TO not playing vs SF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
T.O. says MRI negative, but he's still hurtingAssociated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Terrell Owens said he reaggravated his left hamstring injury when he returned to practice last week for the Dallas Cowboys and almost certainly will miss his third straight preseason game.

"Just because the MRI doesn't show anything, that doesn't mean that I'm not hurting."
Terrell Owens
"It's frustrating, but it's not where I need it to be to play and perform like I need to," Owens said Wednesday. "So at this point, I'm going to be smart about it."

Asked if he could play if this was the regular season, Owens said, "I doubt it, not the way I need to play."

After missing 14 consecutive training camp practices and the preseason opener in Seattle because of the hamstring problem that has bothered him all month, Owens returned for five practices last week. He missed the final full workout in Oxnard, Calif., last weekend and didn't play Monday night against New Orleans in Shreveport, La., after the hamstring tightened up on him.

Owens was back on the field last Wednesday after Cowboys owner Jerry Jones suggested that the receiver needed to learn how to practice at less than 100 percent. His first practice back came only hours after coach Bill Parcells reiterated that Owens needed to be on the field.

"I felt like I was never pressured to get back on the field. I just tried to compromise with some people, just try to be around the team and get back out there," Owens said. "It just flared up again."

Owens first felt a twinge in his hamstring Aug. 2, but an MRI taken three days later was clear. Owens said another MRI taken this week was also negative, with only a little fluid in the hamstring.

"Just because the MRI doesn't show anything, that doesn't mean that I'm not hurting," Owens said.

The Cowboys play their first home preseason game Saturday night against San Francisco, Owens' original team. They play their final preseason game five nights later.

It's possible that Owens might not play in a game for Dallas until the Sept. 10 season opener at Jacksonville. He hasn't played in a game with quarterback Drew Bledsoe, and the Dallas offense is different from the West Coast scheme Owens played in for the 49ers and Philadelphia.

"He is pretty much up on what to do," Parcells said. "He has been very attentive in meetings and trying to learn. There are some adjustments for him to make. Where he is and actually doing it is hard to tell."

Mar 16, 2005
just playing. I don't think it's Parcells at all...It's TO!

He is so full of himself it is crazy. He is going to ruin in last chance before the season even starts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
They gonna need gods help to beat the niners, 06 49ers are the best team in the history of the nfl, u aint heard?

Mar 16, 2005
gimpypimp said:
Am I missing something...? What did T.O. do?
Just him complaining about the coaches rushing him back, even though he has been doin everything they are asking of him by himself on another field. They are just telling him to do it with teammates and get some chemistry going, And also already threatning to not come back until he is good and ready even if it isn't until week 2 or 3 of regular season, even though all the tests have come back saying nothing is wrong..

Mar 16, 2005
Heres more to the story!! Check out the very last line....funny stuff.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

INJURY MIGHT TIE TUNA'S HANDS

A league source raised with us on Tuesday night a great point -- and one of our readers echoed it this morning.

To the extent that the Cowboys would contemplate dumping Owens and his $5 million salary before it becomes fully guaranteed on the first weekend of the regular season, the fact that Owens has a hamstring injury that he claims was aggravated by a premature return to practice would result in either an injury settlement or a grievance, if he is cut before he is completely healed.

And maybe that's why (as we reported early Sunday) Owens is taking the position that he might not be 100 percent until the second week of the regular season, since even one game check obtained is worth nearly $300,000.

In fact, the recent statement by Jerry Jones that Owens might have another MRI on his hamstring could be part of a plan by the team to ensure that he's technically "healthy" before they make a final decision as to whether having T.O. and the intense media scrutiny that he attracts for the full course of a 17-week season is worth the headache.

We're not saying that they will let him go. But it would be stoopid not to at least consider it, given what has transpired over the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, kudos to the reader who pointed out to us this morning that, while Owens has missed 15 practices and counting with a "serious" hamstring pull that has yet to show any damage on an MRI, safety Keith Davis has been going strong despite having a bullet in his leg.