Why can't record labels keep their shit from getting LEAKED!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
shit, ya boy had c-bo "gas chamber" bout 7-8 months before it came out in the day....had dubee"a.ka. suga wolf "the first one for a big minute before that shit dropped.....i had folks at a local record store who hooked ya boy up...i think it helps a some artists when it comes to dropping especially if they new to the game with no name...

May 22, 2002
IMO....i read ur opinins

And they seem very valid...but 2 example's I will use is Eminem and NORE...both has upcoming cd's called 'The Eminem Show' and 'Grimey..God's Favorite'...both these records are on MAJOR LABELS (Interscope and Def Jam)..now Eminem was going to originally release it failry early but had to push it back because it wasnt completely ready...when bootlegs leaked all over (000's im talking about!)...they had to push it front...to almost the original date except 2 weeks later or more...and yet did you see how many he sold in the first week....the hype remained and he has sold well over 3 million copies including areas for bootlegs and downloading

The other case is NORE aka Norega who has a long time album awaiting had the original due date a while ago and it was expected to sell as much as platinum level...but they pushed it back because of the 000's of bootlegs that happened and do u think anyone will buy Nore now...never....i bet his album wont sell 100 K if that....why? cause he pushed back the date too long, too mnay bootlegs and WAY too many promo's lioke he did with mixtapes and promo cd's...(you have to be eastcoast to know that)

Now both are respected artists on major labels (eminem is more respected) but there are 1oo's of more sources to get eminem downloads....the major factor is that eminem kept building hype in himself by NO PROMOTING ecept for DJ Kay slay mixtape where I dont think it had eminem show songs....and NORE constantly gave his music to dj's like kay slay ect....

The difference is a major change in promotion...

~--My 2 cents--~