AFFLICTION Trilogy Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnett

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

"The Last Russian Emperor" vs "The Babyfaced Assassin"

• Fedor Emelianenko Via Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Barnett Via TKO

• Josh Barnett Via Submission

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 3, 2005
Barnett tested positive for a banned substance, the fight is off? they are supposedly wanting Boby Lashley or Vitor Belfort to jump in on short notice? lol the affliction ship is sinking. I would like to see crazy ass Snowman fight him even if he would get murdered. I seen Jeff at the airport a month ago or so

Feb 12, 2004
Wow dude everyone i'm going with to the affliction event is pissed. Don't be surprised to hear Barnett got jumped at the bar or something by 5 latino men and 1 big ass white boy lol jk but no really tho!!

Jan 2, 2004
I doubt they'll pay werdum for the fight. It'll probably be belfort because he's a former ufc champion (at light heavy lol) and they'll market it that way. Even though he's currently a middleweight. Plus they're not gonna want to pick up big contracts since they probably know that this is it for them. They'll shuffle things around the card and not really add salary.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Attencio said Josh is taking another test today. And they're negotiating with 3 fighters but he isn't saying anything more until Josh's test comes back and they finalize a deal. I'm guessing it's Vitor, Werdum and Rogers

Feb 12, 2004
Attencio said Josh is taking another test today. And they're negotiating with 3 fighters but he isn't saying anything more until Josh's test comes back and they finalize a deal. I'm guessing it's Vitor, Werdum and Rogers
Where did you hear this? Sounds like theres a chance Fedor vs Josh might still happen!!

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
"This is a complete surprise to us. If the results stand, we are deeply disappointed. We're very confident in getting a worthy opponent. I'm in the negotating period with a few fighters. We'll put on the best fight possible and make sure the match lives up to Affliction's standards.
At this point, the CSAC has taken 2 samples and are in the process of checking the second sample.

Right now, I've got 3 people I'm speaking with. Until I have a contract in hand and finalized, I'm not going to say anything. It doesn't make sense for me to get anyone's hopes up. It's just another bump in the road and I'm not worried about it.

Fedor is open to fight anybody. He's the number one fighter in the owrld for a reason. He's not going to back down from anybody. He was fighting Josh Barnett, now we've run into a snag, and we're correcting that. We put on the best fight possible for the fans. I have to go back to the drawing board and finalize that.

I haven't spoken with Josh. I did speak with his manager. They're making sure the second sample's being tested. That's where we're at at this point.

I always talk to all my partners and keep them updated. We're working it out. This is business, this is life. This is something where you take lemons and make lemonade.

I work with Strikeforce. We share fighters so I'm talking to them. UFC's never been in the loop with us. Anyone that knows our history knows that they're not willing to work with us.

There's a lot of fighters out there. I have every single name. I'm considering who's presented to me. I want to make sure I give a fight that's worthy for our event and our fans.

Until you hear it from me, until I have a contract signed, (possible fights) are rumors. Until you hear it from my voice, it's not finalized. Until I get the contract, nothing is done until you hear it from me. It's all hearsay and rumor. It's all people trying to get what they want.

If it (second sample) comes back positive, that's on him. It doesn't affect me.

I'm definitely moving ahead. I have to move ahead. There are always two samples given. He's not submitting a second sample. The CSAC is testing the second sample. If he (Josh Barnett) is cleared, that's great. If not, I'll get the best opponent possible. I need to get past this bump in the road.

It's my understanding that there's a great possibility that they'lll reinstate his license, but that's in the hands of the CSAC.

When I spoke to the CSAC, I was caught off guard. They told me it was a banned substance. You'd have to speak with Josh Barnett about it to find out. I have no clue what it was. They told me he was not cleared and it was banned substance. That's between them and Josh.

This isn't the first bump in the road I've encountered in life, business or anything. It's really that easy.

I've always said that I'll do three shows and reevaluate. As soon as I'm done with this show, I'll announce what we'll get done for the rest of the year.

I don't think I'd be in the position that I am if I'm frustrated that easily. They tested him and it takes three weeks for results to come back.

