#3 on NE1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
@balheadrix, the point is homie, every song takes time to write, record mix, etc. Not the mention the money it costs to make. Downloadin' music is leeching off the people who make the music. Half the people who download music probably think "oh yeah, if I like it I'll go and buy it" but then they download it and think "meh, I can't be bothered". That's why it's so bad. If you like one song then go say what's up to a homie who has the CD and bump that shit with him. Basically, the bottom line is downloadin' stops people from buyin' CD's.

CURT B said:
wut u know bout that..hella hardcore up in england bitch..
WTF has that got to do with anything, why folks even got to bring that up? Yeah we don't have CD's in England :rolleyes: Go slap yourself.

May 4, 2002
balheadrix said:
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WTF IS WRONG WITH DOWNLOADING MUSIC?????

WHAT IS A BROTHA LIKE ME, IS TOO POOR TO AFFORD BUYING A CD JUST CUZ I LIKE ONE SONG BY THA ARTIST?

WHAT IS THA POINT OF BUYING A ONE HIT WONDER'S CD, WHEN THA REST OF THA CD IS BULLSHIT

FOR EX. LIL FLIP- I BOUGHT THAT SHIT CUZ IT WAS ONLY 9.99 AT BEST BUY, THAT CD WAS BULLSHIT.

I GET ALL MY WOODIE CD'S STR8 FRUM THA SOURCE FOR FREE. DOES THAT MAKE ME A HATER CUZ I DONT BUY HIS SHIT. I DONT THINK SO, CUZ OF THA FACT THAT I SUPPORT HIS MUSIC

BUT THA THING IS, WHEN I DO GET MY EAST CO CO CD'S. I STICK ALL THA ALBUM STICKERS EVERYWHERE I CAN. CUZ THASS HOW I DO WHEN IM GIVIN THA ALBUM, I GET PROMO CARDS, PROMO STICKERS, POSTERS. EVERYTHING

ALL IN ALL, IF A HOMIE CAN'T AFFORD THA CD, N THEY CAN GET THA MUSIC FOR FREE. IT GRAVITY HAVITY BABITY, LOL
You can't afford cds, but you can afford a high speed internet connection? Or does your mom pay for that?

Apr 25, 2002
www.SICCNESS.NET
RIX, HOW ARE YOU POOR??? YOU LIVE IN A TWO STORY, 4 BEDROOM HOUSE ON KNOLLPARK. QUIT PUTTIN' TOO MUCH ON IT. I DON'T KNOW WHO'S BEEN GIVIN' YOU FREE CD'S BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN ANYMORE. I'M FINALLY GONNA SAY IT. YOU GET ON MY FUCKIN' NERVES.

AND WHILE WE'RE ON A "FUCK YOU" TO ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ONE'S OPINION I'D LIKE TO SAY A BIG "FUCK YOU" TO ANYONE THAT'S EVER DOWNLOADED OR BURNED MY MUSIC YET HAS NEVER BOUGHT A LEGIT COPY. THERE'S BEEN QUITE A FEW TIMES I'VE SEEN MY SHIT BURNED IN SOMEONE'S CD COLLECTION AND EVERYTIME THAT SHIT GETS BROKE INTO PIECES ON THE SPOT. IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT OR IT'S NOT A HOMIEZ LEGIT COPY THEN I DON'T WANT YOU LISTENIN' TO IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

May 21, 2002
Santa Rosa
i dunno what rix is talkin bout but if a cd comes out and its an artist i like hella ya i support their shit....i remeber when three 6 mafia used to come out with cds i used to always be at the store after school and shit just to swoop me a copy and slump....i got me Northern Expozure 2 and Northern Expozure 4 but as far as tho other cds i cant fihd them and i been askin wood for that Demonz N My Sleep that is remastered and has the audio soundin better than the unormal version that everyone seems to have

Apr 25, 2002
balheadrix said:
WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WTF IS WRONG WITH DOWNLOADING MUSIC?????
It's illegal, and usually not supported by the artist/label who OWNS the music.
WHAT IS A BROTHA LIKE ME, IS TOO POOR TO AFFORD BUYING A CD JUST CUZ I LIKE ONE SONG BY THA ARTIST?

