUDA new album aint that good...imo..

after hearing that "my president is black" song i dont even wanna hear young jezzy.that song is kinda disturbing to me.

JAY Z time left after the black album.his albums after that are not good...imo..

THE GAME is still holding on with a few good songs on his new album but overall its not a good album.

T.I is good but he seem like he got real soft after the gun charge.looks like the system got a hand up his ass and controlling him.

right now i not impressed with nothing.creativity in hiphop is at a all time low.i find myself looking for music that has a 90s feel cause music with a 2000 sound feels swallow and hollow.

Apr 7, 2004
Feel the same way about T.I........

Question : what is your feed back on Krypto? What do you like and what could we do to better our self's in your opinion?

krypto is dope but I put him in the same lane as Curren$y,B.O.B,wale You know them rappers that actually still rap about something other then cars and chains and it sounds good. All he need is a hit just like them to bring they ass from underground

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
thats real talk besides Ya boy,messy marv, e40 mistah fab and matt blaque nothing lately has dropped thats hott.i just havent been impressed. nobody new has hit the scene nobody is making the crossover to the mainstream its like since hyphy died so did the songs from bay cats on the radio.

ludacris
young jeezy
jay-z
the game
t.i

1) fuck the radio.

2) Jeezy's last album was weakk... but Put On was the hottest single last year

3) Jay-Z's & Game have been alright...but nothing special.

4) Ya Boy aint even dropped an album since 05... Messy Marv seems like a confused individual who needs to drop a complete album instead of spreading out nice songs on 10 different projects... F.A.B. has been everywhere but hasn't had a hot single in forever....matt blaque has been on some nice tracks though.

5) Listen to some livewire & quinn and jacka when he drops his solo.

6) someone who got hella money...start a radio station that has a 4 hour daily show that plays nothing but Bay Area music.

Feb 24, 2006
Without Hitman , Mr cee . Mac Dre , Cougnut , Double D , Seagram , Freako , ill even add 2pac ,we've lost our frontline to the streets the bay area rap game died when mac dre died he was the last one left the creativity isnt there no more ,cause the mothafuckers that had skills is gone we left with this watered down rap scene , everyones a rapper now an is the hot shit .90 % of the game is garbage fans need to go back to bein fans an let the rappers rap !

Feb 24, 2007
Without Hitman , Mr cee . Mac Dre , Cougnut , Double D , Seagram , Freako , ill even add 2pac ,we've lost our frontline to the streets the bay area rap game died when mac dre died he was the last one left the creativity isnt there no more ,cause the mothafuckers that had skills is gone we left with this watered down rap scene , everyones a rapper now an is the hot shit .90 % of the game is garbage fans need to go back to bein fans an let the rappers rap !
I COMPLETELY CO-SIGN THE LAST 3 LINES OF THIS STATEMENT.

MU FUCKAS NEED TO PLAY THIER POSITIONS.
ITS LIKE CATS IS AFRAID TO SAY THIER FANS. MAN THEYRE SO MANY ROLLS YOU CAN PLAY IN THIS GAME BESIDES BEING FRONTLINE. LIKE PRODUCERS, PROMOTERS. STREET TEAM. RADIO PERSONALITY. COORDINATERS. (((((((((((((MANAGERS))))))))))))) INTERNET PROMOTIONS. GRAPHIC DESIGNER, STUDIO ENGINEER, AUDIO ENGINEER FOR CONCERTS, DISTROBUTER, ECT..... THATS JUST TO NAME A FEW.

ALOT OF MUTHA FUCKAS SUK. MAN WEN U WATCH A GOOD FOOTBALL GAME FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE AFTERWARDS THEY GET HYPED AND PLAY MADDEN OR PIK UP THE BALL AND GO TO THE PARK. THEY WATCH A BOXING MATCH OR A FIGHT, AND NOW THEY FEEL LIKE FIGHTING. PLAY FIGHTING WRESTLING AROUND. ECT.... BUT MUTHA FUCKAS HEAR DOPE SONGS. AND WRITE A RYHME AND NOW THEY THINK THEY A REAL RAP ARTIST. LEAVE THAT SHIT ALONE..

MAN IM GOIN HARD FOR MINE. AND FINNA JUST GO HARDER.

IM TELLING YALL. FUCK ALL THESE MOVEMENTS. MAN THE ONLY MOVEMENT THATS GONNA SAVE THIS GAME IS THE "GIVE IT UP" MOVMENT
STEP IT UP OR GIVE IT UP. ALOT OF U MUTHA FUCKAS NEED TO JUST GIVE THE FUK UP.. THIS RAPPIN SHIT JUST AINT U.

PS. I WILL GAS ON YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER.

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
7) People who suck aren't gonna stop trying anytime soon, get over it.

8) Complaining online aint gonna fix shit. Do something more constructive...like invest your money in someone who can actually rap if it means that much to you.

9) There's enough good music out there if you're patient enough to sort out the weak shit.

10) Fuck all these movements

11) http://www.thebayisback.com

Feb 24, 2007
7) People who suck aren't gonna stop trying anytime soon, get over it.

8) Complaining online aint gonna fix shit. Do something more constructive...like invest your money in someone who can actually rap if it means that much to you.

9) There's enough good music out there if you're patient enough to sort out the weak shit.

10) Fuck all these movements

11) http://www.thebayisback.com
watsgood.. i feel that these statements were adressing what i wrote.
so imma reply to it.

%99.9 of all artist who suck.. dont know they suck. cuz they circle around them be gassin em, and no ones ever kept it solid with them

aint nobody complaining. its a forum. thats what mu fuckas do is discuss shit. i invest my money in me. and i actually can rap. and it does mean that much to me. well enuff to speak on it atleast,

there inst enuff "NEW" GOOD MUSIC COMIN OUT. and yeah if you sort threw it over the past few years theres a bunch of dope shit that came out the bay.

and that give it up shit. isnt a real movement. i have no idea why u would take it as one.

and lastly

www.thebayisback.com

good lookin out on the support you've shown thus far wit ur blogsite

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
so imma reply to it.

%99.9 of all artist who suck.. dont know they suck. cuz they circle around them be gassin em, and no ones ever kept it solid with them

aint nobody complaining. its a forum. thats what mu fuckas do is discuss shit. i invest my money in me. and i actually can rap. and it does mean that much to me. well enuff to speak on it atleast,

there inst enuff "NEW" GOOD MUSIC COMIN OUT. and yeah if you sort threw it over the past few years theres a bunch of dope shit that came out the bay.

and that give it up shit. isnt a real movement. i have no idea why u would take it as one.

and lastly

www.thebayisback.com

Seems to me it was addressed to the topic creator.

Apr 7, 2004
so imma reply to it.

and lastly

www.thebayisback.com

I just went on your myspace dude.... Your circle might be putting some of that gas in your tank. Your not garbage so don't think Im trying to say that but your not the best thing going neither. You sound just like every other cat thats coming out. Is that a problem? According to you yes it is a problem because you said these same people need to be fans and stop rapping. Im sure your not going to and I wish you the best cause we all are trying to reach for the same dream. On side note the music industry doesn't care if you suck or not. They want to know 2 things can you sale and can you make hit songs. That vice president at in a minute records don't care what hood,what gang you from,or about your struggle. He want's money and artist need to sale records to bring in money.
T.I,Lil'wayne,Ludacris,Young jezzy,Plies,Fab(New York),etc. All these cats fall in one bracket. They all can sale 500,000 records. It may take longer for some but they get it done. They make hit records do we like most of these songs probably not. But America does and America is not on siccness.net