US choking bigtime right now

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
That shit was disturbing. But I shouldn't be surprised, because it's been the same story for the past so many years. They have the best individual players in the world; the most athletic and talented, yet they let the European squad dictate the way they play. Instead of penetrating and getting out in transition they turn into robots, play a slow half court game and settle for outside shots. Use your motherfuckin' abilities. Shake someone, go to the rack, do something other than pass the ball around the perimeter. And the D was horrendous. They basically got outscored by a bunch of john stocktons and karl malones.
And I actually thought the U.S. looked pretty decent in the first few games. I figured the no name, role players would be the difference, but nah, I changed my mind. They need to go back to strictly selecting superstars and find a coach that will allow them to play an uptempo, free willing type of game.

May 15, 2002
I wonder if they'll tank the bronze medal game

What is it now? I think they have to qualify for the olympics now. It's quite sad that the US can't win. USA basketball is jinxed - no "stars" want to play on that team knowing they have a chance to lose. Case in point, it would have reflected bad on Kobe if he had played and they lost.

Jul 24, 2005
the thing thats killing us basketball right now is that they have no jump shooter(ie micheal red,riddrick) shit Its a good thing that the us is losing we need a reality check that all, I just hope the youngins watching this improve their overall game you just can't take the ball to the hole its a team game and it will always be a team game even MJ had pippen

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
I watched the 3rd and 4th quarter, it seems like they would have done better without lebron and wade.......

May 15, 2002
no whats really killing them is lack of defense. You'd think they'd adjust to the pick and roll - I guess Coach K had no idea how to defend it cause you don't see the P&R in college. Another question, how does a 315 lbs guy beat all your players down the court.

The only thing I liked yesterday was Shane Battier. That guy has heart. When he was in the game, he gave his all, diving on the floor and D'ing people up.

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
PGBD said:
That shit was disturbing. But I shouldn't be surprised, because it's been the same story for the past so many years. They have the best individual players in the world; the most athletic and talented, yet they let the European squad dictate the way they play. Instead of penetrating and getting out in transition they turn into robots, play a slow half court game and settle for outside shots. Use your motherfuckin' abilities. Shake someone, go to the rack, do something other than pass the ball around the perimeter. And the D was horrendous. They basically got outscored by a bunch of john stocktons and karl malones.
And I actually thought the U.S. looked pretty decent in the first few games. I figured the no name, role players would be the difference, but nah, I changed my mind. They need to go back to strictly selecting superstars and find a coach that will allow them to play an uptempo, free willing type of game.
That doesn't mean play like an And 1 team.

Oct 10, 2002
str8ball.free.fr
Of course it was disappointing from the Americans. The Greeks just got on fire, extra motivated to play USA. USA started to lose confidence while the Greeks executed perfectly for 2 quarters. The team had some great players : lebron, anthony, wade, paul but I think they need to respect the opponent more. Coach K didn't even know greeks players, USA team didn't see the Greeks play or anything, didn't bother to.They would have known players like Papaloukas can do everything on the court. I mean they had the exact same game against France in the quarter finals.
Basically it's not a question of who you bring but the dedication, repect to other teams and being able to play together, something young players still need to learn on this team.
The Greeks who usually play defense, outscoring the Americans wow I would have never thought of that. However they lost to Spain by a lot of points, tired or maybe not focused enough after beating the US.