WHAT IS THA POINT OF BUYING A ONE HIT WONDER'S CD, WHEN THA REST OF THA CD IS BULLSHIT

FOR EX. LIL FLIP- I BOUGHT THAT SHIT CUZ IT WAS ONLY 9.99 AT BEST BUY, THAT CD WAS BULLSHIT.
If an album only has one good song, DON'T BUY IT! It's not worth the money! But that doesn't give you the right to illegally obtain the song(s) you do like. Really, think about what you're doing. Say you're looking at a fit at the mall or something...

"How much is that sweatshirt?"
"The set is $99."
"I don't want the pants, how much for just the shirt?"
"We don't sell them separate."
"Well I'm just gonna take it for free then cuz that's bullshit!"

How fucking ridiculous is that?
I GET ALL MY WOODIE CD'S STR8 FRUM THA SOURCE FOR FREE. DOES THAT MAKE ME A HATER CUZ I DONT BUY HIS SHIT. I DONT THINK SO, CUZ OF THA FACT THAT I SUPPORT HIS MUSIC
You're not supporting, you're stealing something. How would you feel if you put in a week of work for someone and they refused to give you a paycheck?
BUT THA THING IS, WHEN I DO GET MY EAST CO CO CD'S. I STICK ALL THA ALBUM STICKERS EVERYWHERE I CAN. CUZ THASS HOW I DO WHEN IM GIVIN THA ALBUM, I GET PROMO CARDS, PROMO STICKERS, POSTERS. EVERYTHING
It's funny that people who download shit always act like they're helping the artist. "I tell all my friends!" "I get other people to buy your shit!" When did a record label hire YOU not only to promote their shit, but to decide on how it should be promoted??
ALL IN ALL, IF A HOMIE CAN'T AFFORD THA CD, N THEY CAN GET THA MUSIC FOR FREE. IT GRAVITY HAVITY BABITY, LOL
I don't think there's anyone who owns a computer that can't afford a CD, especially from artists who post here and usually hook people up cheaper if they get it direct through mail order rather than in a store.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
WOODIE said:
RIX, HOW ARE YOU POOR??? YOU LIVE IN A TWO STORY, 4 BEDROOM HOUSE ON KNOLLPARK. QUIT PUTTIN' TOO MUCH ON IT. I DON'T KNOW WHO'S BEEN GIVIN' YOU FREE CD'S BUT THAT WON'T HAPPEN ANYMORE. I'M FINALLY GONNA SAY IT. YOU GET ON MY FUCKIN' NERVES.

AND WHILE WE'RE ON A "FUCK YOU" TO ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ONE'S OPINION I'D LIKE TO SAY A BIG "FUCK YOU" TO ANYONE THAT'S EVER DOWNLOADED OR BURNED MY MUSIC YET HAS NEVER BOUGHT A LEGIT COPY. THERE'S BEEN QUITE A FEW TIMES I'VE SEEN MY SHIT BURNED IN SOMEONE'S CD COLLECTION AND EVERYTIME THAT SHIT GETS BROKE INTO PIECES ON THE SPOT. IF YOU DIDN'T BUY IT OR IT'S NOT A HOMIEZ LEGIT COPY THEN I DON'T WANT YOU LISTENIN' TO IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
wood man, i never burned yo music or anything, all i do is fuckin support it, when i do get tha cd, i always do my best to fuckin post stickers n shit everywhere, and i can GUARANTEE! THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO DIDNT KNOW ABOUT WOODIE, KNOW ABOUT WOODIE CUZ OF ME, cuz introduced them to your music, and they have bought your cd's plain and simple, no doubt, all im tryin to do is get yo name known a lil more to tha people who don't kno, and increase your fan base. when i went to DV. trust me, about a 100 people were given promo cards, and stickers, and a chosen few, who liked tha music, i gave them posters man.

now if u want me to stop spreadin your musical fan base, i will stop just say tha word, i was just lookin out n helpin a homie, my bad fo even doing that.

