A new Tupac course at U.W

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
Oh god... okay, for those of you who think Pac was much more... Explain your reasoning instead of just hiding behind abstraction... I'm telling you straight up, if Pac didn't have a heart sometimes and rap about the lighter side of things, nobody would give a fuck about him... you know who I respect? Nas... that's a real man right there and yet he gets zero credit. This ain't even about Nas either, I'm just trying to draw a comparison... I think Nas has done more for the community than Pac ever did.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^Nas is a good comparison....and he doesn't get zero credit...Obviously you just gave him some credit, but I do agree he deserves more credit than he gets....BUT....his music isn't always the tightest shit....Does he write poetry?

To some people Pac may have just been "another rapper" but to many people his words were more than just that....Maybe it's just easy for me to see cause that's what I believe, but I'm having trouble explaining it...

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ You know me well!

@Sixx

Friend, i'm not saying he should speak English, Punjabi, Azerbaijani, Thai, Urdu and Tajik to be respected....but if he lived in the heart of Los Angeles and didn't even speak Spanish, you can get some kind of impression about what priority Latin American culture and civilization had for him.

Now, Nas...Nas is a hypocrite, but we love him for that. Every other album, he swears he'll "never make another commercial song"...then, bless his heart, 6 months later, there one is all over the television. Great musician...horrible politician.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Ok, check this.

Tupac is the highest selling Hip-Hop Artist ever, he's sold nearly 39,000,000 Albums to date. This guy was alive in the public eye for 3-4 years.

In 3-4 years he did over 6 movies... he was crossing over the culture to the mainstream. We're talking back when it wasn't normal to have a lead man in hip-hop doing movies.

He was a poet, not just in the lyrical sense, he actually wrote deep poetry and has a book published of his work. If you want to pick it up, it's "The Rose that Grew From Concrete".

He was raised by Black Panthers, Hustlers and Drug Dealers... maybe that's why he didn't see it fit to lobby for change with the California Legislature. He was a victim of falling through the system... he didn't believe in the system.

He lead rallies to clean up the neighborhoods and give people hope. He connected with the masses through Hip-Hop. You say he's not the man Martin Luther King was, I tend to agree, however King was in the public eye for 15 years... give Tupac an extra decade in the publics eye and he would still be here, fighting for the cause he strongly believed in while alive.

That cause was his "THUGLIFE" that many people miss interpret. He wanted to give the people the hope that even though they lacked financial backing, geographical advantage, quality of education and other priviledges of life that many of take for granted, they can still grow up to be somebody important, not the Thug, Hoodlum or Statistic that the system profiles them to be.

Tupac felt that the simple defeatest attitude that was being dumped down on the poverty stricken societies of America through propaganda and cultural segregation was the problem at hand... this was the War worth fighting for in his eyes, not the War on Drugs or the Wars in the middle east. Maybe he didn't feal the need to speak Spanish to a Latin American culture, because he was lobbying for the poor and hungry... the American Poverty Culture.

The Tupac that the majority of the people saw, was the Tupac the media fed you in small doses. It's the media that branded him a Rapist, a Cop Killer and a threat to America's Youth. The people who see that, then hear the songs like "Hit 'Em Up" and listen for the violent lyrics. I suppose they don't take that extra step to listen to songs like "Changes"... one of his Post-Humous hits that really defines Tupac's message to me.

If only the naysayers took the time to wiegh out the facts in comparison to what the other Visionary's of our modern age have accomplished, and then you realize the time frame in which this Visionary was alloted to work in, you can only appreciate what he had done and wonder what more he would have done if he wasn't taken from us so prematurely.

This was a 25 year old man, that attempted to spark a change in a world the only way he knew how. He was a victim of his own Vice, he had flaws and they were majorly televised in our time of mass media.

All of the past visionaries that help mold are society have both the lack of mass media exploit and the value of time on their sides. We don't know the extent of Tupac's reach quite yet, but there's no telling what may come of these classes, songs, poetry and movies being released in his name sake.

In my opinion, the music was only one tenth of what comprised Tupac the man, unfortunately most people haven't been priviledged to appreciate the rest of this man's legacy.

I could go on much longer about this, but I already know the value of this man's life and if you are not willing to look further into the story yourself, I might be fighting a lost cause.

See Tupac Resurection if you get the chance.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
I dont know what you've been told....but the system DOESN'T fail. If 2pac had wanted to go to college and get a bachelor's degree or become a doctor, the only thing holding him back would be himself. But you don't slip through the cracks unless you ALLOW yourself to slip through the cracks.

"you can only appreciate what he had done and wonder what more he would have done if he wasn't taken from us so prematurely" -- but he was. And he wasn't taken from us in the reflexive person.....another man took his life and murdered him, most likely because 2pac flew off the handle and did some ignorant shit. And, yes, we are ALL capable of ignorant shit.

