Yukmouth interview for new Xplosive

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
YUKMOUTH INTERVIEW from NEW ISSUE!

YUKMOUTH

By DJ PIMP

Yukmouth is virtually on the very top of everybody’s favorite rapper list. With his classic raspy voice, his phenomenal word play and his unbelievable delivery, Yukmouth is considered by some as one of the greatest rappers of all time. When he first jumped on the scene as one half of The Luniz you knew he was special but I doubt anyone back then knew he would go on to drop some of the fiercest records and mix tapes the Bay Area has ever seen.
He’s had his share of beef and controversy over the years but always seems to come out the other side unscathed. Xplosive Magazine had a chance to holla at Yuk to try and set the record straight and to answer all those questions the fans have been dieing to know.
Well it looks like the long wait is over for fans who want to know when they can finally cop that Million Dollar Mouthpiece album and Yuk says it’s being mastered right now and will be in stores by October of this year.
“This is my last album for Rap-A-Lot, then I’m a free agent baby and I’ll be talking to all the major labels as long as they come at me with that quap, you feel me”? But I also have several other projects up my sleeve. I got the Regime Life album with all my Regime ni**** like Tech N9ne, Gonzoe and the whole camp on there. I also got Thug Lords 2 with my ni*** C-BO and this time we bringing Spice 1 with us, so we getting ready to rock the music industry in a major way”.
Now that Yukmouth has squashed all of his beef’s, look for him to hook up with one time enemy Young Buck. “Young Buck had a show recently and he brought me up on stage and introduced me and the crowd went nuts. That beef is officially dead, in fact, all my beef’s are squashed right now, me and Too Short, me and 50 cent, and me and Master P, me and Game, all squashed. Me and Master P are even in the process of doing a project together as we speak. I’m all about getting paper right now. Everyone knows I got plenty of paper, but I’m getting ready to get a whole bunch more, you feel me”?
Yukmouth is a busy guy but he’s never to busy for his fans and if you’ve ever hit him thru his myspace page you’ll know what I’m talking about.
“I always answer my myspace page and I’ve actually sold verses and got hella shows off of my myspace. I love my fans and if they take the time to hit me up, I’ll always try to get at them. They the ones that help make me, and anyone who knows me knows I love them for that”.
Ask Yuk who his favorite rapper is and you might be surprised, “My favorite rapper is…. Yuk. LOL, I aint gonna lie, I listen to my joints over and over again a thousand times and if I love it, it goes on the album but if I can only listen to it once or twice it never sees the light of day. As far as who else I listen to besides myself, I listen to anybody that’s hot. If they bringin that heat I’ll bump it, if not I cant mess with it”. As far as production goes, I mostly like working with Mike Dean from Rap-A-Lot, he’s been making knocks for me for a while now, but I love Tone Capone and cats like that too. I’d love to get down with Dr Dre, but who wouldn’t, you feel me? On my new album I got lots of producers who are on the come up and have that heat cause I like to give some of these cats their first break, you know what I’m sayin? But if they don’t have heat you know I can’t spit on it no matter who they are”.
When asked if there is anyone Yuk would like to work with in the rap game he says “Yea, I wanna get down with Nas, Jay-Z, even 50 cent, as long as they got heat I’ll do a track with them”.
Coming from the Bay where the Hyphy Movement is big right now, I had to ask How Yuk was feeling about it. “That’s for some of my other ni****. I aint hatin on it, but you know I gotta keep it mobb, I make that gangsta sh**, that’s what I’m known for, that’s what I do, you feel me”?
When asked about these certain rappers, Yukmouth had this to say.
E-40 “He’s the ambassador of the Bay. I love 40, that’s my dude right there. He’s a boss, a straight legend. I love 40 to death”.
Young Dru “That’s baby Yuk right there, that’s one of the rawest dude’s I know. I met him at autograph signing and he blew me away with his spit and he been down with me ever since. He’s baby Yuk. That boy’s a monster”.
Tech N9ne “He’s the best rapper in the world right now, no offense to my ni*** 40 or C-BO, or any of my other ni****, but Tech is the sickest rapper alive. He can flip the script a million ways and will rip any emcee on the planet. Aint nobody can f*** with Tech N9ne on a mic and you can quote me”.
Lil Wayne “He’s the hottest rapper in the game right now. Everybody is saying it and I’d be a hater if I didn’t agree. That n**** is the real deal. He’s got crazy bars and he stay real busy. I’d get down with him if I had the chance”.
Any shout outs before you go? “I gotta shout out J. Prince. He’s the one who’s letting me leave Rap-A-Lot like a man, so I can go get these millions of dollars. That’s my mentor for life. That’s my family. He’s done a lot for me that he didn’t have to do. When I got locked up, my bail was 100,000 dollars and J Prince was there within the hour with a hundred racks bailing me out. Tupac sold millions of records and when he got locked nobody from his label came running to bail him out, Suge had to go get him. J Prince didn’t give me a fish so I could eat for a day, he taught me to fish so I could eat for life, you feel me? He taught me so much about the game and has always been with me thru thick and thin and I aint never gonna forget what he’s done for me. I also want to shout out all my fans who have supported me and the Regime over the years. I want ya’ll to know that you aint seen the best of Yukmouth yet. Yadidamean”? Come check out his music or holla at him at www.myspace.com/yukmouth