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
AND ONE MORE THING, WHEN I MOVED TO THA SACRAMENTO AREAD FOR A SEMESTER IN COLLEGE.....

PEOPLE WHO DIDNT EVEN KNOW ABOUT ANTIOCH KNEW WHAT ANTIOCH WAS, I SPREAD LOU E LOU STICKERS ALL OVER IN CITIES AND TOWNS SUCH AS.....

ROCKLIN, ROSEVILLE, SACRAMENTO, LOOMIS, AUBURN, FOREST HILL AREA, WOODIE AND LOU E LOU STICKERS ON THA FOREST HILL BRIDGE, MAN I SPREAD YO MUSIC TO BOY'S WHO NEVER KNEW ABOUT A CITY CALLED ANTIOCH, PEOPLE WHO NEVER KNEW SUCH A DOPE ARTIST COULD COME OUT OF A CITY LIKE THIS, MAN I GOT HOMIES AT SIERRA COLLEGE KNOCKIN YO SHIT JUST BCUZ I LET THEM LISTEN TO THA CDS ONE DAY, THEY BOUGHT A FEW COPIES OF YO MUSIC, AND THEY GOT THA LOU E LOU, BRO ALL IM DOIN IS SPREADIN THA WORD MAN

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND BRO. FRUM A FAN SINCE BACK IN THA DAY, ALL I'M DOIN IS TRYIN TO HELP YOU OUT MAN. THASS BOUT IT. plain n simple, i aint never downloaded, or burned anything that has to do with east co co. man i dont understand how i get on your nerves, when all im doin is stating comments, and spreadin tha word about WOODIE, and east co co records, n one more thing,
u gave me a copy of NE4 yourself and signed it and everything when it first dropped.

im just tryin to spread tha word homie

RIX

Sicc OG
Dec 6, 2002
naw man, tha stan comment is funny i admint, but on tha real tho man, i just dont like tha fact homie said im gettin on his nerves n shit, man im just tryin to help tha homie out, so he can make make antioch known, cuz it really ain't, its like makin me think, why can everyone else have pride in their town's n city's n shit, when they aint got shit, but when i try to have pride in my city, it all blows up in my face n shit, thass fucked up i think.

Apr 25, 2002
naw dogg.....i cant speak for woodie..but i get the impression that he just doesnt appreciate the endless nonsess you post up on a regular..like never making it fully understood f u bang Norte..yet repeatedly saying fuck scrappas...etc....

claiming to be too POOR to buy an album..yet youve posted pics of your neighborhood and that shit is upper middle class...plus you go to college...not to mention the pics of your cars u have posted...come on folks....that "too poor" line was bullshit

as far as havin pride in your city...i dont think its nothin wrong with that...but answer me this...were you puttin it down hard for the YOC before you started listening to WOODIE?...or did u just hop on the FANwagon and now u str8 YOC life rydin?...

this is just my POV on the subject...take it how u want to

Nov 2, 2002
Steve said:
Thanks Woodie.

It ain't even about that. You people (people who download music they should be paying for) fuckin' suck. It costs time and money to make music. You don't walk into McDonalds and expect a fuckin' free Big Mac. And it bothers me so much because I intend to release CD's myself in the future.

So you knock the CD once every 2 months and you can't tell the difference between one end of it and the other? If you didn't know, why did you come in here guessing? Why didn't you slap it in your system and check which one it was? Let's face it, you downloaded it.

wait, didnt you have your OWN songs avaliable for download on a web site?

Apr 25, 2002
925 mow fucka said:

wait, didnt you have your OWN songs avaliable for download on a web site?
Yes. I don't have an album out, or a record deal, and they're fairly low quality. So at the moment I'm tryin' to spread the word - I encourage people to download and burn my current shit, it puts the word out.