Thats all cool that you could start a memorial to him here, and paraphrase his eulogy, but you really aren't impressing me. Give him the benefit of the doubt all you'd like...but the bottom line is, he went out by the same violence he advocated, most likely after stomping someone out on some bullshit. Not by a bullet because he was such a "visionary", while he was delivering a rallying cry to the projects or handing out Thanksgiving turkeys.

I've read all i need to read on the man. And with all due respect, I have more important things to dive into at this time. See, i came from welfare and section 8 and food stamps too...and now i'm on the path to graduation, because i refused to believe the "system" couldn't work for me if i wanted it to. And now, it is.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
tadou said:
I dont know what you've been told....but the system DOESN'T fail.

Typical American outlook....You've officially been brain washed....:confused: FUCK THE SYSTEM.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Spoken like 2 people who truly have no idea what they're talking about. Try getting your head out of your ass for once, and coming and seeing the real world. Millions of dollars for schools, homeless shelters with food SURPLUSES, economy improving...all kinds of shit.

Yet there's always going to be that one shithead, moping around at his 9-5 at mcdonalds, saying "i cant afford college", yet has NEVER walked his ass INTO one, and asked about how financial aid works. You mention "Fafsa", and they think you speakin a foreign language.

Aint none of yall dudes old enough to say the system doesnt work.....NO WAY, NO SHAPE, NO FORM. Come see me when you're 40.

Oh yeah, and if the American way was to say "Fuck America"...then i wouldn't be an American. But i am...and fucking proud OF being one.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
tadou said:
Spoken like 2 people who truly have no idea what they're talking about. Try getting your head out of your ass for once, and coming and seeing the real world. Millions of dollars for schools, homeless shelters with food SURPLUSES, economy improving...all kinds of shit.

Yet there's always going to be that one shithead, moping around at his 9-5 at mcdonalds, saying "i cant afford college", yet has NEVER walked his ass INTO one, and asked about how financial aid works. You mention "Fafsa", and they think you speakin a foreign language.

Aint none of yall dudes old enough to say the system doesnt work.....NO WAY, NO SHAPE, NO FORM. Come see me when you're 40.

Oh yeah, and if the American way was to say "Fuck America"...then i wouldn't be an American. But i am...and fucking proud OF being one.
Fuck that, when's the last time you went hungry?

Just because your system works, doesn't mean the system works.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Never...because there is ALWAYS the food bank and there is ALWAYS the homeless shelter or church lunches.....ALWAYS. And, YES, i have been to BOTH. FUCK your pride. If its eat or go hungry, I eat.

"The system did this to me"...."the media did that to me"....when are people going to start looking in THE MIRROR?

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Then i suppose i never will.

My first bike came from Salvation army.
I've stood in line at the food bank several times.
I've ate free lunch at the church, along with the homeless.
I've ate dinner at the mission.
I've received and spent food stamps.
I've lived in section 8 housing.
I've lived from welfare checks.
I've recieved child support, and at times, suffered without it.
All throughout school, i had free lunch.
Uncle Sam pays 90% of my tuition, because my need is high.

....What more can i say? How many of these things can YOU relate to...Honestly?

The system is alive and well....and i am a product of it...

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Is this really gonna turn into a battle of who had it worst?

The facts are that the system is flawed. You can't tell me differently. Just because few people have actually climbed there way out and made something of themselves does not mean everybody has.

The fact that there is something called "The Struggle", is proof to me that there is a flawed system. When you get your first bike from the salvation army, or when my first bike was pieced together out a scrap heap, but then another child can have a go-kart mail ordered from Indianapolis proves to me we have a falied sustem. If there's so many people sitting back on fortunes they could never spend and another family is sitting back on a welfare check spent on crack to deal with "The Struggle" is proof to me we have a flawed system.

If this system worked right, there wouldn't be a free lunch program... or everybody would be on that free lunch program. It's a caste system that eliminates the people mentally from having an equal oppurtunity in this world, and then there's the "The Struggle" they have to go through just to get something that another man was given.

That's the flaw in the system and if you think the things you lsited are the answers, then I wonder why my friends were passed around from house hold to house hold as children. I wonder what kept me from being there? It wasn't the system... I was lucky enough to have what very little I had. Not everyone is so lucky.

The system is very flawed.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
@fridge.. what was given to you and many other lucky people was most likely earned by their parents. so far in this argument im totally on tadous side. i have been through "the struggle" and am still in it. i been on welfare since day 1 living with my bipolar manic depressive mom whos only had 1 job for about a year in my 17 years around her.we have received enough from the system to get us through. i am very happy with this system.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Man, whatever you want to say. It's beyond the welfare system. There's so many out there who simply grew up in the wrong area or were born the wrong race that they aren't given the same oppurtunities that other people are. There is a caste system here and there are people profiting off of your poverty.

I'm convinced it's much worse than you guys give it credit for.