AFFLICTION Trilogy Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnett

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

"The Last Russian Emperor" vs "The Babyfaced Assassin"

• Fedor Emelianenko Via Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Barnett Via TKO

• Josh Barnett Via Submission

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 7, 2006
Fedor v. Barnett
August 1st
Honda Center Anahiem Ca
9pm ET 6pm PT

Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnett 5 round WAMMA Heavyweight title match

Josh Barnett
"The Babyfaced Assassin"
6'3"
250lbs
24-5-0
Association: CSW
Strenghths: Submission Wrestling, Good Ground n Pound skills, Ko ability
Last 3 Wins: Gilbert Yvel, Pedro Rizzo, Jeff Monson
Last 3 Losses: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mirko Filipovic, Pedro Rizzo

Fedor Emelianenko
"The Last Russian Emperor"
6'0"
233lbs
30-1-0
Association: Red Devil Sport Club
Strengths: Good Ground n Pound, Ko Power, Submission Skills, Sambo background
Last 3 Wins: Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, Hong Man Choi
Only Loss: Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

Feb 7, 2006
Fedor: Barnett is "Dangerous"

Even under his restrained façade, Fedor Emelianenko can’t hide the acknowledgment that one of his biggest career challenges lies directly ahead.

Emelianenko finally meets Josh Barnett in the main event at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The bout, which has been requested by fans since both fighters rose to divisional prominence in Pride Fighting Championships a couple of years ago, pairs Sherdog.com’s No. 1 and No. 2 world-ranked heavyweights against one another in a five-round contest. It will also be Emelianenko’s sixth test against a former UFC champion, and one he says he won’t take lightly.

"The thing about Josh is that even though he may not be as well technically in certain areas, he really makes up for it with his strengths and with his patience and with his abilities," Emelianenko told Sherdog.com News Editor Loretta Hunt in an exclusive video interview. "The fact is he’s definitely up there as one of the most dangerous fighters I’ve ever been in the ring with."

In the wake of his commanding victories over Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski, the 32-year-old Emelianenko (30-1, 1 NC) discusses how his friendship with Barnett (24-5) will effect his course of action and what he saw in the American’s January win over Gilbert Yvel that will help mold his training for their August showdown.

videolink: http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fedor-barnett-is-quotdangerousquot-17995

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Fedor training for the fight, with Aleks, wearing Barnett's signature Affliction shirt lol

good to see they're training together again. Aleks was destroying Josh on the feet so it looks like Fedor will have even more of an edge now.

Feb 7, 2006
Affliction: Trilogy Betting Odds:

- Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) -310 vs. Josh Barnett (24-5) +250
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral (32-8) -170 vs. Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) +140
- Vitor Belfort (18-8) -200 vs. Jorge Santiago (21-7) +160

Feb 7, 2006
Interview With An Assassin: Barnett Prepares For Fedor

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Josh Barnett is the most underrated heavyweight fighter in the world. The Baby-Faced Assassin most recently made mincemeat out of Dutch kickboxer Gilbert Yvel at Affliction: Day of Reckoning this past January. The former UFC Heavyweight title holder is on a four-fight winning streak and holds a stunning MMA record of 24-5. His opponent, however, hasn’t lost a fight since the year 2000. In what will undoubtedly be his most difficult fight to date, Barnett will be facing the one and only Fedor Emelianenko for the WAMMA Heavyweight Championship this August 1st at Affliction: Trilogy.

Yael Grauer: How does it feel to go up against somebody who almost everybody thinks you’re going to lose to?

Josh Barnett: You know what? I don’t care, because there’s plenty of times I’ve fought people where everybody thought I was going to win. It’s not what everybody thinks. It’s not what anybody thinks other than myself. And if you approach a fight with the mentality that oh, you’re gonna lose or “oh, I’ve got this in the bag,” or anything other than taking it as serious as possible and considering every aspect, every part of that fight to be possibly the hardest one you’re ever going to have… then you’re just asking not to perform to your ability. And when that happens then someone who shouldn’t have beat you might have their night and now you’re looking like an idiot.

YG: What do you think you can do in fighting Fedor that nobody else has been able to do?

JB: Win.

YG: How? What are you going to do differently?

JB: For one, I’m not scared. So many other people get in the ring and clearly they’re scared. Two, I’ve got the skill set required at any aspect where I can win the fight. I believe in it. I’m not going in there thinking I’ve got to do one thing or the other. I know when opportunities are there I can take them and win, and I believe in what I’m doing.

YG: How do you feel about your last fight? Was there anything you think you needed to work on or that could’ve gone better?

JB: Well, yeah, it could’ve gone a lot better. I’m not very satisfied with my last fight at all, but I know the reasons why I didn’t perform up to my expectations at least. And Gilbert was a really really really tough guy so I’ll definitely give that to him. I should’ve had that fight finished in the first round, but I had a lot of stuff going on as happens to anybody at any point and I had to work through it and do the best I could and show up and fight.

YG: What kind of stuff did you have going on?

JB: You know what? If I talk about it, I’m making excuses and I’m not looking for that. I know I can do better and that’s where it’s at.

YG: If you win, are you planning on signing to the UFC afterwards?

JB: I don’t have any plans on anything. The only plan I have is going to my afterparty and having a hell of a time, listen to my buddies in Internal Corrosion play some brutal metal, drinking, getting stupid, hanging out with Shayna and Ginele and all my other friends and my family. That’s all I care about once the fight is over with. Everything else will sort itself out in time, but that stuff is a whole different battle altogether. You don’t just sign with anybody, you have to work out all the details and believe me, they don’t just sign people. You have to work out all the details. No matter who it is.

YG: Anything else about your strategy for your fight coming up?

JB: Be in shape, be mean and take it to him.

YG: That’s it?

JB: I’ve been fighting long enough. If I don’t know what the hell I need to do to go out there and win or what it takes by now to win a fight then I am in the wrong business.

Jul 15, 2002
www.dankmobb.com
Affliction: Trilogy Betting Odds:

- Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) -310 vs. Josh Barnett (24-5) +250
- Renato "Babalu" Sobral (32-8) -170 vs. Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) +140
- Vitor Belfort (18-8) -200 vs. Jorge Santiago (21-7) +160

wouldn't be bad to sprinkle a little on all 3 of them underdogs

I think if anyone can defeat fedor it can be barnett, but im pulling for fedor.