There's no consideration for postponing the event. I'm just trying to finalize an opponent for Fedor.

No matter what I do, I'm always going to be criticized. I can't make everyone happy. I'm going to sit down with my partners an figure out what's the best match up at this point. At the end of the day, I put on quality fights. This card is unbelievably stacked and sells itself. We're going to get back this.

http://thenhbshow.com/exclusive-nhb-show-news/affliction-trilogy-conference-call-notes.html

Feb 7, 2006
Barnett Positive for Steroid, Denied License

he California State Athletic Commission has denied Josh Barnett a license because he tested positive for an anabolic steroid, the CSAC said in a statement Wednesday.

Barnett’s June 25 drug test was positive for 2a-methyl-5a-androstan-3a-ol-17-one, said the CSAC, which learned of the results Tuesday and informed promoters Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global that Barnett’s Aug. 1 fight against Fedor Emelianenko would not be approved.

The CSAC said Barnett’s test was “observed in the presence of a CSAC representative and the sample was sent to the World Anti-doping Agency test facility” at UCLA.

Barnett can appeal the denial of his license. He has not responded to Sherdog.com’s requests for comment.

Feb 7, 2006
Josh does have a good relationship with Sengoku but if He does fight for them you better believe he will be tested there. As far as Dream maybe but I don't see him going there anytime soon.

Feb 7, 2006
Fabricio Werdum, Brett Rogers ruled out of "Affliction: Trilogy" bout with Fedor Emelianenko

While the MMA world still waits to hear who will step in on short notice and face the world's No. 1 heavyweight fighter, two names have been officially scratched from the short list of possibilities.

Strikeforce Director of Communications Mike Afromowitz told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) his organization's heavyweight fighters Fabricio Werdum and Brett Rogers will not be facing Fedor Emelianenko in the main event of "Affliction: Trilogy" on Aug. 1.

Affliction is currently searching for a replacement for Josh Barnett, who was originally scheduled to face Emelianenko but was pulled from the bout after reportedly failing a California State Athletic Commission-administered drug test.

"It's safe to say neither Fabricio or Brett will be fighting on Aug. 1," Afromowitz said. "The plan is still for Fabricio to fight on Aug. 15, and we hope to have an opponent named soon.

"As for Brett, nothing is finalized, but he won't be fighting on Aug. 1."

At a media call addressing the situation held earlier today, Affliction vice resident Tom Atencio had mentioned he was open to working with Strikeforce to seek a replacement for Barnett. The comment fueled speculation that either Werdum or Rogers would take the fight.

The current leading candidate to face Emelianenko appears to be middleweight Vitor Belfort. MMAjunkie.com first reported Wednesday morning that a verbal agreement was in place for the contest, and The Fight Network has since reported a deal has been signed by "The Phenom."

During today's media call, Atencio said nothing should be considered official until he makes an announcement.

"Until you hear it from me, until I have a contract signed, they're all rumors," Atencio told MMAjunkie.com. "It's everybody trying to come out and get their moment in the sun. But until you absolutely hear it from my voice, from me, it's not finalized.

"Until I have a contract, you're not going to hear anything from me. It's pretty cut and dry."

Jan 2, 2004
Josh does have a good relationship with Sengoku but if He does fight for them you better believe he will be tested there. As far as Dream maybe but I don't see him going there anytime soon.
He'll fight there if there's nowhere else to go.. Isn't this his second or third positive in America. I think he's banned here now probably. And unless fedor signs with the ufc, a barnett fight in dream is his only real big fight outside. Unless he goes to strikeforce and rips apart there three or four deep heavyweight division.

Feb 7, 2006
He'll fight there if there's nowhere else to go.. Isn't this his second or third positive in America. I think he's banned here now probably. And unless fedor signs with the ufc, a barnett fight in dream is his only real big fight outside. Unless he goes to strikeforce and rips apart there three or four deep heavyweight division.
He still has a contract with Sengoku so I don't expect him to sign with Dream and ruin his relationship with Sengoku espescilly since they have been treating him well. No it's his Second. no formal suspention date or fine have been announced yet.