UNCLE MURDA - HARD 2 KILL (MIXTAPE) 8.5 out of 10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
It's been a minute since someone in NYC has come along and made this much noise. That someone is none other than Uncle Murda, who's been hella busy since 2006 when he first jumped in the mixtape game. (Remember when 50 did it before becoming a household name?) Well, Murda has already dropped damn near a dozen mixtapes, and the streets are loving ‘em all. It looks like the hard work is paying off for Murda as his name is well known throughout New York. With so much quality work, it was hard to pick one CD to review, but I went with the one that I was personally feelin’ the most. I chose Hard 2 Kill, which features 22 tracks of fire. If you like that hardcore gangsta sh#t, then Uncle Murda is what you're lookin’ for. He kills it on the title track, “Hard 2 Kill,” where he talks about the time he got shot in the head. “I got a bullet in my head, but I feel good. A bullet really in my head, I ain’t lie like Suge.” His voice is crisp, his rhymes as hard as anyone in the game, and his delivery is in yo face nonstop. His remake of Slick Rick's, “Children's Story,” is one of the best joints on here, but some of the other stand outs on here include, “Keep It 100,” featuring Big Bo, “Beef,” which features Bishop from Juice on the intro (shout out to Pac) and “187,” where he reminds you exactly why they call him Murda. This mixtape is hosted by Green Lantern and Cut Master C. It will have you hitting the rewind buttons a few times to see if he really said what you thought he just said. This mixtape is as good as it gets.

Words By DJ PIMP