Bass Boost?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
As far as organizing plugins into separate columns or groups. Sonar 7 by Cakewalk does this. I used to use Sonar but ever since I got my hands on Pro Tools I won't be going back anytime soon. Pro Tools does a decent job of putting them into the right categories like dynamics, delay, modulation etc. And ooooooo yes I know the pain of the Wave Shells lol. I'll usually check my Email while I'm waiting lol.
I can't stand Sonar's layout. I used it for awhile when Sonar 7 came out, but I just couldn't get into it. It's really Cubase SX 3 (Composing/Midi Sequencing/Arranging) and then Pro Tools (Audio Recording/Post Production) all day for me.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yeah that's some dope shit right there.

Lately, I've been using a lot of PSP Vintage Warmer2. Shit is so dope and easy to use. I just drop it in my master and mix the rest of my shit around it.

The BBE D82 Sonic Maximizer plugin is pretty nice as well to give presence in your lows and highs.
^ I just got the BBE D82 SM. It's clean!

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Yeah, that's exactly what I hate about the wave shells, they take too damn long to load and they take extra CPU to run. Their bullshit.

As far as organizing plugins, I know you don't use it, but FL Studio is pretty damn good at plugin management. It's the fastest and most efficient one I've used so far. First of all it just simply scans for .dll file names in the VST directly, it doesn't scan/load/verify like other DAWs do which takes so damn long and sometimes causes crashes or hangs. So in that regard, it's super fast and stable when searching for new plugins that you just added. And other than that, you can select which ones you want visible in your list and it sorts them alphabetical of course by .dll name.
I got started on FL Studio, way back. It was the first DAW I used other than Cubase. I enjoyed it, it's easy to learn, I like that you can add/create Skins for it, it's a cool DAW. I just don't like the Playlist and some of the Terminology the program uses. If it had a standard sequencer, I think it would be a lot better and more appealing. But, it doesn't matter what you use, it's how you use it, so more power to you. A good example is 9TH Wonder. He uses FL Studio to Compose Beats. So, that just proves the point. Again, I hate the Playlist feature. It needs a standard sequencer, with the option to add MIDI/Intrument/Audio/FX/Master tracks. The Step Sequencer should also just be a Plugin. To add to one of these tracks. And then use. It also needs better MIDI Editing IMO. I really like to tweak my MIDI when Composing and Cubase and PT allow me to do so.

What I like about my Wav Editor Sound Forge 9, is that I can actually Re-Name my plugins to whatever I want. I wish DAWS allowed this.

kevp

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2004
The punch on a kick is usually at 60Khz -64Khz and bass can be generated on anything in between depending on what instruments you use in your production.

I didn't read through the whole thread...so I don't know if anybody else pointed it out but

The human ear can only hear up to around 20 Khz.