A REASON WHY BAY MUSIC ISN'T NATIONALLY POPULAR

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
The way WE dance here in The Bay to OUR music has NOTHING to do with how popular Bay music is outside of The Bay.

I think that Bay music has mostly been for us, by us...

Apr 13, 2005
YOu are off on this one

The same thing was happening in the south when crunk started getting popular in the late 90's early 2000's and it actually helped the music blow. As much as its not gangsta, specific dances and routines are part of hip-hop. brawds and dudes crip walkin together didnt seem to hurt LA blowin up so why should thizzin or what not hurt us. Shit when we blew up back in 95 muhfuckas was doin the click dance, gettin low, doin the brookfield etc. and that shit didnt hurt us at all. Our individuality helps us.

djgo said:
people are not really dancing... i think this hyphy shit is making us look gay... literally... girls aint really shakin their ass anymore at clubs when a bay song comes on... instead they do the thizz dance with the thizz face and move their hands and fingers like wtf.... and to top that off, they see their man dancing stupid with other guys in a circle right next to them... and i dont know... this is what i notice at clubs ever since "hyphy" and "thizz" became popular here in the bay... i know down south has crunk... but they have salt shakers and freek a leeks to balance it out... can we please make something for girls to get down to??? how do u think annoying reggaeton and 50 cent got popular??? i wanna hear more songs like "hoes in here" in 2006... just a thought... agree or disagree all you want... it's my opinion

Dec 17, 2004
djgo said:
people are not really dancing... i think this hyphy shit is making us look gay... literally... girls aint really shakin their ass anymore at clubs when a bay song comes on... instead they do the thizz dance with the thizz face and move their hands and fingers like wtf.... and to top that off, they see their man dancing stupid with other guys in a circle right next to them... and i dont know... this is what i notice at clubs ever since "hyphy" and "thizz" became popular here in the bay... i know down south has crunk... but they have salt shakers and freek a leeks to balance it out... can we please make something for girls to get down to??? how do u think annoying reggaeton and 50 cent got popular??? i wanna hear more songs like "hoes in here" in 2006... just a thought... agree or disagree all you want... it's my opinion
i see waht youre saying, but from what ive noticed here in san diego, its more of a co-ed thing rather than just a guys dancing together. at the clubs down here theres always all these sub groups of like 10 guys and girls all getting "hyphy", (though really its just an urban/ethnic version of a mosh pit). but if anything i dont think thats a bad thing, as time goes by, more and more ppl love dancing in these big groups down here - and san diego isnt the bay. and i personally dont think its gay. i think guys look more gay when theyre all moving thier hips on a girl dancing like girls themselves (like in the game is thick dvd - looking like gay blades). but i guess thats just a matter of opinion

as far as why the bay hasnt blown up, cause record execs arent interested yet. its not the quality of music that matters, just what a certain big time exec wants to push. the whole bay hyphy hip hop style is not all that different than the mainstream hip hop going on now. its just simple, mindless catchy teeny bopper music. im sorry, but keak da sneak is not all that better than any other rapper on bet or mtv. so when diddy or jay z or russel simmons or somebody with that power decide they wanna put money into the bay area rap scene, then your guys' dream will come true and ppl will be dancing like gophers all across america

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
I agree Sophisticated Bitches Dont like that Hyphy shit its some young shit really. im wit the movement but personally dont lke the dancing part of it all that going dumb shit be fuckin up a nigga force one's! lol but for the majority frisco niggas dont do it its real an east bay thing

Dec 31, 2005
Done Deal Ceo said:
I agree Sophisticated Bitches Dont like that Hyphy shit its some young shit really. im wit the movement but personally dont lke the dancing part of it all that going dumb shit be fuckin up a nigga force one's! lol but for the majority frisco niggas dont do it its real an east bay thing
Sophisticated Bitches haha ok

and alot of girls like that hyphy shit as long as its a good track theyll dance to it freak everything

May 25, 2005
how u know folks outside the bay dont like bay stuff?? im from vallejo and im stationed in missouri, they ride to our music like crazy!! i got folks stationed all over the world n i always ask if folks are listening to bay stuff and the answer is always yes. talk what u know cuddie...

Dec 6, 2005
Go

yea i know on some real shit though i really think diz iz a serious issue 4 guyz women are takin our women cuz i was at diz party N i was like damn therez hella bitchez here ima go N talk 2 em N all da onez i talked were dyke or bi also i know hella gurlz dat may seem straight but they really bi
________
Old Man Fucking

Dec 31, 2005
thats some shit tho some girls might say they gay cuz they dont like a dude but daym some really is just dike i think kickin it a guy tho get them kind of straight just gotta spit somethin getem to be straight ish

Jul 30, 2005
hyphie.blogspot.com
DoughBoyX4 said:
yea i know on some real shit though i really think diz iz a serious issue 4 guyz women are takin our women cuz i was at diz party N i was like damn therez hella bitchez here ima go N talk 2 em N all da onez i talked were dyke or bi also i know hella gurlz dat may seem straight but they really bi
homie, you probably just ugly.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
shit at least bitches are dancin to that shit now. i remember a couple years back when bay shit used to come on at the clubs all the bitches got off the dance floor, at least now they givin some type of response. even when i was in TJ at this one club i seen a couple bitches in a circle doin some type of their own thizz dance where it looked like they was throwin a pill in they mouth when thizz dance came on, i was like shit its spreadin